Worst Game Ever

I really like U9 :)

As for worst games ever, that's kinda a boring topic - as most of those would be obscure free games no one ever heard of.

Perhaps it should be worst high-profile games or most disappointing games ever?

If so, I have a few examples:

Master of Orion 3
Aliens: Colonial Marines
X-Rebirth
Battlecruiser 3000AD
Mortal Online
Duke Nukem Forever (though we all saw it coming)
Daikatana

I'll overlook you liking U9 cos you're spot on with the rest ;)

I think we might have a new contender for "worst game ever": Air Control
I got this one in a bundle, but sadly it is so demanding that a computer that has no problems handling Skyrim can't run it. So sorry, you won't get a review from me (apparently the developer of the game has started to insult everyone who complains about poor framerate, instead of actually admitting that there might be some issues with the games optimization).

I think we might have a new contender for "worst game ever": Air Control
I got this one in a bundle, but sadly it is so demanding that a computer that has no problems handling Skyrim can't run it. So sorry, you won't get a review from me (apparently the developer of the game has started to insult everyone who complains about poor framerate, instead of actually admitting that there might be some issues with the games optimization).

"Play as a passenger in real-time mode" I can't for the life of me imagine why anyone would spend money on a flight sim that included that as a major feature.

I warned ya, Fnord!

Dang, I missed that post.
I thought that particular game looked terrible when i bought the bundle, so I was not really surprised that it turned out to be terrible, but I was not prepared for it to be quite as terrible as it turned out to be. Let me put it like this: If I had to pick between 10 min of Air Control or 1h of Limbo of the Lost, I would go for Limbo of the Lost.
"Play as a passenger in real-time mode" I can't for the life of me imagine why anyone would spend money on a flight sim that included that as a major feature.

Yet more filthy lies from the developer. As far as I can tell, this feature is not even a part of the game!
Just to be clear, by the way, it is not a simulator. Not even remotely close to one. Unless you consider broken Flappy Bird segments (yes, the devs are actually so inept that they could not even make something as basic as Flappy Birds, without making it horribly buggy & broken) to be worthy of the title "Flight sim".

I noticed E.T in the first post.
So in case you missed it,

ET has been fixed!
Code:
http://www.neocomputer.org/projects/et/

u can download the new version from the above page.

A lot of the annoying "bugs" have been removed and some improvements have
been made.

p.s ..it's an atari bin file.

G.O.T.Y Contender ?

A lot of people love the battlecruise games. I think it's just a niche with a very narrow appeal. I played some and I could see the potential but everything was a little too generic about interface and design, and a little too roguelike for me to get into much.

I heard about that crash, but that was far before my time, so I can't tell …

Edit :

Titles such as Chase the Chuck Wagon (about dogs eating food, bankrolled by the dog food company Purina), Skeet Shoot, and Lost Luggage were examples of games made in the hopes of taking advantage of the video-game boom.

Concerned about making the Christmas season, Atari again rushed the game to market quickly, after a mere six weeks of development time. The end result is widely considered to be one of the worst video games ever.[20][21]

Interesting: The "quick profit vs. high quality" thinking almost broke the video games industry.

History repeats itself ... Greed vs. long-term thinking ...

Last edited:
I noticed E.T in the first post.
So in case you missed it,

ET has been fixed!
Code:
http://www.neocomputer.org/projects/et/

u can download the new version from the above page.

A lot of the annoying "bugs" have been removed and some improvements have
been made.

p.s ..it's an atari bin file.

G.O.T.Y Contender ?

LOL

When Superman 64 is fixed then I'll be amazed...

!? What is there to fix? Well, maybe that bug where you can pause the game, let it sit there for a bit, and have the bridge magically rebuild itself....

Back
Top Bottom