- Combat
- Progression
- Exploration
- Looting
- Controls
- Interactivity
- Plot
- ect.

Also I recommend you at least play the games you criticize. As it's very apparent you just like to rant, and make outlandish statements.

As I said, I played it with both expansions. The gameplay elements were painfully bad.

Ignore this toddler idiot. It's a running gag at this point for it to sidetrack everything with infantile rants, here and in other threads. Poor thing is simply starving for attention. ( least with Darth you get to hear some pseudo philosophical/psychological essays and Chien's acrobatics are always amusing ;) )

Your chosen backstory unlocks specific sidequests from the off, while accumulated attribute points and biostats allow for a fluid class system

Think I've figured out how lifepaths work, for the most part, from this and other interviews.

Childhood hero ( Saburo, Johnny, Blackhand): more defining when it comes to personality, player ideals.

Key life event ( Death of Sibling, Ran away from home, First big kill): More for Dialogue with npcs, sometimes to solve quests

Why Night City? ( Unfinished business, Ex lover, Something to prove)…Opens up additional sidequests.

This is the third CDPR thread that you've engaged me in only to later throw a hissy fit and say I'm not worth engaging. Make up your mind, lol.

For the record, saying that TW3 has clunky combat and shallow RPG mechanics is not me being edgy. Even many fans of the game have admitted it since day one.

This is the third CDPR thread that you've engaged me in only to later throw a hissy fit and say I'm not worth engaging. Make up your mind, lol.

For the record, saying that TW3 has clunky combat and shallow RPG mechanics is not me being edgy. Even many fans of the game have admitted it since day one.

Relax, did you read the name of the thread? Cyberpunk 2077- it has little to do with Witcher except for the company that made it ( and is based on drastically different design goals and origins). It's ok to criticize something if you try to act more like an adult and go about it more constructively.

I'll put you simply on ignore from now, you're simply not worth conversing with. :)

To be clear, you were discussing The Witcher 3 first. I only wanted to add my input to the discussion, which you responded poorly to by accusing me of being triggered.

I'll put you simply on ignore from now, you're simply not worth conversing with.

Fifth time is the charm. Maybe this time you will actually mean it.

Think I've figured out how lifepaths work, for the most part, from this and other interviews.

Childhood hero ( Saburo, Johnny, Blackhand): more defining when it comes to personality, player ideals.

Key life event ( Death of Sibling, Ran away from home, First big kill): More for Dialogue with npcs, sometimes to solve quests

Why Night City? ( Unfinished business, Ex lover, Something to prove)…Opens up additional sidequests.
Not bad I always liked creating a backstory, and Cyberpunk 2077 accommodates your picks. It's also a chance to role-play different origins to see how it affects the world.

Sounds the same as Dragon Age Origins minus the elves and dwarfs of course.

I acknowledge its excellence in certain areas

- Graphics
- Voiceacting
- Music
- Worldbuilding
- Most of the writing

I acknowledge its horribleness in other areas

- Combat
- Progression
- Exploration
- Looting
- Controls
- Interactivity
- Plot
- ect.

As I said, I played it with both expansions. The gameplay elements were painfully bad.

Sometime you post stuff and I think what the hell is he talking about?, this is not one of those times.

I think the shortcomings you listed are spot on, but I wouldn’t say they were terrible. I would say they ranged from average to below average though.

Having said that though I think CDPR is addressing those areas and improving them in 2077. I think it’s shaping up to be a better game than the Witcher 3 which was pretty good despite its flaws.

Yes, everything about TW3's gameplay is terrible. :rolleyes:

It's amazing that a game could be so popular on pretty graphics alone.

No. TW3 has grown popular thanks to its lack of gameplay.

Gamers look for gameplay but all players are not gamers.

TW3 is an attitude product that satisfies players looking for a feeling of empowerment.
Gameplay is a demanding thing and could thwart the enjoyment.

The last thing that players looking to dominate, to crush, to make their own rules desire is something that could hinder their self perception.

A gameplay that could send a sense of powerlessness because it issues demands on players does not work in the direction of giving that feeling of power they look for.
It must be smooth, it must flow it must be accessible so that players can live the dream. Another type of gameplay would kick them out of the dream.

Sometime you post stuff and I think what the hell is he talking about?, this is not one of those times.

I think the shortcomings you listed are spot on, but I wouldn’t say they were terrible. I would say they ranged from average to below average though.

Having said that though I think CDPR is addressing those areas and improving them in 2077. I think it’s shaping up to be a better game than the Witcher 3 which was pretty good despite its flaws.

Fair enough. I think you're underselling it a bit, I would say also world, ambiance, sidequests, cinematic storytelling ( Yes, some of us love well done cutscenes :p), characters and dialogue along with best side activity, to be it's high points as well. Combat, exploration, progression and loot were enjoyable, but definitely not on the same level. I think some are a little bit too hyperbolic with criticism there, but that's a discussion for somewhere else. With rpgs in general, I haven't play any t that do all aspects in high quality, few is enough to make it a great game in my book. :)

There's a whole range of possible characteristics between excellent and horrible. Some problems appear if you only get to pick between those two...

With the exception of loot, I didn't have an issue with any of those aspects. Combat could have been better, especially in regards to needing more tactics, but I wouldn't call it bad.

I find it interesting that anyone would try to claim the plot was bad, but when you're really grasping… :)

Combat? ROTFL
If you wanted a combat simulator, TW3 was never trying to be that. Besides where are criticisms there is no tetris puzzle in TW3 and Candy Crush is horrible in it?

For combat heavy game I suggest buying some crap on consoles. Order 1886 would be perfect.

Fair enough. I think you're underselling it a bit, I would say also world, ambiance, sidequests, cinematic storytelling ( Yes, some of us love well done cutscenes :p), characters and dialogue along with best side activity, to be it's high points as well. Combat, exploration, progression and loot were enjoyable, but definitely not on the same level. I think some are a little bit too hyperbolic with criticism there, but that's a discussion for somewhere else. With rpgs in general, I haven't play any t that do all aspects in high quality, few is enough to make it a great game in my book. :)

“ fair enough” but I totally disagree and believe you’re being hyperbolic, awesome.:lol: the internet is alive and well.

We’ll never agree on this, dark souls or devil my cry, but you’re still alright in my book bobo.:)

I’ve had several back and forths about the Witcher 3 already and have depleted my stamina bar so I can’t continue. I’ll just agree to disagree and retire my Witcher 3 discussing.

I’ll just reiterate that I’m looking forward to playing 2077 and fully expect CDPR to improve on thier previous efforts. However good or bad people believe they were.

There's definitely some hyperbole here, but it's not coming from Bobo this time.

Not that he doesn't get hyperbolic sometimes, but he's actually been pretty level by his standards. :)

Combat? ROTFL
If you wanted a combat simulator, TW3 was never trying to be that. Besides where are criticisms there is no tetris puzzle in TW3 and Candy Crush is horrible in it?

There is a card game in it.

Supposedly, the hero is a master swordsman, living off killing things. Combat implementation is not neglectable, except for agenda driven people.

“ fair enough” but I totally disagree and believe you’re being hyperbolic, awesome.:lol: the internet is alive and well.

We’ll never agree on this, dark souls or devil my cry, but you’re still alright in my book bobo.:)

I’ve had several back and forths about the Witcher 3 already and have depleted my stamina bar so I can’t continue. I’ll just agree to disagree and retire my Witcher 3 discussing.

I’ll just reiterate that I’m looking forward to playing 2077 and fully expect CDPR to improve on thier previous efforts. However good or bad people believe they were.

Eh? Thought it was pretty obvious I wasn't really talking about you.

There's definitely some hyperbole here, but it's not coming from Bobo this time.

Not that he doesn't get hyperbolic sometimes, but he's actually been pretty level by his standards.

Why, t-thank you! :)

Back
Top Bottom