KotOR - Apeiron's KotOR Reveals

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@MrMattyPlays Apeiron is remaking Knights of the Old Republic using Unreal Engine 4 and recently showed off some of the planets and Bastila Shan.

I am proud to present alongside Poem Studios a bunch of unseen clips walking through planets in Apeiron's KotOR. My heart has exploded and my mind is blown.

[...]

The possible model for Bastila Shan has been made and holy moly...
More information.

To bad the project will eventually be shut down by EA and Disney. I still remember when someone else tried to make a fan version of KotOR III in Unreal III a few years ago.

Looks good but also far, far from finished. Not sure what the point is, as Star Wars is clearly not the kind of thing you can touch without establishing some kind of deal.

Maybe they're looking for a job in the industry and don't really intend to release anything?

Takedown order in 5, 4, 3…

But yeah, it looks really good. Too bad they're not working on an entirely new sci-fi game.

Takedown order in 5, 4, 3…

But yeah, it looks really good. Too bad they're not working on an entirely new sci-fi game.

Such cynicism. Surely by now EA has learned that its not... bahaha.
Couldn't even type that with a straight face.

This is just a PR stunt from something trying to build up momentum and curriculum. 0 chance of a single person to remake a full game of that complexity.

If for some reason EA ask him to shut down the project, they will be doing him a favour as he will not be in need to declare it abandoned or vaporware in the future, he will just blame others.

Damn. Looks very good. Hope it gets released even in alpha/beta state when corps eventually shut him down.

As others have said, there is no chance this will see the light of day. Even if there were no copyright issues it would be a huge undertaking. It will be placed under 'cease and desist' and be used as a showcase/CV example for the dev. This was always the intention.

Sad news as Lucas sent the dreaded Cease & Desist letter.

Star Wars: Kotor remake project blocked by LucasFilm
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is one of the best projects that have a special place in the hearts of Star Wars fans. Star Wars fans, who have been waiting for a Remake project for a long time, realized that this project would not come and rolled up their sleeves and started the Aperion as a FAN made remake project. But today, we have very bad news, Star Wars: Kotor's Unreal Engine 4 project has been cancelled.

They had to know this was coming, seriously.
Yep have to protect your IP even if it's stupid Just look at Bethesda. Still you would think Lucas/EA would actually make a remaster, or a new Single-player Kotor RPG.

But no it never happens s and these fan projects get canceled.

I've no doubt it would have sold some copies, for sure, but you have to get the legal parts in place first. Quite some shoddy thinking there, and would make me skeptical of any future endeavours these folks pursue.

I've no doubt it would have sold some copies, for sure, but you have to get the legal parts in place first. Quite some shoddy thinking there, and would make me skeptical of any future endeavours these folks pursue.
Well you would need BioWare and Obsidian's approval but Lucas/Disney owns the IP. Also EA has the exclusive and only contract to develop Star War games from Disney.

All they have done is make Star Wars: Battlefront games, and cancel the other projects.

Looks really good, even if it's just a demo of his skills.

I suppose it gets you attention, first from people attracted to the big name game remake, and then from the press when the drama ensues.

Back
Top Bottom