What games are you playing now?

I'm almost finished replaying Dark Messiah of Might & Magic. It's actually better than I remember, although it is a little glitchy at times.

The Elder Scrolls Online. I'm really enjoying my time with this game. I'm playing an Orc Warden - I enjoy the combat much more than EQ's from a soloing standpoint. Got to be fast and precise, know/learn your skill sets.

I'm still playing battletech. This battle tech advanced mod makes it a whole load of fun to play in career mode. So many new options to build mechs. New mechanics, new mechs, new weapons, new defensive tools.

Really fun.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I still have to play that game.

I've was recently playing This Land is my Land, which is pretty cool but still in Early Access and needs work on the AI, which is more center stage than in a lot of games. Rally your native tribes to take land from the white-man AI factions. Far Cry with survival elements and a strategy layer, a kind of Native American S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I hope they sort out the AI, as the game has real potential, if you're OK with making up your own story in a sandbox.

I moved into another semi-simulation, UBOAT, which is also pretty cool. It's like Silent Hunter without the firing solutions but with added crew management (Yes, considerably more than Silent Hunter V), similar to an old favorite of mine. But if you're not into obscure old games with a learning curve like a cliff, it's a bit of FTL crew management with Rimworld's pysche management, although a lack of nice furnishings doesn't send these guys raving mad. My guys are very professional as they drown in the engine room…

I guess you're fluent in mandarin then. Which additionally means you're fit for a singing career as it's a pitch based language.

Bit late to the party, but I'm playing West of Loathing.
Quick impressions:
I really like the minimal doodle art and the western parody, but…
… not a big fan of "change everything to be even more original" -- which confuses genre lovers.
Case in point: the "humorous" stat names drive me mad. "Moxie" for Ranged attack?! "Grit" for Constitution? C'mon! Why not stick to standard RPG naming?

I'm replaying Risen 3. I've chosen the guardians and have gotten the ship and am bopping around doing all the quests. I love the loot/exploration aspect of this game. Lots of hidden stuff that you can only find be searching carefully and remembering to think vertically too. Lots of hidden stuff for your parrot and monkey to find.

Bit late to the party, but I'm playing West of Loathing.
Quick impressions:
I really like the minimal doodle art and the western parody, but…
… not a big fan of "change everything to be even more original" -- which confuses genre lovers.
Case in point: the "humorous" stat names drive me mad. "Moxie" for Ranged attack?! "Grit" for Constitution? C'mon! Why not stick to standard RPG naming?

So as not to confuse genre lovers (of Westerns)

Finished Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, and now I'm starting Doom (2016). I played it when it was released but never finished due to my saves getting corrupted.

Finished Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, and now I'm starting Doom (2016). I played it when it was released but never finished due to my saves getting corrupted.

Doom (2016) is definitely a solid fun game, replayed it last fall on the Switch ... I don’t like it as much as Doom 1 - 3, but it still surprised me being as good as it was. My singular real complaint is the name - I honestly HATE this new tendency to reuse original names for these reboot games.

Doom (2016) is definitely a solid fun game, replayed it last fall on the Switch … I don’t like it as much as Doom 1 - 3, but it still surprised me being as good as it was.

... then you MUST play Sigil, especially now that Beth finally patched Doom1/2 proper.

For the uninitiated: Sigil is a semi-free expansion pack for the original Doom, made by John Romero himself. And yes, it is damn good.

I tried the streaming service Geforce Now. My computer is pretty crap these days and I can't afford an upgrade right now. It worked ok - I finally had an opportunity to look at Kingdom Come, which looks decent. The image seemed a bit washed out though, it all ran pretty smoothly but the image wasn't sharp despite the settings being high. Still shots and cut scenes looked good but movement seemed to blur. Might be my expectations rather than the stream I guess. I have a download speed of 50+, so ok but not great - might look into boosters etc, hopefully that will improve it. Very responsive though, felt pretty good to play.

Apart from that, I don't normally mod games but I've added the Turn Based mid to Pathfinder for another go at it. I appreciate opinions vary on this one, but it really improved my enjoyment of the game so far.

I tried the streaming service Geforce Now. My computer is pretty crap these days and I can't afford an upgrade right now. It worked ok - I finally had an opportunity to look at Kingdom Come, which looks decent. The image seemed a bit washed out though, it all ran pretty smoothly but the image wasn't sharp despite the settings being high. Still shots and cut scenes looked good but movement seemed to blur. Might be my expectations rather than the stream I guess. I have a download speed of 50+, so ok but not great - might look into boosters etc, hopefully that will improve it. Very responsive though, felt pretty good to play.

Apart from that, I don't normally mod games but I've added the Turn Based mid to Pathfinder for another go at it. I appreciate opinions vary on this one, but it really improved my enjoyment of the game so far.

I tried it as well and had similar experience. I look at GeForce Now as 'Stadia but by a company with a clue about gaming'. So it was cool to play Quake 2 RTX (I don't have a RTX card), and Kingdom Come and a couple of others ... but I will still tend to stick with playing PC games on my PC directly.

I'm trying the original Risen now. I really like Risen 3, but the earlier games never enthused me. I got them for free on Gog, so I'm giving them a shot. So far, they seem fine, though a little clunky with the interface. I just picked up sneak, from a ring I found in a grave, so now it's time to clear Harbortown of all its loot. I'll wait till dark of course.

Still shots and cut scenes looked good but movement seemed to blur.
That could be Temporal Anti-Aliasing? (TXAA, TAA) Try and find a classic MultiSample AA (MSAA x4, x8) and see if that helps. I find all the shader based techniques can look a little blurry.

(Just in general, I haven't tried this Geforce steaming thingo. :) )

A turn-based mod sounds pretty interesting. Is it well made?

Started Seven now, which I won in a RPGwatch raffle quite a while ago. Pretty cool mix of a stealth and open world action-rpg with so far, though I don't like the interface which is somewhat controller focused.

Trying Nioh again, I usually seem to get halfway through before losing interest. Hoping to push through this time.

Also playing ACO. Really wish they didn’t have the war parts or made you choose a side. It’s pretty immersion breaking doing almost the identical quests for each side. SOmetimes I forget which side I’m fighting for. :lol:

I’m hoping switching back and forth between the two will give me enough break to break up the repetition in each.

Having finished replaying Jedi Knight II, I started replaying Dark Forces, and also dove headlong into Neverwinter Nights 2. I think I spent more time getting the camera ‘just right’ than I did with my character build! (Female Paladin)

Back
Top Bottom