The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

It is the game stopping lag I see. I will be hitting stuff, nothing is happening, all npc's and player toons are basically running in place or just stopped. Like a freeze-frame. Happens with crowds. I can overlook the lag, could be strictly game related, but I see same thing in other games. Not as bad but same issue.

edit: I do have a 12 or 13 or both. lol

I don't think it's the connection. First off, latency of 50-60 is pretty good these days (ah for the days of yore, when I hit 20-30 on AS retrieval matches!). Second off, Skype seems to have no issues. I don't believe it is internet related at all.

Have you checked task manager, to see what the CPU usage is when DDO is active? Run DDO in windowed mode, there will be a small graph-like icon on the bottom right of the task bar. You can hover over it and get a percentage.

*Edit* Mine peaked about 27%.

Since Corwin has been out, we'll just blame him.

Last edited:
Rather than spend money on diags, get Reywind to do one for you via a free prog called team viewer. Email or Skype him and I'm sure he'd help.

Thanks to a team brain storm, I can currently run the game. CPU usage is still spiking to 50% but Reywind did give me some suggestions, as did a few of our tech pros to get game playable, fix one certain issue and buy some time til I can get new hardware for a permanent fix.

I'm home again, so also plan accordingly!! :p :)

So your inventory is already full?

Note that my schedule may change, especially since the machine that's blew up three times this year has blown up once more. We had a spare motor, but it happened late enough that they probably won't have it calibrated and have found how off all the offsets are until today. I feel bad for the second shift guy, because he likely had nothing to do.

If we're all there but short timing, I'd think we'd finish off the last 2 quests of Eveningstar1. After that, we can figure something out. I was surprised to find that everyone's got a 12/13 now, so that might be an option. We've also got the "official" alts, the 7's.

Ok, ship buffs are not giving the right time when you place one and use it at that spot. So if you want to get one that is not auto granted, you have to place it, go up to top deck and use the button, then go back down and place the standard one back in. Buff bar on first lower deck has same issue, not giving right amt of time, so have to use top deck button only. Leave it to turbine.

I was feeling generous, so bought grand reliquary and the banquethall.

Replaced crafting with reliquary as we don't need crafting 24/7. With the three spots open I placed archwizard, abbot, and banquethall.

So, you can bind to the ship now. Spawns you on top deck when you release.

OK, tell me more about these!! :)

I'll leave Bot at 20 until we run Up In the Air or whatever it's called.

-edit
So, I got to thinking. With Bot coming around soon, I'll be meeting my "demand" for having a lower level healer in my stable. My current TR "wishlist" is to bring someone around for a pointy stick build of some sort. That was going to be Shadohe, since that's the only non-Friday toon I've got left. TRing Shadohe leaves me with no epics, though. Granted, I don't care much about epics, but I should probably keep at least one up there since Turbine seems to have abandoned heroic levels. That got me thinking a crazy thought. I had Wouldii filling that healer slot with his 18Fvs/2monk drow shortsword melee build. It seems like it will be a decent build, but it just hasn't been as much fun as I was expecting, particularly since RhoGu is also doing a drow shortsword build. If I don't need Wouldii where he's at, why not use one of those free +20 hearts and do an LR?!? Now, for the problem... LR doesn't allow you to change race. Drow aren't exactly good for fighting roles. I'd be stuck with a dex-build and if I drop dual shortswords I lose about the only benefits out of the drow tree. So what to do that I haven't tried before? Can I make this work? I've been playing with the character planner this morning and the only thing that's caught my eye so far is a quarterstick monk. Not sure about that one. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Remember that Monk Ninja Spy also makes Shortswords a Ki weapon, meaning you could do a centered SS Ninja Spy build. Slip in levels of Fighter for Kensai (you only need 5, since you'll already be centered, though 6 will net another spare feat), maybe 2 levels of Paladin for LoH and Divine Grace (marginal boost to saves unless you have a really high CHA, and maybe being nerfed). Should be fairly durable and decent dps, though you won't win any dps awards.

Sadly, Drow simply do not have good enhancements. If they had gotten Tempest as a racial PrE, I could see investing into that, but as it is, the race isn't worth using.

Strange build. Winter Wolf/Monk, abusing the TWF bug. An alternate is abusing the SWF bug. Another alternative is going regular-ole Wolf, and dropping down to 3 Druid instead of 8, and using the 5 netted levels for Fighter with points in Kensai.

Short of the build is a lot of Dodge, Extended Displacement marks, Shadowfade for defense, a lot of biting and chewing for offense. Part of it abuses bugs though, and I tend to not like building based on those. I'd need to re-order feats for Natural Fighting.

Code:
[u][b]Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.19.02[/b][/u]
[url=http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO]DDO Character Planner Home Page[/url]

Level 28 Lawful Neutral Elf Female
(12 Monk \ 8 Druid \ 8 Epic) 
Hit Points: 382
Spell Points: 483 
BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
Fortitude: 17
Reflex: 15
Will: 18

[B]                  Starting          Feat/Enhancement
Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
[U](34 Point)[/U]       [U](Level 1)[/U]             [U](Level 28)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=silver]Strength             14                    25
Dexterity            16                    19
Constitution         14                    16
Intelligence         10                    12
Wisdom               16                    19
Charisma              8                    10[/COLOR]

[B][U]Tomes Used[/U][/B]
[COLOR=silver]+1 Tome of Strength used at level 3
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 3
+1 Tome of Constitution used at level 3
+1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 3
+1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 3
+1 Tome of Charisma used at level 3
+2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7
[/COLOR]
[B]                  Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                 Base Skills         Modified Skills
[U]Skills[/U]           [U](Level 1)[/U]            [U](Level 28)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=silver]Balance               5                    35
Bluff                -1                     8
Concentration         6                    37
Diplomacy            -1                     8
Disable Device        n/a                   n/a
Haggle               -1                     8
Heal                  7                    35
Hide                  3                    17
Intimidate           -1                     8
Jump                  2                    18
Listen                3                    16
Move Silently         3                    12
Open Lock             n/a                  n/a
Perform              n/a                    n/a
Repair                0                     9
Search                0                    13
Spellcraft            0                     9
Spot                  3                    16
Swim                  n/a                  n/a
Tumble                n/a                  n/a
Use Magic Device      1                    19
[/COLOR]
[B][U]Level 1 (Druid)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Least Dragonmark of Shadow[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Past Life) Past Life: Monk[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 2 (Druid)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Druid Wild Shape) Wild Shape: Wolf[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 3 (Monk)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Past Life: Disciple of the Fist[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Monk Bonus) Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 4 (Monk)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=pink]Ability Raise: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]STR[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Monk Bonus) Stunning Fist[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 5 (Monk)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Monk Path) Path of Harmonious Balance: Fists of Light[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 6 (Druid)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Extend Spell[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 7 (Monk)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 8 (Druid)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 9 (Monk)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Improved Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 10 (Druid)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Druid Wild Shape) Wild Shape: Bear[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 11 (Monk)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Monk Bonus) Power Attack[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 12 (Druid)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Improved Critical: Bludgeoning Weapons[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 13 (Druid)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 14 (Druid)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Druid Wild Shape) Wild Shape: Winter Wolf[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 15 (Monk)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Greater Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 16 (Monk)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 17 (Monk)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 18 (Monk)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Cleave[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 19 (Monk)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 20 (Monk)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Elf - Elven Accuracy (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Elf - Elven Dexterity (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Elf - Phiarlan Dragonmark Focus (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Elf - Phiarlan Dragonmark Focus (Rank 2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Elf - Phiarlan Dragonmark Focus (Rank 3)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Elf - Keen Senses (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Elf - Keen Senses (Rank 2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Elf - Lesser Dragonmark of Shadow (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Elf - Greater Dragonmark of Shadow (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Nature's Warrior (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Instinctive Fighting (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Instinctive Fighting (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Extra Wild Empathy (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Bestial Nature (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Bestial Nature (Rank 2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Bestial Nature (Rank 3)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Flight (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Flight (Rank 2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Flight (Rank 3)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Vengeful Hunter (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Vengeful Hunter (Rank 2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Vengeful Hunter (Rank 3)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Blood Moon Frenzy (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Blood Moon Frenzy (Rank 2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Blood Moon Frenzy (Rank 3)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Action Boost: Double Strike (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Action Boost: Double Strike (Rank 2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Action Boost: Double Strike (Rank 3)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Fight (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Fight (Rank 2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Fight (Rank 3)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Fatal Harrier (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Fatal Harrier (Rank 2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Fatal Harrier (Rank 3)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Nature's Warrior Strength (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Essence of the Shrike (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Essence of the Shrike (Rank 2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Nature's Warrior Strength (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Alpha Strike (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Alpha Strike (Rank 2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Alpha Strike (Rank 3)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Celerity (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Celerity (Rank 2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Celerity (Rank 3)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Nature's Warrior (Drd) - Natural Adept (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Ninja Training (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Ninja Training (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Shadow Veil (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Sneak Attack Training (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Acrobatic (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Acrobatic (Rank 2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Acrobatic (Rank 3)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Sneak Attack Training (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Agility (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Shintao (Mnk) - Bastion of Purity (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Shintao (Mnk) - Protection from Tainted Creatures (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Shintao (Mnk) - Iron Hand (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Shintao (Mnk) - Deft Strikes (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Shintao (Mnk) - Deft Strikes (Rank 2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Shintao (Mnk) - Deft Strikes (Rank 3)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Shintao (Mnk) - Iron Skin (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Shintao (Mnk) - Iron Skin (Rank 2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Shintao (Mnk) - Iron Skin (Rank 3)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]Shintao (Mnk) - Wisdom (Rank 1)[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 21 (Epic)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Epic: Improved Martial Arts[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 22 (Epic)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 23 (Epic)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 24 (Epic)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Great Cleave[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 25 (Epic)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 26 (Epic)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 27 (Epic)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Epic: Blinding Speed[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 28 (Epic)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Mass Frog[/COLOR]

In the end, I wasn't able to take O-Crit, which negatively affects the build. I could swap in 2 levels of Fighter for extra feats, making skill points tighter and losing access to Abundant Step.

As usual, no gear is listed, which explains the low hp total. I'd also be running in Master Earth, netting +3 CON (and a tasty +1 to crit multiplier), which would be 28-56 more hp depending on gear.

*EDIT* Scratch two build ideas. Abundant Step does not work in Wildshape forms, and you can't take Nat Fighting without 9 levels of Druid (which means only 11 Monk). I was thinking it was like the other Fighting style feats, and was not class-dependent.

Last edited:
And the plan for tomorrow is? As in, which group are we playing? Or are we winging it?

BTW, I can confirm that the 3BC Tiller has a hidden green augment slot. Once you fill it, you can see it.

Coupon for 25% off Haunted Halls Adventure Pack

Posted by Tolero at the link at the end of this post:

"Our followers over at Twitter have unlocked a DDO Store code for everyone! Use coupon code D20T4H in the DDO Store to get 25% off the Haunted Halls of Eveningstar Adventure Pack!

This coupon is good through August 1st! Limit 1 per account."

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/446118-Coupon-for-25-off-Haunted-Halls-Adventure-Pack

Also, a reminder I will be out on Friday. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom