Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Site Countdown

It truly degrades this site.

Not all of us are crack whores.

This is crpg news and this is a crpg news site, the only thing degraded is people's opinion on your reasoning skills. This crpg news site not reporting on crpg news would truly degrade this site, not the opposite.

This crpg news site not reporting on crpg news would truly degrade this site, not the opposite.

Let me help you with your desire for completeness and introduce you to Google Alerts.

You'll never have to return to this incomplete site again.

I'm recalling the NWN2 timer for the toolset. It was set available for the end of the month and that day was on a Sunday.

When the timer finally finished it didn't link anywhere and the internet exploded. Someone managed to track someone down at Obsidian but then they couldn't get ahold of the server provider because, well, it was a Sunday and they were overseas.

The Euopean version managed to get distributed however and we quicky learned what a dud the new toolset was after that, not to mention the Z axis control was removed.

Google alerts. Nice.

Of course that requires you to know what news to search for, and has no community.

So the value of this site is not predicated on completeness?

Glad to see we are in agreement.

Heh, I didn't even realize it was an announcement for an announcement. I thought it was being released , and those questions about price and a release date were supposed to be links. I kept tapping on them, but nothing happened. See, Zzajin? I need people around here to explain things for me. :p

Heh, I didn't even realize it was an announcement for an announcement. I thought it was being released , and those questions about price and a release date were supposed to be links. I kept tapping on them, but nothing happened. See, Zzajin? I need people around here to explain things for me. :p

Diablo has trained you well. :p

Those screen shots look very nice. My memory must be fading though because I'd swear that some or all of them are from BG2, not the first one.

screen01.jpg

screen02.jpg

screen03.jpg

screen06.jpg

screen05.jpg

screen04.jpg

Didn't see any screens.of dialogue. Hope they didn't make the.text.tiny when.they went widescreen. Just picked up Shogun 2 in the big Steam sale for a.decent.price. (Good game, by the way if you like the Total War.vibe.) I still wouldn't have bought it if some kind soul hadn't finally made a mod for bigger text. Man, they made it tiny in the vanilla game.

Speaking.of Steam, anyone heard distribution details? As I recall, they were going to offer some unspecified method after release, if.you don't want their client. A Steam key would be.nice, in my opinion.

Nice release date, 1 day after my B-day. Well guess who will receive this as a gift?:biggrin:

Also, the screens look really nice. Can't wait to finally play these games from start to finish.

Interesting - I've got a reasonable memory of BG1's locations but I only recognise two of those screens (second one down is the child priestess of Umberlee outside the city, the fourth one down looks like either Ulcaster ruins or the final area outside the Bhaal temple). I guess there are a few new areas to go with the quests/NPCs.

Agree it looks nice and nostalgia is really starting to take hold. The one thing which might make me pause is to wait until they release BG2 Enhanced as well, so I can run my character through the lot.

Those screen shots look very nice. My memory must be fading though because I'd swear that some or all of them are from BG2, not the first one.

I'm pretty sure the 2nd pic is from BG2. I don't recognize most of those locations from either game though. That leads me to believe they're from the new content areas.

*Edit* @coaster- Yes, the 4th pic is definitely the School of Ulcaster. The above-ground area, not the ruins. I thought the 2nd pic was from the Umar Hills area of BG2, but I guess that wouldn't make much sense.

Looks very good overall, but does the view seem zoomed out a bit? The character sprites seem a little smaller than they should. Hopefully that was just done for the purpose of taking the screenshots.

Last edited:
The Black Pits is one of the enhancements that make up Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition that allows you to create a full party and battle through fifteen hellish battles in a desperate bid to escape. Difficult challenges, unique battles, and a bizarre cast of characters await you within the Underdark!
• A stand-alone adventure set deep within the Underdark
• Fifteen levels of arena-style combat challenges
• Full control and customization of up to six party members
• Over 6 hours of additional gameplay

The Black Pits are your new home… enjoy your stay while you can!

Pfft. Less interested now. I want additional content for the main game, not some stand alone thing.

Agreed the stand alone part is quite uninteresting. The rest adds to the game however:

"Rasaad is a Calishite Monk demonstrating his monastic arts to the people of Nashkel. His quest ultimately leads into the highest reaches of the Cloud Peaks, where he must face an unexpected nemesis. Add him to your Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition experience to unleash the Monk's extraordinary power.

Rasaad adds the following Enhancements to Baldur's Gate:
• The Monk Rasaad yn Bashir, a new NPC to join your party
• A new playable adventure
• New area: the Cloud Peaks

Rasaad's adventure through the never seen before Cloud Peaks adds up to four hours of additional gameplay.s"

"Neera is a half-elf wild mage slowly coming to terms with her enormous magical potential. Add her to your Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition experience and ignite your wild side.

Neera adds the following Enhancements to Baldur's Gate:
• The Wild Mage Neera, a new NPC to join your party
• An engaging romantic adventure
• Up to four hours of additional gameplay
• New area: a secluded hideaway northeast of Durlag's Tower

This half-elf wild mage finds both delight and terror in her capricious magic while fleeing both her past mistakes and the merciless Red Wizards of Thay."

"Dorn is a half-orc Blackguard whose otherworldly patron grants him terrible powers in the form of his black sword and unholy spells. Add him to your Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and inflict evil to the last corpse.

Dorn adds the following Enhancments to Baldur's Gate:
• The Blackguard Dorn II-Khan, a new NPC to join your party
• Up to four hours of additional gameplay
• The Blackguard kit to create your own champion of evil

Betrayed by his former companions, the half-orc Dorn Il-Khan lusts for revenge and glory in equal measure."

Looks very good overall, but does the view seem zoomed out a bit? The character sprites seem a little smaller than they should. Hopefully that was just done for the purpose of taking the screenshots.

That's probably the result of higher resolution. At least that's how it becomes with the widescreen mod.

Pfft. Less interested now. I want additional content for the main game, not some stand alone thing.

If that's all the additional content, I'll be disappointed, although I would imaging that the modding community could make good use of them.

That's probably the result of higher resolution. At least that's how it becomes with the widescreen mod.

This is my concern - they just widescreen it without scaling up items in the GUI and the sprints and scenery. I never liked the widescreen mods on my laptop - too hard to see small things and use the GUI.

Back
Top Bottom