Votes: 16 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 28 50.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 20.0%

• Total voters

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
With the announcement from Beamdog about the Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition I was curious about how many of our members will be buying the game on release.

So here is a new short poll with three simple questions.:)

Last edited:
I am still halfway bgII, and stopped playing. Not really sure i will continu. Perhaps if i finish it I will buy icewind dale, not sure yet.

I dont have the time to play games like i use to have. kids, wife a job... And i really like original sin and looking forward to pillars and torment. If i have to guess i prbably wont have the time

I am voting no.
IWD is weakest Infinity engine game+ I don't think beamdog's remakes are done well and with lot of interesting games coming out and in my backlog I rather put my gaming time into something else.Maybe one day where there isn't anything interesting to play I might give it a try.

Last edited:
I voted no, too. Not because I don't like the Icewind Dale series.
Quite the contrary - I have the whole series in boxed versions and I played through it a couple of times already. I don't think I'll play it again.
I have way too many games old and new that I have to play for the first time.

I bought the IW collection a couple of years ago since I never played those. Stopped midway through IW1 and never tried IW2 or any of the expansions (if there were any). Game is too, I don't know, mechanical. Just battle after battle after battle.

Ofcourse.

Both, bg ee and bg2 ee offered me tons of enjoyment. I couldn't beforehand imagine how much fun it would be to replay these both classics updated to modern pcs and the extra content such as new companions were a blast. Both games are staying on my hd permanently :)

Absolutely.

I love the improvements Beamdog made in the BG EE games especially the zoom feature. I'm looking forward to eventually owning EE versions of all the Infinity Engine games.

Didn't buy BG:EE, won't buy this either.

I'll definitely buy it, but not on release. I don't buy anything on release, since I usually play old games that I picked up in sales, etc.

I'll pick it up when it's $4.99 :)

I'm not going to buy it. The zone feature and the quick loot is nice, but there is already a great HD mod out there.

I'll buy it simply to support both a local business and a fine crpg. I sent Beamdog pizzas when BG 1 extended was released, beer for BG 2, and I'm thinking cheesecakes for this one!

I put "other" for "maybe". If there's tons of new content - like companions - and it's basically a new game, I'll have to give it a shot. Otherwise, I might feel a little bit of financial guilt buying it when there's so much coming out next year that I can't live without…:sweatdrop:

Though...consider me tempted.

Probably not. I would like to.. But recently I've started to ask mysef before buying whether it's likely I'm going to play the game or not. My back catalog usually says no.

It's sad and boring and I wish that I wasn't so sensible of course.

Pibbur who is drinking coffee at the moment of writing.

PS and BTW: The wiktionary word of the day today is "diaperhood". DS.

Last edited:
I voted no. Beamdog didn't really impress me with BG1/2EEs and as someone already mentioned, there are already couple of mods out there doing basically same thing as Beamdog's *enhancements*.

Probably - though I'm likely to wait until I can get it cheap.

Not because I really want to play it - but because I like having the best versions of games I can potentially enjoy again.

That said, I'm waiting for some suit to realise that buying one version should give access to all versions.

Meaning, if I get this for PC - I should get it on Android and iPad as well, and it would be trivial to have some kind of cloud solution for savegames.

If they're concerned about getting money for their minimal effort, they could simply make a "combined" version at a slightly higher price.

Nope, already got it once and I don't see why I should pay more to get it again but with mods included at install and game breaking bugs at release. It's cheap on GOG and it works fine, not much to enhance there.
I am still halfway bgII, and stopped playing. Not really sure i will continu. Perhaps if i finish it I will buy icewind dale, not sure yet.

I dont have the time to play games like i use to have. kids, wife a job… And i really like original sin and looking forward to pillars and torment. If i have to guess i prbably wont have the time
Man, you should give Icewind Dale a go, it's way less timewasting than the BG series and way more fun and atmospheric. Almost no need to keep track of the plot either so you can play a couple encounters a day and not feel senile if you wait long between the times spent playing.
http://www.gog.com/game/icewind_dale_complete
Grab it here, it's DRM free and everything.

I voted Other, meaning maybe. I picked up the Baldurs Gate 1 & 2 EE and still haven't had time to play them with so much new stuff coming out and not having the time to devote to gaming that I used to. I am having to budget my gaming time - I would rather play the new stuff that I haven't had time to get to yet than replay a game I finished years ago, even if it does have a fresh coat of paint.

That being said, I probably should have voted yes, since more than likely sooner or later I will pick it up on a Steam sale or elsewhere at a discount.

Probably not .. I completed IWD (eventually) when it originally launched, and I'm not really one for going back and hacking through them again. Couple that with the fact that it was one of the weakest of the Infinity Engine games of that era and there's nothing to compel me to part with my readies [until it goes on a stupidly cheap sale at least]...

Nope. IW1 was my least favourite infinity engine game. Too much useless fighting and the story was weak for my taste.
And wasteland 2 is coming too.....

Back
Top Bottom