S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - Official In-Engine Teaser

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A brief teaser video for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2.

Get your first in-engine look at the first-person sequel S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 and its Zone through the eyes of its main protagonist, Skif. As developer GSC Game World puts it, this teaser represents "how the game actually feels: fast-paced change of scenery, ominous landscapes and the ever-present feeling of an inevitable danger accompanied by a barely-distinguishable guitar soundtrack." S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is due for release at some point in 2021 on Xbox Series X|S (day one on Xbox Game Pass) and PC.
More information.

Considering the brevity of this video and the time in development, I remain supremely sceptical.

The stalker games are just like the metro games to me. Both developed in Ukraine and many on this site praise them, but in the end I just don't enjoy playing them.:(

The stalker games are just like the metro games to me. Both developed in Ukraine and many on this site praise them, but in the end I just don't enjoy playing them.:(

I tried one of each game and didn't enjoy either of them enough to play after the first hour or two, which is very rare for me for a game I purchased.

I only somewhat enjoyed Witcher 1 and only enjoyed Witcher 2 for the first several hours then gave up on it. So I pretty much resolved to not buy Witcher 3 ... until the reviews were so glowing that I broke down and purchased it. Witcher 3 was great, of course, so I'm hopeful when some other game franchise which didn't quite do it for me comes out with a new game many years later (hopeful but not enthusiastic).

The games really creeped me out and I found them quite depressing to play, to be honest.

For me the third one, Call of Pripyat, was the best one. Truly atmospheric and horrifying and felt like a true RPG. I hope this turns out well.

There was a mod out there called Misery that overhauled the whole game. I played with it and it was very good

I played the first one and really like it, the AI was quite interesting. Skipped Clear Sky, and when I saw the early critics of Call of Pripyat I skipped it too but I don't remember why, I think the stealth and AI didn't go well with each other and it ended up more a shoot-em-up game, which is not my cup of tea anymore. Perhaps it did well after all?

The atmosphere was indeed a bit dark and oppressing, but it was well rendered through graphics and dialogs. And then you got to see Pripyat and what was left of Chernobyl, which left a special mark in the memory of Eurasian people who went through the '86 events, they exploited that connection pretty well.

Curious to see what a new game from them would be like after all this time.

stalker series is my favorite shooters but i dont have many hopes for this, almost none of the old team is working there anymore, plus it will be on derpsoles as well.

Back
Top Bottom