Project Eternity: What type of romance do you want?

I never understood why people hated the witcher 1 cards…I thought it was a fun concept. Why does everything has to be deadly serious :)

Hated? You nuts?
I replayed the game just to be 100% sure I got them all in the first run. And then they removed cards from TW2, I was furious!

Um... But the topic is about romances, not cards, eh?

Well, there's a reason it isn't in most of their games. They suck at it. ;)

Yeah… that must be it.

Well it must be since it goes like this. I love you and you wear an amulet lets get married. You can tell they put allot work into it. Just like someone said in an earlier post most of the designers don't have a clue what romance or love is.

You can tell they put allot work into it.

Just like someone said in an earlier post most of the designers don't have a clue what romance or love is.

Or... maybe they they simply realize most of their fans couldn't care less if that sort of thing was present in their games. :)

Or… maybe they they simply realize most of their fans couldn't care less if that sort of thing was present in their games. :)

Keep telling yourself that. Bioware makes a living off of that type of fan so its it is profitable. :p Bethesda fans are those who hate story and dialog. They just want to rp and explore.

I don't have to hate story and dialogue to appreciate other things more, actually.

But I think Skyrim did well in terms of story and dialogue. People claim Morrowind did as well, though I don't really remember.

I have my own definition of the word "romance". And I try to work it out in my own short stories I'm writing.

That said I wouldn't dare to believe that they could meet my own definition of "romance".

I believe that perhaps every single person has an own, different definition of "romance".

What I absolutely LOVE in games, that's banter. ;)

I´ve not experienced the following scenario myself, but I think that nothing quite compares to having your party buffed to the teeth and just about to enter the Throne of Bhaal to end it once and for all, when suddenly Aerie decides to give a birth (which then leads to fighting Melissan and co. with a child in your inventory) :).

She gives birth? Never had it go that far when I was putting my move on her. I remember her being preggo, I thought the birth happened in the end game credits.

Thats another good question. Why is the "end goal" of most game romances the sexy times. I've met plenty of girls for which sex was more of an ice breaker than a later goal. You want "realism", then give me some easy companions. Better yet, make them not at all interested in pursuing an actual relationship!

Well if we are going for realism, we'd have to make all the female NPC's bat shit crazy! :biggrin:

I don't have to hate story and dialogue to appreciate other things more, actually.

But I think Skyrim did well in terms of story and dialogue. People claim Morrowind did as well, though I don't really remember.

Morrowind had a story?

I have yet to find a single game, from Wasteland to Treasures of the Savage Frontier to Baldur's Gate 2 to Dragon Age: Origins, that had anything resembling tolerable romance options. BG2 was probably the best though, of what I've played.

"Give expensive crap to some emo chick so she'll like you" is not romance.

So just leave it out entirely.

I don't know, that's pretty much how I got my first girlfriend.

I just want a plausible and well-written romance based on an actual understanding of psychology and human interaction (assuming it's between humans).

I have yet to find a single game, from Wasteland to Treasures of the Savage Frontier to Baldur's Gate 2 to Dragon Age: Origins, that had anything resembling tolerable romance options. BG2 was probably the best though, of what I've played.

Perhaps this is because male developers dominate the game development teams and so everything is written from/for their perspective ?

Perhaps this is because male developers dominate the game development teams and so everything is written from/for their perspective ?

Isn't one of the main writers for Bioware a female?

Back
Top Bottom