Pricewatch!

Good old games looks to be having a sale on many THQ Nordic products, Elex is roughly half off, some others less, and a couple at considerable discount.

I get the feeling they already have. :)

The standard edition is $ 30, which already is well worth it in my opinion. I have 100 h in the game with maybe one CTD.

I'm sure they will add to the game in the months to come (mechanics and content-wise), but I'm already having a lot of fun.

Steam Summer Sale is soon, so you should be able to get it then with at least 25 % off.

Is Elex worth playing ? Btw for you european monday is minor american holiday hence all the sites are having weekend sales - well I would say that is why but to be truthful they have weekend sales every weekend.

You can currently buy Elex for $18.75 off greenmangaming; use voucher code BOTR25

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/elex/

The standard edition is $ 30, which already is well worth it in my opinion. I have 100 h in the game with maybe one CTD.

Yeah, I watched a few vids on Youtube and liked what I saw. I'll get it eventually, but I'm not really in the mood for turn-based strategy at the moment.

I'm seeing the Battletech link but now it says its a DLC/Update - so it appears they corrected their mistake.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BATTLETECH-Digital-Deluxe-Content-upgrade/dp/B07CL5DQ6P/

That's not the same page. The previous link is here… https://www.amazon.co.uk/BATTLETECH...0a-21&linkId=970ac3a392ab0761f5303bfa74285e0f

You're right about them correcting their mistake though. :-/

Is Elex worth playing ?

While I probably didn't think so at the time, ELEX may just be my favorite game of 2017. I am not fond of the combat balancing and sometimes felt like I was fighting the game more than the monsters, but it has a certain charm that is exceedingly difficult to find in other modern games.

I'm sure you've heard everybody rave about the exploration, and it is good, but where it shines is how it approaches choices and consequences. And how it will not hold your hand, so your little triumphs actually mean something.

If you play a lot of RPGs, you get used to the questing rhythm and the "rules" of how the world will treat you. In ELEX, the NPCs will lie to you if they think that'll help their goals. And not in a "oh what a twist!" way, you can usually figure it out if it ever occurs to you that they could be lying at all.

Plus the quirky genre mash-up doesn't *quite* work but is still a breath of fresh air.

Elex is a flawed gem. A very flawed gem. Exploration is great, the over-all story (not individual dialog) is great, world building is great, and choices/consequences are great. Graphics are OK once you push the fog back. Everything else is pretty weak.

It's a fine game for folks who really like RPGs and can suffer through having Outlaws urinate on you if you talk to them at the wrong time but less dedicated fans will, I suspect, get too frustrated by all the cut corners.

I wasn't sold on Elex when it first came out, but during that time and through Christmas, I heard nothing but raves from both friends that play games and plenty of folks on this fine forum. I picked it up in January I think, and got a solid three weeks of entertainment out of it. Best game of all time for me? No. A game I enjoyed, will play again, and don't regret buying? Absolutely!

Phatom Brave is $6 over at your favorite bundle (no not humble bundle); reviews seem fairly positive and it appears to have kb/m support but i haven't actually played it.

I played Phantom Brave, it was fun but I found it a bit more difficult than, say, the Disgaea games. You almost need certain builds in Phantom Brave, or you will simply get slaughtered. It is certainly worth six bucks, I'd grab a sequel for that price or even more.

If you have a Twitch Prime membership (it's free with Amazon Prime) you currently can get the following games without having to pay anything:

• The Banner Saga
  • The Banner Saga 2
  • Strafe
  • Tumblestone
  • Treadnauts

I'm not familiar at all with the Amazon Prime service, but getting the Banner Saga games for free is a pretty sweet deal. What an excellent job by the Stoic folks, get more people playing the first two games and then lay out the third one later this summer. Pretty smart, says I.

If you have a Twitch Prime membership (it's free with Amazon Prime) you currently can get the following games without having to pay anything:

• The Banner Saga
  • The Banner Saga 2
  • Strafe
  • Tumblestone
  • Treadnauts

I would almost pay this amount for those games, but it's still a little high. If I got a free Prime account for downloading the games, that would do it ;)

There's currently 14 new games you can add to your GOG account if you already own them on Steam.

• Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs
  • Banished
  • Banner Saga
  • FTL: Advanced Edition
  • Grim Dawn
  • Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
  • Jotun: Valhalla Edition
  • Kingdom: New Lands
  • Legend of Grimrock
  • Omerta: City of Gangsters Gold Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Psychonauts
  • Starpoint Gemini 2
  • Tempest

Nice of them, i have 130 games there but the only thing i bought was the nwn pack haha.

Back
Top Bottom