Dead State - Update # 15, Update # 16, 300K Goal Reached

aries100

SasqWatch
We've missed the last updates for Dead State, so they are here. Update # 15 covers this:
Link to the update: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/70755535/dead-state-the-zombie-survival-rpg/posts/260381
The quote:
With 24 hours left, there’s a few things we can do to help reach $300k and beyond. A lot of that is going to depend on reaching new backers and reminding people that this is their last chance to pledge or upgrade their pledge.
As you can from their pledged data, they are a bit above the 300K mark now.
Probably because of update # 16 - link:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/70755535/dead-state-the-zombie-survival-rpg/posts/260690

The quote:
In fact, we're so close to both the City and animal stretch goals that if 2000 backers at the $15 level upgraded to the $30 tier (which includes the Radio content) then we would nearly have enough for animals, which would most likely still make it from new backers. The game, the Radio content, a soundtrack (or ally pack) AND expanded content for $30? If you're thinking about upgrading, time is running out!
More information.

Funded at $330,000+. Amazing.

Cool! Can't wait to play this. I'm hoping that they'll make faster progress now that they can devote themselves full time and hire more people.

I just hope the developer can deliver on his promises.

…and in a timely manner.

Isn't Iron Tower Studios somehow involved in this? Hopefully this team works faster than the Age of Decadence team. That game has been in development for frickin 8+ years now.

…and in a timely manner.

Isn't Iron Tower Studios somehow involved in this? Hopefully this team works faster than the Age of Decadence team. That game has been in development for frickin 8+ years now.

I think they are using the same engine.

…and in a timely manner.

They have a budget now.

I wonder who were those three last minute $5000 backers.

Animals are 30k, not a bad idea to fund a feature that would increase the volume sales. 15k can be recouped.

In all cases, very good this project did it up to the second to last stretch.

They are given what they wanted to deliver on the vision they publicized. The last stretch goal was supposed to be an expansion anyway and would have come after developpment of the main game. Can come as a DLC.

…and in a timely manner.

I believe Oscar is the lead artist on both games, and Nick is the lead programmer on both. And, yes, they both use the same engine. There may be other commonalities I'm unaware of.

I believe Oscar is the lead artist on both games, and Nick is the lead programmer on both. And, yes, they both use the same engine. There may be other commonalities I'm unaware of.

Ivan the animator and Mazin the Portrait / GUI Artist on AoD are also part of the Dead State team.
An overview of the current team is here::
http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,2661.0.html

What one has to understand about AoD is that it was entirely developed in the free time of these people, they all held day jobs (or were students, initially). Also it was very much a "learning the ropes" project, none of them were professionals before starting AoD.

Now for the first time Nick and Oscar and several other people will be able to go full time and get paid for their work. It's a different situation altogether. Of course, delays can always happen - brace yourselves.

I knew Ghan would help me out with some better info and context. Thanks. :)

Thanks for the info, Ghan. I wasn't trying to sound negative btw. I'm actually really looking forward to Dead State.

The difference between this and AoD...is that this has a much higher public image, mostly brought about by being on Kickstarter. An 8 year development will not go over well at all.

That being said, they do seem to have a very focused goal of where they are going. So my hopes are up.

Back
Top Bottom