Sikanda [Action Adventure/RPG]

Stefan

Traveler
Sikanda_Logo_Standard.png

Hello RPGWatch community,

I'm a game developer from Graz, Austria, and the owner of a small indie game studio called "Dyadic Games". I want to show you our first game, SIKANDA. We recently pitched it to Square Enix Collective and right now we are waiting for their response. The trailer you find below was made for the purpose of the pitch, but also to share our current state of development to a wider audience. The game was initiated and pushed forward by myself and supported by a small group of awesome freelancers and volunteers. I'm personally a huge fan of "Zelda - A Link to the Past" and from a game developer perspective I consider it as one of the best games ever made (of course, other people may see it differently). Also, the "Final Fantasy" games of the 90s and games like "Xenoblade" had a huge impact on me on how to tell stories and write cutscenes. Let me know what you think about the trailer and what you would expect from the game.

I'll try to update this thread on a regular basis. If you want to ask questions or discuss the game in a more realtime manner, you can also join our Discord server:

https://discord.me/dyadicgames

It's brand new and a bit empty, but you can help to make it more crowded ;)

About Sikanda

Sikanda is a 3D top-down Action-Adventure with RPG elements, inspired by famous Japanese SNES classics of the 90s. The game takes place on a floating island and tells the story of a young hero who incidentially found an ancient pendant named "Sikanda". Throughout the adventure, the hero acquires several skills for "Sikanda" to transform it into powerful weapons and tools. All of them are invaluable instruments in order to fight their way through dungeons and encountering fierce enemies. As the very existence of the island gets threatened by a group of sinister strangers, the hero not only will have to accept that "Sikanda" is the only way to stop them but also that there is a connection between the mysterious island, the ancient relic and the hero's own fate…

Trailer

Last edited:
Sikanda_Lead_Image.jpg

UPDATE:
Sikanda will be featured on Square Enix Collective from July 23rd for 28 days. This campaign will overlap with our planned Kickstarter that will run from August 14th. I will keep you up to date and post a link as soon as the campaign is running. Please let me know what you think of the project and if you could imagine to support it.

Any chance PC audience get to see that game under their paws?
I understand it's easier to go switch for indies today, but still, have to ask.

Back
Top Bottom