Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
A Look At the Critical Reception of The Witcher Games

Assassin's Creed Valhalla Gameplay - 19 NEW THINGS!!!

I Played 5.5 More Hours Of Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Disco Elysium One Year Anniversary - Patch and Sale
We're wishing Disco Elysium a happy birthday as it's now one whole year old. And what a revolution it has been. Here are some numbers that help quantify the game's journey so far:

• 3 new languages (and more to come)
  • 15+ patches
  • 15+ award wins
  • 40+ award nominations
  • 5000+ Discord members
  • 21,000+ Steam reviews
We're celebrating the occasion with the game's biggest discount ever. You can buy Disco Elysium at -30% off for a limited time! Tell all your friends who are yet to make a purchase (or gift it to them if you're feeling extra generous) so they can enjoy the experience too.

Not to many RPG's today at Gamescom it seems.:(

Though I did find this you guys might be interested in.

Bethesda Provides Disappointing Update on The Elder Scrolls 6 - ComicBook

It’s so strange to me that they have a game that will all but guarantee 20+ million copies sold and they don’t seem all that interested in making it.

It’s so strange to me that they have a game that will all but guarantee 20+ million copies sold and they don’t seem all that interested in making it.
True but they are working on a new original Ip for the first time in twenty years. Can't wait to see what Starfield looks like next year hopefully. The image leaks look good.

Attachments

• starfield-leaked-images-spaceship.jpg
    starfield-leaked-images-spaceship.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 154
  • Starfield-leaked-image.jpg
    Starfield-leaked-image.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 147
Solasta: Crown of the Magister - EA Official Launch Trailer

Check out the launch trailer for Tactical Adventures' turn-based RPG Solasta: Crown of the Magister launching into early access on October 20 on PC.
GameSpot Genshin Impact Video Review

Genshin Impact offers a very well-made action-RPG as a free-to-play service--though it's not without a few caveats.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla - 15 Things You Need To Know Before You Buy

After a well-earned year-off in 2019, Assassin's Creed is soon returning with a game that's set to continue the run of form the series has been in. Valhalla is promising to deliver yet another vast, sprawling open world action RPG, and there's plenty that Ubisoft have revealed about it that's got us more than just a little excited to get our hands on the game

Fallout: New Vegas At 10 - The Definitive Game Of War, Greed, and Loss
The tale of New Vegas is over. Perhaps one day, we could do with a remake to restore some of the content that got left behind, but other than that, this chapter in Fallout history is closed.

All the factions that die in New Vegas die because they were stuck living in the past. As Father Elijah puts it in the DLC Dead Money, the NCR, Legion, Brotherhood of Steel, and Mr. House were all after a “bright, shining monument luring treasure hunters to their doom. An illusion that you can begin again, change your fortunes.” But all it does is seal their fate.

The Brotherhood wouldn’t accept newcomers, the NCR wouldn’t stop expanding, the Legion wouldn’t plan beyond their glorious leader’s life, and Mr. House refused to acknowledge the threat of some courier blasting some Dean Martin on a Pip Boy.

The point is, New Vegas is all about moving on, and it’s time we did too. Ten years ago, we got the definitive game of war, greed, and loss. With The Outer Worlds and the upcoming Avowed, it’s clear Obsidian have different stories to tell. With any luck, Microsoft and Bethesda will let them tell these stories in the Fallout universe once more.
Vaporum: Lockdown Patch - Adds Mac & Linux Support
Hey, guys and gals!

While Patch #4 is smaller in terms of changes and fixes, it's actually a big deal -- the game is now released on Mac & Linux!

Work on the Switch port is well underway already, so that's to come in the nearest future, too.

Here are patch notes as usual:

- Support for Mac & Linux added.
- Tweaked the blackouts in the psychedelic part of the Hive to happen at specific points rather than triggering at random times during the whole ordeal.
- Fixed: Continuous damage received from enemies does not scale with the difficulty level.

True but they are working on a new original Ip for the first time in twenty years. Can't wait to see what Starfield looks like next year hopefully...
MIGHT be an XBox exclusive but I kinda doubt it. It's about time for those consoles to be making their sales so, if Microsoft was going to use Bethesda to try and bring in more XBox sales, they would be doing more than hinting right now.

Well we all know how Bethesda does marketing. An announcement followed by a release date is likely. Anyway I don't want another Elder Scrolls just another Fallout.
Also on Twitter, Hines confirmed we won't be seeing anything about Starfield this year, however, he did seemingly confirm we will see the game next year, 2021.

At this point, it's safe to assume Starfield is either a 2021 or 2022 game given how brief Bethesda likes to keep its marketing campaigns. If this is the case, then we might not be seeing The Elder Scrolls 6 until 2024 at the earliest.

Last edited:
True but they are working on a new original Ip for the first time in twenty years. Can't wait to see what Starfield looks like next year hopefully. The image leaks look good.

It does? I mean, it's early days and it's a leak, so I don't care or think it's indicative of anything, but those images are nothing I'd consider impressive for an eventual AAA release.

I'm talking about the images looking early Space exploration not advanced. You don't see many RPGs set in Early Space exploration. It's usually a latter advance age.

I still have never finished AC: Odyssey. Was playing it some more last night. The parkour is off-putting to me after a while. Climbing anything and everything with zero consequences of falling damage gets stale after a while. It presents an astounding amount of freedom, but starts to feel silly after a bit. I don't want to go back to games with narrowly defined areas that can only be climbed. But climbing anything, and diving off even the highest precipices with no consequence is just absurd, and even gets in the way sometimes. Evading enemies, running away sometimes means I start climbing some crazy part of the environment that I didn't intend to climb. I accept that my character is super human. And all games have unrealistic aspects (carrying 25 swords, swimming in heavy armor, etc). But something about the unlimited parkour doesn't work for me.

I'll eventually play Valhalla. But the fact that I STILL have not even finished Odyssey says something about the overall game. And Valhalla looks like a lot more of the same.

Some good news for me today at least.:)

Urban Strife will be published by MicroProse - Announcement

We have been biting our lips for a month or so but today we can finally reveal the details about the publishing deal we have signed: Urban Strife is now part of the MicroProse family!

This is a huge step for us, putting development on a solid path and we wanted to announcement to be done properly. Including a preview article by PC Gamer here (and a new trailer as bonus inside):

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/urban-strife-sounds-like-jagged-alliance-2-but-its-infested-with-zombies

The OuterWorlds to be Released on GOG

Get ready to explore a distant space colony and to decide what kind of character you decide you want to become, as the engaging, player-driven story unfolds before you!

The Outer Worlds, an award-winning RPG, is coming soon DRM-free on GOG.COM! Lost in transit while on a colonist ship bound for the furthest edge of the galaxy, you awake decades later, and become almost instantly entangled in a deep corporate conspiracy. The question remains - how will you deal with it?

King Arthur Knight's Tale - Music - Slow Theme

When I was 6 years old, my mum took me to a teacher to learn to play the piano. I hated it first, but now I'm very glad I didn’t give up (and my mother would have killed me, so that was not an option). I really love my job, which is writing music for video games, animations and movies. © 2020 Neocore Games - Gergely Buttinger
RUNE II: Decapitation Edition Steam Announcement Trailer

RUNE II: Decapitation Edition launches November 13, 2020.
Stirring Abyss Release Date Reveal

Stirring Abyss will be out on 10.29.20
Bethesda intentionally sabotaged Rune 2 - PCGamer
In December 2019, Rune 2 publisher Ragnarok Game sued original developer Human Head Studios, alleging that Human Head had attempted to destroy the game by very publicly abandoning it on launch day, and then refusing to turn over the source code and assets so another developer could take over the job. "We could've transitioned the game if they weren't able to participate anymore, we could've transitioned naturally—here's the source code, we'll help you find somebody," executive producer Matt Candler told me in a June 2020 interview. "But they didn't do that. They actually did everything they could to prevent us from supporting the product."

Mount and Blade Clone The Viking Way Basic Tutorials

Experience the Viking way of life. Sail, explore, trade, build a fleet, and lead your heathen army to raid and conquest. Write your own story of the golden Viking age. You have many choices, and a leader can always find his own.
Immortals Fenyx Rising First 20 Minutes of Gameplay

We explore the world and gain new abilities and weapons in the first 20 minutes of Immortals Fenyx Rising

The Outer Worlds Steam Release Out Now

The Outer Worlds is an award-winning single-player RPG from Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division. As you explore a space colony, the character you decide to become will determine how this player-driven story unfolds. In the colony's corporate equation, you are the unplanned variable.
Mortal Shell Rotten Autumn Free Content Update Released

Something sinister has arrived in Fallgrim. Possess the Rotten Autumn update and access 10 new shell shades, a brand new photo mode, and an alternative boss OST by Rotting Christ. Download for Free today!
Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - October 2020 Producer's Letter
Today we want to share some news with you, and it felt like a great opportunity to clarify a few things as well. That's right, today's topic is all about Pre-Alpha 5 and the path forward. Before we get into that, though, it seems appropriate to take a quick look at the road we have traveled so far.
King Arthur: Knight's Tale - Developer Interview about Production and Scope
Hey everyone! In today's update, producer Zoltán Pozsonyi offers a glimpse of the processes behind the scenes, answering a few questions about the production of this new direction for NeocoreGames..
Solasta: Crown of the Magister Early Access Previews
IGN
Like Dungeons and Dragons, Solasta: Crown of the Magister boils down to the dice rolls. Every encounter, attack, ability attempt, enemy discovery, and more are calculated by a combination of dice rolls and stats, which are crunched in real-time. You can see these dice rolls on the bottom of the screen, but if seeing the dice roll doesn't tickle your fancy, you can turn it off for a more traditional (and mysterious) video game experience.
TechRaptor
So far Solasta: Crown of the Magister has set up an interesting world filled with history, and while the main cast get railroaded into the need to learn about the Cursed Crown it's still an interesting story hook to a multipart adventure. The gameplay issues were extremely frustrating, but when they worked it was just as expected from playing the true TTRPG. The use of vertical set pieces to create grandure in dungeons was a neat inclusion, and one that's quite different from the usual experience. At the moment this 10+ hour experience does a great job showing what is in store for Solasta and with more polish and shine should be a worthwhile adventure to go on.

Solasta: Crown of the Magister Live (Half-Elf Paladin)

1st day of the Solasta: Crown of the Magister early access! Excited to try out this game. Great to have more games based on Dungeons and Dragons hit the market! Baldur's Gate 3 and now this, you can't go wrong. More Solasta streams and videos on the way, subscribe!
Fallout 76: Steel Dawn - Official Teaser Trailer

Take a look at the teaser trailer for Steel Dawn, the first chapter in the new Brotherhood of Steel questline, available in December 2020.
Fallout 4 & Fallout: New Vegas mods add support for Vulkan

You can download the Vulkan mods here and here
If you have a newer Videocard that supports Vulkan, I highly recommend installing the DXVK wrapper in to FNV. I went from 40-50fps in a heavy modded TTW + ENB install to a fully stable locked 60fps in all locations (that I have tested so far)
Gamedec - Genre Musings Update
Grab a cup of coffee and dive deep into the mind of Marcin Sergiusz Przybyłek, the author of the Gamedec saga. Marcin will explain his view on creating the gamedecverse and determine the genre in which Gamedec books fit in. Enjoy!

I had written off Immortals Fenyx Rising but previews are saying it's actually very, very good. So I will likely pick it up at some point.

I don't know if this has been covered here before, but "Immortals Fenyx Rising" original name was the MUCH BETTER "Gods and Monsters." Apparently Monster Energy Drink threatened to sue them over the name, so the publisher backed down and changed the name to the HORRIBLE "Immortals Fenyx Rising"

That name is so very, very bad that my guess is it will hurt sales. It sounds like the name for a cheap mobile game.

Just goes to show what a shitty, litigious world we live in where a mega corporation like Monster Energy can throw enough money around to pull shit like that. It didn't even go to court: the threat of a lawsuit from a mega-corp was enough to make them change the name. As if the word "monster" is actually 'ownable' nowadays!

It's a terrible precedent. Large corporations are poison. Fuck Monster. Apparently, Monster Drink product placement was all over the game Death Stranding, too. The main character actually uses that sugar water as some sort of potion. Ugh.

10 Greatest RPG Video Games Of All Time

The most inventive and immersive titles of the genre that truly deserve a place on your shelf.
A Decade in the Mojave Fallout: New Vegas 10 Years Later

Fallout: New Vegas was released 10 years ago today. Tuesday, October 19th, 2010. The Fallout series would expand the West Coast storyline with this entry and it is arguably the best in the Fallout series to date. Let's look back on a decade in the Mojave. This is Fallout: New Vegas 10 Years Later.
Mass Effect: Andromeda Is Better With Mods

A journey across the stars always sounds fun, but even more so when you haven't seen the sun in weeks. Stuck in my small apartment during a global pandemic, I recently became so desperate for an escape that I booted up Mass Effect Andromeda.
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Update #5: Ranged Combat Update

In this video, we take a look at the upcoming changes to ranged combat.
Geneforge 1: Mutagen Update #10 - Kickstarter
We are about a month from finishing the game world. Then comes the Windows port, a ton more beta testing, the billion little steps necessary to actually ship a game, and we win! We just finished completing the new regions and storyline stretch goal. It is a really dark, cool standalone story with lots of new characters, challenges, and loot. If you are already a Geneforge fan, I think you'll really enjoy how we fleshed out the world.
Diablo IV Announcement Cinematic Insights - ArtStation Magazine
At the beginning of BlizzCon 2019, the lights fell over tens of thousands of people in the Anaheim Convention Center as the blue-hued countdown to the show slowly turned red. The sound of wind, bells tolling, a burnt wooden door slamming repeatedly against its frame. The hysterical, breathy, frightened prayers of a cleric punctuating the air, and with that, the world of Diablo IV was finally revealed to the world.
The Digital Antiquarian - A Look at Master of Magic
Steve Barcia started thinking about his second grand-strategy game well before he had finished creating his first one. While he was waiting for his latest iteration of Master of Orion to compile each day in the cramped Austin, Texas, offices of his company SimTex, he sketched in the mental details of a follow-up that would take place in a fantasy rather than science-fictional milieu. As soon as the one game was finished, he wrote up a design document for the next one and shared it with the rest of the SimTex staff. Within two weeks, they were charging full-speed ahead on Master of Magic. It would ship under the MicroProse imprint in time for the Christmas of 1994, only a year after its predecessor, despite being one of the most complex strategy games yet made for a computer. If there's no rest for the wicked, it would seem that Barcia and company had been very bad indeed.
Rune II: Decapitation Edition Preview - WCCFTech
You might have heard of Rune II last year when I, and many other critics, reviewed it quite poorly. You might have heard of Rune II in the aftermath of those reviews, where some strange business things seemed to happen when the developers Human Head Studios disappeared immediately following launch, leaving the publisher - Ragnarok Game LLC left holding the slack.

But if you have heard of Rune II more recently, it's probably because of the ongoing lawsuit that now encompasses Bethesda/Zenimax as well as the other major players from the rocky launch last year. On top of the legal battle raging behind the scenes though, Ragnarok Game have founded their own development team called Studio 369 to continue developing Rune II and transforming the lackluster original launch into the game they wanted to publish.

Elex 2 wont be announced this year due to coronavirus delaying work.

Back
Top Bottom