Dragon Age: Inquisition - David Gaider Interview from GaymerX

aries100

SasqWatch
Lady Insanity has put up an interview on her Tumblr she did with David Gaider at GaymerX 2014. Maria Caliban has made a thread about this interview at the DA: Inquisition's forums. She mentions highlights from the interview.

Here are some of them:

All human Inquisitors are nobles from the Free March. We don't start out as a leader.
The Red Templars can be automatons if the lyrium has overwhelmed the mind, but some are more intelligent.
Blood magic is still morally ambiguous, not just pure evil.
Red lyrium is not 'more powerful' than blue lyrium. It's something different.
A hedge mage can never be a proper mage.
A sarabaas is a form of hedge mage; can't do regular spell casting, they mostly just blow things up.
There are Circles in Rivani as well.
In Nevarra, for each person who dies, a spirit is invited into their body. This maintains a 'balance' between life and death. In older cemeteries, there are undead just wandering around.
Tevinter interbreed in order to create perfect mages. Nobles must always present themselves as perfect mages and any deviancy is looked down on. Families maintain their public self image.
The Tevinter consider themselves a meritocracy as even those born into slavery might become a mage, earn their freedom, and climb the social ladder. Elves within Tevinter tend to see this as evidence they have more opportunity there.
David is thinking of writing a new novel.
More information.

Informative! Thanks for finding this piece. :)

All DLC exist even if you didn't play them.
So the ME story continues.
Either buy (and play) or you'll scratch your head wtf is going on and wtf are they talking about?!

That's why God created the YouTube joxer. Just so you don't have to wonder.

That's why God created the YouTube joxer. Just so you don't have to wonder.

That's why BioWare created the Keep so you actually can pick choices (if there are any) from those DLCs without having to buy them.

Wow, lots of Dragon Age info lately. Release is October 7th? They're hyping like it's coming out in August!

P.S. I barely played any of the DLC in Mass Effect and it make good sense to me the whole way through.

I don't entirely get "hedge mages can never be proper mages" -- isn't Solas supposed to be a sort of hedge mage?

I don't entirely get "hedge mages can never be proper mages" — isn't Solas supposed to be a sort of hedge mage?

Solas has been suspect ever since Patrick Weekes called him an average apostate in his character profile. Considering what he does, he was clearly trained, so he's not an hedge mage as such (just like Morrigan isn't one). He is also voiced by a Welsh actor and welsh accent are Dalish's accent in DA2, but he is not Dalish.

There is a character in The Masked Empire book (written by Patrick Weekes) who is similar to Solas in a lot of points (he was killed, so it's not him). That elf wasn't a City or Dalish Elf…

Sandal could be an hedge mage going by DA2 (Not Enchantment => Frozen ogre)

Back
Top Bottom