RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - RTX 2080 ti specs leaked?
View Single Post

August 21st, 2018, 14:42
Doublepost as it's unrelated to previous one, but related to another of my own in this thread. This:
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Raytracing will need years to appear in games. CDpr would be the first to use it, then Square Enix will adopt it for FF16 on PC just like it happened with hairworks. Other companies don't want to invest in new technologies - EA is shifting to phones where hairworks won't happen in a million years, Activision Blizzard is onto patenting scamming methods and Ubisoft is more interested in gaas than upgrading their engine. Bethesda? I'll just say lol.

As CDpr is already releasing a game for the current GPU generation, I really see no reason to go for 2080ti unless you've jumped on the silly 4K hypewagon, bought 4K blurry 5+ms response videowall instead of 144Hz capable monitor and discovered that everything is either upscaled or a slideshow.
I admit being wrong. Square Enix decided to push it right away and shown it during new Tomb Raider game presentation:
https://wccftech.com/tomb-raider-nvi…gamescom-demo/
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/nvidi…p-with-rtx-on/
Of course it's new tech and of course it can't be polished in no time:
Shadow of the Tomb Raider’s NVIDIA RTX Gamescom Demo Isn’t Great, But Developers Aren’t Worried
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti unable to run Shadow of the Tomb Raider with 60fps at 1080p with RTX On

PCGamesHardware have shared an off-camera video, showing the game running with real-time ray tracing on an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti. Thankfully, a FRAPS overlay was present and we can see that this new GPU can run the game with 30-70fps.
But let me do some happy dance here because being wrong never felt so good. If this is not goodbye to silly outdated turdstations, dunno what is.

Also, have to share a pic from comments there that has too many means to number at the same time, laughed so hard, dropped from my chair:
--
Toka Koka
Last edited by joxer; August 21st, 2018 at 14:53.

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
+1: