Gothic 2 G2 and XP 64?

Is this a trick by Corwin? when I press vote on the poll I am taken to this thread!!!!

G3 with 1.12 patch plays rather crappy on Vista Ultimate 64. Noticeably slower and stutters/freezes quite a bit. Oddly enough the same has now happened to my XP 32bit install of G3 since i installed the 1.6 community patch. It is not as bad as Vista, but it does freeze, especially when first starting the game or after a reload.

System specs: XFX nForce 680i LT SLI, Q6600 running @ 3.1ghz, 4gb PC6400, XFX dual 8800gt's with 97 cores(don't think these are publicly available yet....essentially 9800's) 65gb solid state boot drive(got a 128gb here but have been too lazy to install/test it yet lol. I need to RAID these puppies) 4 500gb sata 7200rpm HDD's(various manufacturers), POS blu-ray burner<------god i hate this POS!, 20x Plextor DVD burner<----- <3 Thermaltake Kandalf LCS case, which is large enough to house a family of 4. I'm only watercooling the CPU and vid cards ATM, and with mobo temps below 32C and drives about 34C i don't see the point in cooling anything else.

The point of listing the system specs.......the slow downs/stuttering/freezing is NOT because of a weak system lol. Plays the same with a single XFX 8600gt.......go figure. So much for the 8800 hype.

Whatever licensing crap MS comes up with is already moot. You can get a cracked copy easily online.

@Uriziel How the hell do you get such a system? Do you work at a computer store? Specialy those solid state boot drive you have, is quite amazing.
Btw, don't you mean that you have either an 8800GTS on a 92 core or the new 9600GT? The latest are strangely enough only bad for the texture fill rate if you believe nvidia's site.

I test stuff for a living long before it is public. I know I know, shitty job but I need the money :D

The vid cards are basically 9800gt's. The 9800's have a dif cooling system. Don't sweat the solid state drive coz everyone will have them in a year or two and they are sweet.

I find it amusing that Anand is just now starting to test 9600's =)) or at least just recently can talk about it. We started testing the 97 cores months ago and the performance is staggering compared to the 92 cores. If nVidia vendors didn't have such a stockpile of the old stuff ATI would be truly and utterly fooked for at least two years. The 92 core was a huge leap and the 97 core is another quantum leap. (subtle hint: a single 97 core card trounces the latest 3870 crossfire setup by such an insane margin it is pitiful.....imagine SLI) But that is all really a moot point since most games can't really stress either core or the latest ATI crap. If you are wanting to upgrade and see some real performance ingame, get a solid state drive ;)

BTW the comp stats are my personal home system, which is weak compared to the stuff I work on. The new frontside busless stuff is ungodly. Wait about upgrading until late this year when it is public ;)

Oops, small edit: The 97 core cards I'm testing in my system are essentially 9800's but with DDR3 instead of DDR4. My sh!thead boss took the DDR4 versions to test in his system :-<

Last edited:
Sorry, I hate to bump an old thread, but making a new post would lose context.

Because of family problems I had taken an indefinite leave of absence from work in March, and only occasionally even had contact with them. However today Chris gave me a call asking me to continue testing the GT cored cards I had worked on before. Now granted, I am getting old and a lil insane and even have heard of the Nvidia GT cores since leaving.........but I ain't never tested them, and told Chris I had no test data on them. He simply laughed, which kinda pissed me off to be honest. Anywho, long story short, the dipwads had lied to me. I guess I should take a step back for a second....

When I was testing the "97" cores, the fookers had lied to me.....they were what is now known in public releases as the GT200. And DAM they were sneaky! They had me start the test on what is now in a 9800 and we got tons of data...impressive data. Then Chris et. al. had me hold off a day or two while they tweaked some things. BS! the tweak was changing to the GT200 cores. And I know they laughed their asses off when I came back with MUCH better performance data, and congratulated them on what I thought were code tweaks. I'ma gonna kill'm!

Because of my sudden departure, they never got a chance to expose their lil joke and rub my face in it. Anyway, the call was to ask me to help test some very new stuff, and I believe Chris after bitching him out. I had to refuse the testing offer because of my family, but he claimed it was to test a 8 cored(dual quad core GPUs) card built on 45nm process....of the GT200 chip. The 45nm process would allow quad cores where there is now one.....and it should run cooler. The test card is dual GPU's equaling 8 cores. A second test card is a single quad core, which I assume is Nvidia's counter punch to dual ATI 4850x2 in crossfire config.

My guess is if that dual quad GT200 ever sees the public light of day, it will take prolly 250-275 watts just to power the dam vid cards :O On a 65nm process it would take.........OMFG wattage!

Back
Top Bottom