Underrail - Demo Alpha Release

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The demo of the alpha version of Underrail can now be downloaded as part of an alpha funded campaign. This means you have to pay for it and in doing so provide funds for the developer, which is an alternative to Kickstarter as explained by himself:
I've hinted earlier that I'm considering alpha funding for Underrail and now I've officially made up my mind. I originally planned on launching a crowd-funding campaign but that turned out to have too many limitations based on where I was located, so I decided alpha funding is a better option.
The game will be available for purchase in its alpha stage on a couple of digital distribution websites, and who ever purchases alpha version will, of course, receive the final game at no additional cost when it's done. Also, I plan on releasing regular content updates throughout the game's development.
With this being in this alpha version:
If you want to know what's new in this release (since the demo) you can go check out the dev log posts from the last couple of months, but let me just quickly recap the highlights:
  • Huge new urban zone consisting of 8 areas
  • Big new 'dungeon' consisting of 6 areas (twice as much as the last one)
  • A couple of 'mini-dungeons'
  • New quests
  • New feats
  • Traps skill
  • Some updated game mechanics
  • Re-balanced economy
  • Food
  • More weapons and armors
  • Updated crossbows (feats, special bolts, damage boost)
  • Various other smaller stuff
The game is also Greenlighted on Steam.
More information.

It's too bad that "old school" still means grid squares. I'd like to see more old school computer games that use old school wargaming hex grids. It's much more realistic. :)

When you say the game is "green-lighted" on Steam, it sounds like you're saying it's been approved for distribution, rather than just up for voting.

Back
Top Bottom