Mass Effect 3 - Charting the Plot Points

Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed, that piece seems a little bit… chaotic. It starts at a random point and misses some (imho) pretty important ones.

The Rachni, the Krogan, the Quarians, etc. - yes, hopefully there will be some story details depending on how you acted, but honestly, that will most likely be only minor plot elements. The romance option? Important on a personal level, but for the overall plot it's next to meaningless. The base? A big question, fair enough, but not really THE big question.

Honestly, the imho most important question hasn't been mentioned: What are the reapers? Where do the come from (meaning "Who created them?")? Why do they do what they do (harvesting civilizations)?

And this is the big question, concerning ME3's story. Of course, there are other things that make a game nice, but the reason why I will buy Mass Effect 3, no matter if it's a shooter or an rpg, is, that I want to see a nice and creative answer to this question. The answer can either be a good one, creative, perhaps even surpising, but still logical or it will be a bad one, meaning either boring or illogical.

I don't think that ME3 needs to explain who the Reapers are. I don't mind having a few mysteries left.

What I do hope is that the story has some more substance beyond stopping the Reapers. Perhaps some kind of message. But my expectations are not very high.

Reapers ? Just look at Firefly/Serenity ... ;)

Oh, I always mix both ... :lol:

I reather meant the word. Both sound very similar.

To me, it's like mixing "both" and "booth". ;)

Back
Top Bottom