RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - First Impressions
View Single Post

September 18th, 2017, 01:28
Didn't see this thread until a few minutes ago - here are some comments:
1. What character did you pick? What do you think of the character creation?
Beast as a warrior and happy i did.
2. What do you think of your first few hours in the game?
I had played a little of the alpha so i knew what to expect; but the voices help a lot and the story is much fuller and well flushed out.
3. What did you like/dislike?
Really well done. Not sure I liked my classes. I have Beast (main char as warrior); ifan as cleric; sibelle as mage and Lhose as archer. Most unhappy with Sibelle and would change her for fane if I start over or play a second time. Also would make Lohse enchanter and ifan archer and fane something and beast cleric.
-
Also playing on tatican mode but not familiar with how the classes will evolove as this my first play so bit concern things might become pretty hard later on - ds was pretty easy entire game 'cept for the lich fight - this is definitly more difficult.
-
Not happy with the ai as enemy can frequently hit me from places I can't hit them (what I mean is that they seem to have significantly greater range for arrows, spells and throwable and can easily throw things over barriers that block myself - this take into account the impact of height so i'm not sure if ai cheats or npc have significantly higher something or other. I go behind a tower to block arrows and they shoot right through it but i can't return fire because it blocks me.

4. How do you think it fares compared to the first D:OS?
Story wise much better and ai is better but i think it is cheating (see above). ds story and writing sucked.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)