Divinity 2 Warning re Div 2

Ah! The Graphics option page scrolls - didn't see that! Turning off HDR does improve things a lot, but still not completely smooth. Under Windows 7, I don't seem to have a way of turning off hardware sound acceleration - apparently something to do with the way they now implement DirectSound. I think I'll just resort to the 'process priority hack' - that way I can run everything and it is quite playable (probably 30 fps @ 1600x1200 with most things on high). I kept shadows on, but at a lowish setting since turning them off makes everything too bright and happy ;-)

I'm quite enjoying things so far - was playing until 1AM last night *zzzzzz*

Booboo, I've found out something new regarding performance. Make sure that your timeslicing options (animations and shadows) are ENabled, not disabled.

Having it enabled actually improves performance and not the other way around, not sure if you had noticed it, because it seems rather counter-intuitive, and many people assume it to be the other way around.

As someone who has been critical - in part because I am affected by a critical bug - thank you very much for the frank comments. I still feel it's far too long to get fixes into people's hands but I understand your own frustration.

Re Divdiv remaster, can you please clarify the situation? I haven't seen any notice of a patch, so do your comments mean one is on the way, or we need to re-download an updated version from GoG or...?

I went to the gog forums and as far as I can tell no update has been released as of yet. Should be soon though.

Rather candidate responses.

Heh, I don't know what all the complaints are about, Div2 is far more polished now then it was when it was first released. ;) The lack of a CE version of the game for the US release is something that one can complain about though. :p (While I already bought the German CE version of the game, I will gladly purchase another, if one were to be made. )

Which brings me to my questions.
1) Are the same games transferrable across the versions? (I now also have a digital version of Div2 from Impulse) I'd try it myself, but I am still away from home right now. :(

2) As far as I know, Impulse usually don't add any extra "padding" to games that they offer (most of the games can be easily patched with retail patch). Is there some "easily overlooked" reason that I cannot seem to install the retail patch of Div 2 on the copy of div2 from Impulse?

thanks

Hey Folks, just realize that poor Lar has his own forums to supervise so questions here may not be answered for quite some time or ever. If someone is a regular at Larian they could link to the answers if they're feeling gracious. Though Lar spends time here daily, it's in a lurking manner; probably to get a pulse from the rpg gaming community. I'm not speaking for him, just guessing about his time limits on posting in these forums. I didn't want someone to get bent out of shape if Lar doesn't have time to answer their post.

I'm still extremely addicted to Fallout 3, but Div2 is my next game buy for sure. I want to support the Larianites. They're good folk.

Have my copy coming from Amazon, can't wait to play it!

Thanks for the post and update Lar !

I/we appreciate it :)

Warm Regards

I watch the Larian forums every day but I hadn't seen that the remastered DivDiv update was completed, which Lar seemed to imply.

Anyway, if anything is posted at Larian, in will be on the news page.

I bought the GoG divdiv version, but haven't got around to playing it yet. What is supposed to be wrong with it that it needs a patch?

I believe the DivDiv patch is to support extra resolutions, beyond either 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768. Especially useful for all us users how no longer have a CRT's and rely on LCD panels.

Shaf

The remastered version already supports extra resolutions, although apparently the patch adds more.

I haven't had time to play very far but I hear the remastered version can't be finished due to crashes and bugged quests.

I played over a dozen hours in DivDiv on my netbook without a single issue ...

And Lars - thanks for checking in. I have hit my first minor quest bug, so trivial it is almost humorous ... and contrasts with the otherwise awesome experience so far.

I believe you said you backed up your drive Crowin. Did it not back up your My Documents folder then?

Regardless, have you considered some forensics software? The save files may exist still. There is some very simple stuff to use out there - in fact, it should still use your file system.

Another thing, Windows 7 puts your previous windows files into a folder called Windows.old and your Users account should be in there.

Lucky, I moved the My Docs folder and other important folders (that weren't hidden) and then formatted my C drive (I had XP on it) before doing a clean install of Win 7.

It still may be there since its a clean install and I assume you haven't loaded up with 1000 programs.

Go to the DD forum over at GoG…. nearly every thread is a complaint about crashes, bugs, etc..

I guess I'm just lucky. No bugs, no crashes, no problems with old saves.

That's a simple rule : The majority - which has no problems - remains silent in forums or don't even registers there.

The people who complain are always those who complain … I mean, they wouldn't write a single word there if they had no problems at all.
With the exceptions of those who find a game so good they want to say "it's great" or "thank you" or so.

I see it like a silent herd of cattle vs. a few wolves. The wolves are the "loudest ones", so to say, and they get the most of the attention, although they remain - compared to the amount of individuals in a herd of cattle - the minority.

The herd, however, remains silent.

Go to the DD forum over at GoG…. nearly every thread is a complaint about crashes, bugs, etc..

I've played a little of it now and haven't encountered any kind of problem or bug. Maybe Mike and I are just lucky. :)

Quote from the Larian Boards:

I played the PC version… I saw videos of the 360 version and it looked to me to run MUCH better on the 360 (instant saves as opposed to the 40 second PC save).

Now games are estimated in their quality by how long the saving needs ?

:wall:

Back
Top Bottom