RPGWatch - Saga Heroes Short Q&A

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Saga Heroes is another game on Kickstater this month looking to get funded. The developer is called Wasatch Games, and they are asking for $10,000. I had the chance to talk to the Stuidio Head Eric Wiggin, and ask a few questions.

RPGWatch: What sets your game apart from others in the genre, and why should people back your game?

Wasatch Games: I'm not even sure which genre to categorize Saga Heroes in exactly. It's got some elements from the Diablo style, traditional ARPG, but is actually closer to the old action/adventure games on the SNES. In fact, I would call it a successor to those games. When attempting to recreate the nostalgia of that era, most games tend to be 2D pixel games and try to stick to the mold. A lot of them also seem, mostly on mobile, to lack the care and attention-to-detail that those old games had, mostly due to budget constraints, or they spend their time on adding more features, which I feel bloat the game, only giving you the illusion of depth. We are trying to keep the game simple at its core, adding modern features like a skill-tree, achievements, and user-friendly UI.

Also, I am not a fan of quest-grinding or handholding, and there will be none of that in Saga Heroes. Instead of accepting quests without, reading them, our game will require you to talk to NPCs and most of them will state a concern and you'll get a journal entry update. This is a much more immersive experience, and requires you to read a little more, but not too much. We don't want to focus on dialogue for the people who don't want to read a lot. What we really want to focus on is gameplay, immersion, and story-telling.
More information.

@Admins
Don't you think it's time for a new poll?
I am sick of watching "Do you Kickstart?" for what,9 months now?

Here's your poll:

No more Kickstarter Info: 1 vote from a guy named J.

We want Kickstarter Info:
Rest of the Watch ...

I am with Japol that poll has been for way too long but I don't think it's thread for it.

On topic:Game doesn't look interesting from gameplay standpoint, and I am skeptical about phone and OUYA games so I will skip it and maybe check if it's good after release.

Oh - I thought Japol wanted to critisize this thread - sorry!

@Admins
Don't you think it's time for a new poll?
I am sick of watching "Do you Kickstart?" for what,9 months now?

Update: Thanks Myrthos.;) So please refrain from anymore off-topic posts.

Last edited:
I guess it is time to take a look at that…

Edit: Done!

Last edited:
I guess it is time to take a look at that…

Edit: Done!

Thanks for the quick response Myrthos!
That poll had been imprinted in my retina!
Also,sorry for the offtopic.
:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom