Cyberpunk 2077 - Details and Visions Revealed

aries100

SasqWatch
In a post at the official forums, Masos from CD Projekt RED has revealed the visions for this game as well as some background details. A quote on how the world will be like in 2077, according to CD Projekt RED:
In Cyberpunk 2077, the player will be thrown into a dark future. The metropolis of Night City is a stage set to tell the tale of one individual, raised on the streets, who tries to lift himself up from the gutter and find a way to survive amongst boostergangs and megacorporations in a city of filth and sin. Drugs, violence, poverty and exclusion haven't disappeared by 2077, as people stayed as they were for centuries - greedy, closed-minded and weak. But not only ghosts of the past trouble mankind, but new issues have appeared. Psychos go on rampages and the streets are filled with junkies addicted to a new form of entertainment - the braindance, a cheap way to experience the emotions and stimuli of someone else, someone living a more exciting life.

More information.

"Psychos go on rampages and the streets are filled with junkies addicted to a new form of entertainment - the braindance, a cheap way to experience the emotions and stimuli of someone else, someone living a more exciting life."

Otherwise known as TV news and reality shows?

Yes, I think so. The line for this game seems to be this one.

"We didn’t get rid of our problems, we multiplied them."

As I see, what CD Project RED is doing is to take the thoughs and ideas of what say scientists etc. are saying that the future might be like and then multiply these with a factor four or five.

Many scientists seem to think that in 2077 - or even before that - we'll watch tv on very small tv screens connected to our eyes in some ways - or even have phones in our hands. (If you watch the new Total Recall movie, you'll see what I mean).

or even have phones in our hands.

I think some people already reached that point. The phone isn't inside the hand, but it never leaves it either.

I know, I was saying that some people aren't far from that already with the fact that they never let go of their cellphones. We might not have the tech to have them on our skins, but I'm sure people wish we did...

Drugs, violence, poverty and exclusion haven't disappeared by 2077, as people stayed as they were for centuries - greedy, closed-minded and weak.

Even the PC? Greedy, maybe, closed minded maybe but weak? The PC will be something else.

As I see, what CD Project RED is doing is to take the thoughs and ideas of what say scientists etc. are saying that the future might be like and then multiply these with a factor four or five.

I don't mean it in a hard ass way but you are wrong aries. Project Red game appears to be based on Cyberpunk P&P and TT games from 90s. Check "Teaser" thread for more info.

The predictions of cyberpunk novels from the 80s and 90s never quite came true, and instead the present turned out to be much nicer (facebook?) and more sinister in other ways (....facebook?) . It makes it a little challenging to go back and read them, knowing the current reality. However, experiencing a 90s vision of a cyberpunk future in game form sounds glorious to me.

The predictions of cyberpunk novels from the 80s and 90s never quite came true, and instead the present turned out to be much nicer (facebook?) and more sinister in other ways (….facebook?) . It makes it a little challenging to go back and read them, knowing the current reality. However, experiencing a 90s vision of a cyberpunk future in game form sounds glorious to me.

We're not so far out from the 1980s that it's time to claim fail on all that glorious dystopian vision :)

The predictions of cyberpunk novels from the 80s and 90s never quite came true, and instead the present turned out to be much nicer (facebook?) and more sinister in other ways (….facebook?) . It makes it a little challenging to go back and read them, knowing the current reality. However, experiencing a 90s vision of a cyberpunk future in game form sounds glorious to me.

They were predictions? I never saw them differently than so many Sci Fi efforts. People crossed the lines if they ever thought that was something supposed to happen sometime down the line, in the near future.

They were predictions? I never saw them differently than so many Sci Fi efforts. People crossed the lines if they ever thought that was something supposed to happen sometime down the line, in the near future.

I suppose, but that's easy to say now. I'm not saying I thought for sure it was going to be exactly like that but it seemed possible back then. Not to mention I was 12 when I read Neuromancer in the 80s.

Back
Top Bottom