Which crpgs have you replayed or have the most hours?

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
Okay, Pladio said something that got me wondering:

What games do you replay the most often or which do you have the most hours played in? These aren't always exactly the same, but I have a list of favorites.

In number of hours played Skyrim wins on my Steam list. However, I've played Might and Magic VI, VII and even VIII at least once a year since they were released. Since I'm a completionist, I'd say a 100 hours for each play through. I probably played 7 through twice in 99 and at least once for the last 18 years. That's 2000 hours too, which matches my Steam hours in Skyrim.

Okay those would be my top two or four (if you count all 3 of the MM's above).

The rest of my list will be along the same lines:
MM3-replayed 10+
MM4-5-10+
Oblivion-5+
Two Worlds Two-5+
Fallout 3-5+
Fallout 4-2 already
FNV (not as good as Bethesda, but still good) 3 times
Exile 1-3 replayed several times
The Quest-I've already played this through 3 times since it hit the pc. It very much reminds me of MM3-5.

I'd love to read your lists. I obviously am a giant fan of First person perspective games.

Gotta be Skyrim, though I've never got more than half way through it. Early on, I thought that it had great potential, but was severely lacking in some ways, and really got into modding it. Learned a lot.

I don't have an hour count, as, like many of the modders, we hacked it to be independent of Steam to stop the auto updates from ruining our mod setups.

Yeah my count isn't exact either because of all the hours in "offline" mode. I also owned the GFWL version at first.

My highest replays from the get-go would probably be the Bard's Tales games, followed by the first four Wizardry products. After that, Might and Magic series, both Krondors at least a few times apiece, Daggerfall at least thrice, and the first three Fallout games a few times each.

hmm, my most played game is GW2, but that's a MMO.

I haven't really kept track of my total playtime until recently and Steam, GOG Galaxy, etc keeping the info for me.

DAI, MEA and Skyrim are all near 300 hours now.
But, I probably spent more time in DA:O, Morrowind and Oblivion, BG2, BG1 and Deus Ex, it's just that the time isn't tracked.

Wiz 8 Wiz 8 Wiz 8!

Did I mention Wiz 8 ?

Everywhere all the time. I'm not complaining, I like Wiz 8 too just not as much as you.

Ehh I didn't even factor in online games, my days in Everquest one and two would surpass most of my other games even combined. So, for this I simply ignored the online offerings that I've played.

Many hundreds of hours across Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim and FO3. Same for NWN. Funnily enough I don't really do replays, twice is the most I've done those games and ME1 comes to mind but that's about it. MMO's would be Warbirds, WW2OL and Eve Online, all back in the day though. ESO and TSW more recently but not as much as the previous three.

In my Steam library though top honors go to Tabletop Simulator and Spelunky. Life is geared more towards short gaming sessions these days. I also spend a lot of time in Tabletop Sim making stuff.

Gothic 2 - 3 times, once with NOTR
BG1 - 4 times but quit in the city on the first 3 passes once cursed
LOTRO - a frightening amount
Unreal (original game) - clan leader in the 90’s so a frightening amount
Skyrim - multiple partial play throughs but never completed main quest!

The Last Remnant - 3 times, over 500 hours. I really like that combat system!

Skyrim - 1 and two thirds times? 320 hours and the VR version is tempting me.

Mass Effect 1, twice. No hours recorded.

Ultima 2... I don't know, several times. I was a kid and couldn't afford to buy anything else plus it was the coolest game on the Apple ][+

Divinity: Original Sin 2, only played once but it took me 200 hours!

(City of Heroes probably had around 10,000 hours but that was as much about playing with friends as the game itself. Sure was a fun game, though!)

I tried to replay ME1 but I can’t repeat the Citidel. Almost made it but got bored

Lulz. I actually replayed ME1 so I could then play ME2 with a soldier character. That was the plan... Only got about 30 minutes into ME2 before getting distracted. ME2 still sitting on the virtual shelf.

I cannot ever know for sure as I never tracked time, but I believe FO2 replays took the most hours from me ever.
When it comes to cRPG. I was obsessed with retrying different setups for more than a decade there. Day after day, month after month, year after year and I've always been able to find something new, that's how awsome that game is. Was.

When it comes to something that isn't RPG, it's also impossible to know. No timer. Either it's Sims 3 or League of Legends. Also, weeks, months and years. Both.

When it comes to something that isn't c aka isn't computer game, it's Phoenix on arcades. I know, its stupid, but I was too young to know better back then. I was addicted. More than on any non c game on phones today. The thing is, once I got me C64, I stopped caring about arcades.
Handhelds? Consoles? That overpriced garbage always had a message: get off my property. Can't imagine me spending more than 2 seconds with that junk. And those seconds would be me tossing 'em in the trashcan.

I hardly ever replay games, so mine's a very short list.

Final Fantasy Tactics - Beaten 3 times, started at least 7 other games
BG 1 & 2 - Beaten both twice, started several other times
Gothic 2 - Twice

Games I beat once and started a second time:
Suikoden
Banner Saga
FO: NV
DA: O
Ogre Battle 64

I almost never replay games. From my memory, I think the first one I replayed was Hero's Quest (Quest for Glory 1) in 1989 . After that, hmm… hmm… like … hmm… I guess it's the only CRPG I've ever replayed!

My list of most replayed rpgs.

Gothic 1 & Gothic 2 gold: I don't even know how many times I've played these rpgs through with mods or no mods.
Deus Ex 1: I do yearly replay. Revision mod even gave new life to my beloved classic.
Baldur's gate 1 & 2: I just never seem to get tired of these party based rpgs. They are always on my HD just in case.
Kotor I & II: Everytime when I'm getting a star wars inch, I launch kotors.
Skyrim & Morrowind: I just keep coming back. There are no better open world games than these.
Fallout New Vegas: I think FNW is the most replayed fallout for me.
Dragon Age: Orgins is an other bioware classic, I don't seem to get tired of anytime soon.

I replayed Baldur's Gate 2 more than 50 times although I didn't keep track of hours played. Like Dez, I always keep it installed cause I never know when I will get an itch again!

I also play NWN 1 on regular basis - finished The Aielund Saga 5 times so far, eager to go back to it again, and HotU 3 times I think.

Edit: Forgot Stardew Valley!! I have 6 separate saves with 800+ hours on steam :)

These are the games I restart often but never get much far:
Skyrim
Dragon Age: Origins
Mass Effect 2

Last edited:
Well,

Heroes of Might and Magic 3, couldn't tell you how many hours, days weeks or is it years i have put in to this game. Plus back in the day making maps to play.

Then would have to be The Witcher 2 as I did 3 complete replays playing it out 3 different ways.(replayed The Witcher 1 3 times but it isn't as long. The witcher 3 1-1/2 times…that is a lot of hours so it might be second.

Skyrim, though a tons of that was seeing if I could get to the top of mountains …

Not sure Ultima 2 or 3 count, I was handed a copy of the game with no books or anything to figure it out, hours trying to figure out how to make spells. I lot of information came from disc doctor and looking at the code back when it was easy and simple to understand.

1. Baldur's Gate 1 - more then a dozen times, probably less then two dozens, with lots of different Mods; I guess half of them with Sword Coast Stratagems.
Reasons: The Exploration (different Mods lead to different Discoveries^^) and to see how different Party Compositions work.

2. Realms of Arcania I (DOS Version): I just love the Setting, and the Game offers enough Challenge that I don't get bored; and lots of Party Builds.

3. Dungeon Master - perfect Gameplay.

4. Eye of the Beholder I and II - good Gameplay, nice Atmosphere. Haven't played it much in the last 10 years, but a lot of times before (same for Master of Magic, but that isn't a RPG^^).

5. Storm of Zehir because of the very complex Party Creation.

6. Drakensang - River of Time - it is very nice.

7. Baldur's Gate 2 - good game and the Zero to ultimate Hero Story works for me.

8. Temple of Elemantal Evil - God, I love the Combat, the Rest is dull.

9. Icewind Dale I - Once again, trying different Party Builds from humble Beginnings to Epic Levels.

Back
Top Bottom