Warsim: The Realm of Aslona (Procedurally generated kingdom management RPG)
View Single Post
July 5th, 2019, 13:11
Wasn't planning on releasing this as an update but I discovered a game breaking bug with the race generation system and had to release this to ensure it doesn't mess up anyones game, luckily what I'd already worked on prior to the fix is enough for a nice little update!
Now before a normal random races game, you can choose an additional choice of going like normal and taking what you're given or give yourself the option to review and reject the random races in your world and try for another random set, this allows lots of players to get a true feel for the randomness of the game and to get a game start more suited to them while still being random as hell.
Also in the extras menu generators screen there is now something called 'Advanced Race Generator' which allows you to spawn a big list of however many races you want.
* Added new menu for selecting races before a normal game
* Added new system for kingdom names to include weird proc genned name systems
* Added new graphical end of turn screen for any assassinations ordered by the player
* Added new extras generators race generator page where you can generate as many races as you choose (select a number)
**ANOTHER RACE EXPANSION**
The last few days I've been working through lists of suggestions and ideas for new prefixes for the race system as well as tweaking and adding new abilities to them, this coupled with the new 'taur' system mentioned below has resulted in an additional 10'079'211 races in Warsim. (Was 59'361'042 before, now 69'440'253). Many of these new races will have unique effects such as 3 sets of eyes, fixed leader personalities, longer heads and so on.
* Added new race prefix 'Four-Eyed' (+5 battlescore, 2 sets of eyes)
* Added new race prefix 'Azure' (+1 battlescore, blue skin)
* Added new race prefix 'Fertile' (triple population level) credit Bookrage from audiogames.net
* Added new race prefix 'Metal' (silver skin, +11 battlescore) credit Bookrage from audiogames.net
* Added new race prefix 'Legendary' (10x battlescore, 2x population, +4 civilisation level) credit /u/AdministrativeTreat7
* Added new race prefix 'Mercantile' (always a mercantile leader, +1 civilisation level)
* Added new race prefix 'Underground' (+2 battlescore) credit /u/AdministrativeTreat7
* Added new race prefix 'Barbaric' (+9 battlescore, -2 civ level) credit Bookrage from audiogames.net
* Added new race prefix 'Cliff' (+1 battlescore)
* Added new race prefix 'Cove' (+3 battlescore)
* Added new race prefix 'Lagoon'
* Added new race prefix 'Plateu' (+5 battlescore, -1 population level)
* Added new race prefix 'Tall' (+3 battlescore, longer heads) credit u/AdministrativeTreat7
* Added new race prefix 'Brown' (brown skin)
* Added new race prefix 'Dirty' (-2 battlescore, brown skin)
* Added new race prefix 'Garden' (3x lower battlescore, 2x smaller population) credit /u/AdministrativeTreat7
* Added new race prefix 'Happy' (+5 population level, leaders always friendly)
* Added new race prefix 'Strange' (+2 battlescore, leaders are always strange)
**New beast races**
* Added New Race 'Chimpanzee Folk'
* Added New Race 'Chimpanzeemen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Chimpanzees'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Chimpanzees'
* Added New Race 'Half-Chimpanzees'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Chimpanzees'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Chimpanzees'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Chimpanzees'
* Added New Race 'Chimpanzeelings'
* Added new kingdom type 'Chimpanzeedom'
* Added New Race 'Toucan Folk'
* Added New Race 'Toucanmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Toucans'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Toucans'
* Added New Race 'Half-Toucans'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Toucans'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Toucans'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Toucans'
* Added New Race 'Toucanlings'
* Added new kingdom type 'Toucandom'
* Added New Race 'Panther Folk'
* Added New Race 'Panthermen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Panthers'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Panthers'
* Added New Race 'Half-Panthers'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Panthers'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Panthers'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Panthers'
* Added New Race 'Pantherlings'
* Added new kingdom type 'Pantherdom'
* Added New Race 'Squirrel Folk'
* Added New Race 'Squirrelmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Squirrels'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Squirrels'
* Added New Race 'Half-Squirrels'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Squirrels'
* Added New Race 'Exo-Squirrels'
* Added New Race 'Demi-Squirrels'
* Added New Race 'Squirrellings'
* Added new kingdom type 'Squirreldom'
* Added new animal 'Toucan' to the game
* Added new animal 'Chimpanzee' to the game
* Added new animal 'Panther' to the game
* Added new animal 'Squirrel' to the game
* Modified 'Many-Eyed' race prefix to give 3 sets of eyes instead of 2
* Added +2 battlescore bonus to 'Edge' prefix
* Made races using hollow/dark/blood-/abyssal/evil/corrupt prefix always have hostile leaders
* Made races using ascended prefix always have neutral personality leaders
* Added +1 battlescore bonus to 'Big-eared' prefix (big ears should assist you a little)
* Made Mud races have brown skin colour (credit u/Nighteye424)
This update contains another huge improvement to the race generator and its randomness, thanks to
a suggeston by u/Nighteye424, the idea was to have half-horse half-(everything) races instead of
just centaurs (half-horse half-man) or our special race of centaars (half-horse half-elf) centaars
were added long ago and well before the randomness of this race generator had picked up but now
they are no longer needed so they have been removed.
In their place however is a system that can generate tons of potential races including stuff like
Goblintaurs, Orctaurs, Elvetaurs, Trowtaurs, Trolltaurs, Cthuultaurs. Each of these races is it's
primary counterpart and half-horse giving them a battle bonus and a new name and description.
Now the races you find in the game can be even more random, though it's still rare to see a 'taur'
type race in game!
* Removed Centaars from the game
* Added new 'taurs' affix that can be added to all non-beast default races (except Men, Folk, Centaurs, Minotaurs, Minotaars, Satyr, Faun) as cool as it would be to see some Mentaurs…
Now King Gurnak has a face, All throne room executions look a little better, and freeing slaves screen has been improved with a new unique graphic!
* Added graphic for king gurnak diplomacy
* Made all executed characters faces turn blood-red during/after execution
* Added new graphic for freeing slaves screen in kingdom options
* Fixed bug with 4 animals in the race generator
* Fixed making new helmet through general screen kicks you from general screen when done
* Fixed debug and new lands kingdoms still keeping last lands lords and nobles
* Fixed three-headed and two-headed races making everyone two or three headed bug
* Fixed the crowning ceremony text colour bug
* Fixed edge prefix description bug
* Fixed 'colourful' prefix not working
* Fixed losing explore chances when you explore a region you've discovered everything
* Fixed erak screen diplomacy layout
* Fixed totem around it around it text bug (credit u/Telejimes)
* Fixed foreign king encounter text layout
* Fixed text wrap of demon totem text
* Fixed no indication of no peasants for sacrifice demon totem screen
* Added new dynamic text for prison labour yard (credit u/LurkMorePlease)
* Added new text for freeing slaves screen in kingdom options
* Added colour to text of default faction's diplomacy screens
* Rewrote crowning ceremony text
* Added new screens for giving knight to foreign king
Join Date: Mar 2019
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Wastelanderr
Find More Posts by Wastelanderr