RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - Baldur's Gate 3 - Panel from Hell 2
View Single Post

February 18th, 2021, 19:30
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
True but the hype gets to large and the games end up getting spoiled to easily. In the olden days you got an announcement, previews, interviews, and it was released.

I'm fond of how Bethesda announced games like Skyrim and Fallout 4. They used E3, showed a few videos, and it was released a few months later. Perfect combination.

Early Access works completely different.
We have different recollections of the olden days. I remember buying gaming magazines with games in it that didn’t release for a year or 2. I think the difference was back then you had to search for the info and now it’s shoved in your face at every turn. So back then it was very possible to have games seem like they just released out of nowhere and now you have announcements of announcements to tell you they are coming.

I’m not sure about fallout 4 but Skyrim was announced almost a year ahead release.

I personally don’t mind EA. I feel like all games are early access anyway. Even full release games get several patches and an enhanced or definitive edition which is very different from the released version mechanics wise.

Imo.

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)