Risen - v1.2 Unofficial Patch

Maybe it's time to replay Risen.

If I finish my multiple planned playthrough of DX:HR before November (and Skyrim), I might just do that.

- Fixed inability to loot the following NPCs upon beating them: Belschwur, Elias, Flavio, Jack, Pavel.

- Great gate in the dungeon beneath the volcano no longer opens if player uses a single winch, saves and reloads a game.
- Stone door blocking one of the passages in the dungeon beneath a volcano no longer changes its state if player opens it, saves and reloads a game.
- Removed a secret wall ring in the dungeon beneath the volcano that triggered non-existing entity.
- "Open the great gate" quest now automatically succeeds as soon as the player opens that gate. As a result "Open the great gate" quest no longer becomes impossible to finish if player completes "The tunnel" quest before receiving "The tunnel" quest from Inquisitor.
- Fixed inability to use Woodcutter's axe and all self-forged weapons on the quickbar.
- Stone plate and Smith's hammer can no longer be used on quickbar.
- Now player has an option to learn Create scrolls skill from Illumar in Chapter 4 upon completion of "Find a mage who can help you" quest if he has not done so beforehand.
- Now Walter provides information on the amount of obsidian ore needed to trade for the bastard sword blank as soon as that blank becomes available for trade.
- Deactivated leftover quest "Duel with Finn".
- All quest items with no use for player beyond related quest are removed from the game world when they are given away by the player to finish the quest.
- Changed the category of "Drive out the intruders!" quest from "World" to "Volcano keep".

So true that it hurts...

5. A note to Piranha Bytes/Deep Silver.
=======================================

Some of the bugs fixed by this patch would take mere minutes for the developers to fix and were reported to developers much earlier than official patch 1.10 was released. So PB and DS if you don't care about supporting your product at least release a modkit for the game so your customers can fix the bugs themselves.

During my first playthrough I didn't experience any of those bugs. I'm surprised there are so many fixes in this patch.

Me neither. These seem mostly like very minor fixes. I have to say that Risen was one of most bug free gaming experiences I've had in a few years. :)

That's only the bug list from 1.2.. the included fixes from 1.0 are a lot more. :)

I recall experiencing several quest-related bugs during my playthrough, but nothing major.

5. A note to Piranha Bytes/Deep Silver.
=======================================

Some of the bugs fixed by this patch would take mere minutes for the developers to fix and were reported to developers much earlier than official patch 1.10 was released. So PB and DS if you don't care about supporting your product at least release a modkit for the game so your customers can fix the bugs themselves.

Ouch, are these the same guys that got paid a little for the Gothic 3 community patch watcha-ma-jing?

Doubt it. Don't remember either of them being part of the CPT or the team that fixed Forsaken Gods for JoWood.

The fixes are mostly minor but Risen's scripts were hardly bug ridden in the first place. Seems like they haven't fixed yet the one thing that annoyed me, a translation error where one of the NPCs you were set to look out for had kept his German name.

most of the bugs in PB's games were part of the fun for me, like seeing an orc who's stuck on a run loop instead of climbing the rock i'm shooting arrows from.

Back
Top Bottom