Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
That Crappy Anthem Game Is Getting An Overhaul Focusing On Actual Gameplay

Mass Effect Lead Writer Speaks Out

DISCO ELYSIUM - Soundtrack by British Sea Power

Archetype Entertainment - A Message from Drew Karpyshyn - Blog
Wow. It’s been a loooong time since I updated this page. The past couple years have been busy for me; I worked on a number of different projects. Some, like the Odyssey of the Dragonlords RPG campaign, were wildly successful. Other projects, like my work as a writer for the interactive narrative mobile app Storyscape, didn’t pan out.

Unfortunately, Storyscape was cancelled after only a year. I was lucky enough to have my series – Edge of Extinction – get published before the app went dark, but it sucks knowing it’s gone now. A lot of talented people were involved in my project and the other Storyscape titles (Titanic, X-Files, Life 2.0, Eternal City), and I thought we had something with real potential. But sometimes the video game industry is a harsh and unforgiving environment. (Maybe that’s what inspired me to write Edge of Extinction?) If you want to get a sense of what we were doing and how it resonated with fans you can check out the Storyscape Reddit… but it might make you long for what was lost.

Gamedec OST - Opening Menu Music

Thanks to our community, we've reached the 17k tier on our Steam Wishlist Challenge and as a token of gratitude, we want to show you a glimpse of the style we want our OST to go. Wondering what's going to be the next tier unlock?
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord AI Melee Combat Overhaul - Steam

After a short hiatus with the developer blogs, we are back today with another one to discuss an overhaul to individual melee combat AI that was recently introduced to the game, including the ongoing multiplayer beta!
Operencia: The Stolen Sun Coming to PS4, Switch, Steam&GOG

Operencia: The Stolen Sun, our critically acclaimed RPG for Xbox One (part of Xbox Game Pass) and Epic Games store, makes its way to Steam, GOG, Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 on March 31! It’s the same great game — with a few new surprises.
Battle Brothers Developer Blog #126 - Blog
After last week’s introduction of a new opponent to get crushed by, this week is about a new building found only in the southern city states, new alchemical contraptions coming with the ‘Blazing Deserts’ DLC, as well as changes to existing potions. There’s a lot to cover, so let’s start!

State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition Announced - Steam

Announcing State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition! This is the highest quality and most expansive version yet, that takes everything you love about State of Decay 2 and adds tons of new content and improvements for veteran and new players alike.
Starpoint Gemini 3 March Updates Preview - Steam
Greetings captains!

It is high time to give a glimpse into what's coming next for Starpoint Gemini 3.

During March, we aim to enter the beta stage of production. As before, this doesn't mean we're shutting down all feature additions, but including new additions to the feature list will be limited in scope. So here's a little snippet…

I think you don't understand secrets. That's not how they work!

Matt Chat 441: Annie VanderMeer on NWN and Alpha Protocol

Encased Narrative Under the Dome - Development Update

Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Tyrannosaurus Free Update

ACG his list of promising games of 2020. I post it here as it seems to include mostly RPGs, and ACG is the best youtube reviewer I know atm.

- Seeing old footage from Vampire the Masquerade upped my anticipation. I have played it so long ago I can't remember which one I played: Redemption or Bloodlines. Maybe I missed the best one from the series (must check this).

- Somewhat related to joxer's most anticipated game, Streamer Daily, there is also Man Eater where you roleplay as a shark in a real RPG.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/629820/Maneater/

Can't help wondering how they will implement the RPG aspects. Dialogue options anyone? Stats system?

- And then there is Elden Ring which was not on my radar until mentioned on the watch a couple of weeks ago.

Lead Designer David Rogers is here to walk you through some of the most critical elements of character creation, and how to best approach building your party for combat—along with some tips and tricks directly from the dev team.
In this third segment, the great Winston Douglas Wood chats about the final Phantasie games. We chat about some of the more intriguing mechanics such as limb loss and parents for your characters. We also talk about the development of Phantasie IV in Japan and why it wasn't released in the US. Finally, we chat about Star Command and its relationship (or lack thereof) to SSI's other SF games such as Buck Rogers.

A reminder that The Elder Scrolls 6 is very far away - Polygon
You’re not alone in wondering when this is all going to be over — the wait for more information on The Elder Scrolls 6, that is. It was announced nearly two years ago, but very little about it has been revealed. Well, I suggest settling in for a long and patient wait, because we’re not going to hear anything about the follow-up to Skyrim for a good long while, according to Bethesda.

That probably comes as little surprise, but with the goal of setting expectations — so important right now — Bethesda senior VP of marketing and communications Pete Hines said on Twitter over the weekend that fans should probably expect The Elder Scrolls 6 details “years from now.”

Responding to a fan who asked for details on TES6, Hines said, “It’s after Starfield, which you pretty much know nothing about. So if you’re coming at me for details now and not years from now, I’m failing to properly manage your expectations.”

Kingdom Come Deliverance Q&A's

Path of Exile - Tentative Expansion Release Date - Announcement
It is very important to us that we release a high-quality expansion in June, and we will take the time to do this if we feel that we need an additional week or two. While we tried hard to achieve this within our regular 13 week schedule, development certainly has not been business-as-usual over the last few months.

We are currently planning to announce the 3.11 expansion on June 2 at 2pm (PDT), roughly two weeks from now. This means that we're working toward a launch date of June 19 for PC and June 24 for console. However, it's extremely important to note that more so than any past expansion, it's very possible this launch will be further delayed.
Path of Exile Developer Interview - In-house interview
What was the moment that got you hooked on the game?

I think for me it was a combination of two things.

First was definitely the theorycrafting. I've probably spent as much or more time using offline skill tree planners and the wiki as I have actually playing the game. Before Path of Building (thanks OpenARL!) I would be in class writing down numbers from the wiki and the offline skill tree and doing manual arithmetic on paper to estimate the total DPS of some build idea. I'd spend hours on this stuff, sometimes being unable to go to sleep until I planned out a build idea floating around in my head.

Second was probably the community. I've been checking the Path of Exile reddit multiple times daily for about the last seven years. I just absolutely love the builds people come up with and learning more about the game through others. Plus those few weeks leading up to a league launch are always pretty magical. The hype train is infectious.
New RPG From InXile Will Run on Unreal Engine 5 - Gamepressure
It hasn't been long since we were presented with a new version of Epic Games' engine and a few days ago we also got the announcement of the first game that will use this technology. Now we know that InXile Entertainment is also joining the group of its users, announcing on Twitter that their next game will be created using Unreal Engine 5.

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen May 2020 Producer’s Letter - Newsletter
Greetings Pantheon fans,

Looking back at this month, I couldn’t believe how close we are to completing this milestone. It quickly became obvious which topics this month’s Producer’s Letter would include. The easiest way to get everything in is by simply going through the list of what the team’s been up to. Let’s get started!
The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor - Kyne’s Aegis Preview - Bethesda
Kyne’s Aegis calls for aid! Secure Skyrim’s first line of defense in this new 12-player Trial coming with The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor.

Once a prosperous fishing and mining village, Kyne’s Aegis is besieged. Swarming from massive longboats and led by a powerful vampire lord, an army of Sea Giants, Half-Giants, and vampires have broken through the island’s meager barricades and now threaten to wipe out its few remaining defenders
Battle Brothers Developer Blog #137 - The Hyena
While Direwolves, Webknechts und Schrats dwell deep in dark forests of the north, the upcoming southern deserts have entirely different beastly inhabitants. We’ve already learned about the Ifrit, intended mostly as an opponent for well-established companies. This week is about a new beastly opponent for you to face in the early and mid game: The Hyena. Let’s take a look!
The Outer Worlds Nintendo Switch Pre-orders Open - Nintendo’s eShop
The Outer Worlds is a new single-player sci-fi RPG from Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division.

Lost in transit while on a colonist ship bound for the furthest edge of the galaxy, you awake decades later than you expected only to find yourself in the midst of a deep conspiracy threatening to destroy the Halcyon colony.

As you explore the furthest reaches of space and encounter a host of factions all vying for power, who you decide to become will determine the fate of everyone in Halcyon.

In the corporate equation for the colony, you are the unplanned variable.

New RPG From InXile Will Run on Unreal Engine 5 - Gamepressure

I think they get a bit overexcited reporting on Unreal Engine 5. I'd be quite surprised if these games are using that new tech demo stuff. Essentially they just mean they're using Unreal engine - the version bump is mainly a marketing thing, and a few new advanced features.

Game Informer Wasteland 3 New Gameplay

Leo plays while Ben Reeves and Dan Tack talk everything new coming to Wasteland 3 and what makes the series special.
Stirring Abyss Story Trailer - Coming Soon

Arx Fatalis updated for Arkane Studios 20th Anniversary - Arkane 20th
Become an Arkane Outsider today + sign up for emails, and you'll get: A free copy of our very first game, Arx Fatalis and The Art of Arkane, an exclusive digital art book: http://bethesda.net/hub/arkane20
Bethesda published an article about Arx Fatalis'legacy.

Age of Wonders: Planetfall Invasions Expansion Available - Steam and GOG

Greetings, commanders!

The time has finally come: the Invasions Expansion is here! The new player race, the Shakarn, and the new Voidbringer Invasions mechanic, among many other additions, await you! Alongside the expansion we also released a free update that is available for everyone; the Diplodocus Update! The name might already reveal some of the focus. Check below for all the details on expansion features and free updates.

To add to that: Age of Wonders: Planetfall has landed on Mac! Our team has been hard at work over the past few months getting this version up and running. Mac Commanders will be able to join up with PC Commanders to fight for planetary domination. Check the store page for more information and system requirements.
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Update #52: Alpha Test Extended - Update
Dear Pathfinders!

We’re all so excited for the release of Wrath of the Righteous, it’s no wonder that so many of you decided to participate in the alpha test, to be among the first crusaders to experience the new game. Thanks to your help, we’re getting a ton of invaluable feedback: we have already planned some changes for the game using the information we got from you, and we’ll be posting a separate update about that soon. But today we have another piece of great news that we want to share with you!

Our alpha testers have been asking us to make the testing period longer so they can play a little bit more. We also know that there are still some people who would like to participate in the alpha, even though the test is about to end. Well, we’ve heard you! So we’ve decided to extend the alpha test – the current version will be available on Steam for the next two months at least.

We will soon stop collecting feedback for the current alpha version, but all the alpha testers and those who decide to jump into the Alpha Early Access now can still play the available version and take part in the second stage of testing, which will take place by the end of the summer. The next alpha version will contain some new content and we will be happy to hear your thoughts on it through a new series of surveys.

The crusade goes on!​
Gamedec Update #32 - New Screenshots & Pledge Manager
Hi there! Last weeks were extremely busy with setting up the Pledge Manager (You can read about this HERE) and our entry to the Indie Celebration Showcase (link). Right now we are focusing on cooking the beta-test build of the game, and on other activities which we will announce shortly. There's a lot to do, but we are not stopping!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom