RPG Vaporware you really wish would materialize

Agreed on Age of Grit, I backed that one but they've been silent for along time.

I backed AoG as well. After they failed to reach their goal with the 2nd KS, the developer assured us the game would still be finished. If that's the case I really question why he set the goal higher than what the original KS raised. Perhaps an Indiegogo with flexible funding would've been a good idea as some extra funds are surely better than none. I don't really think that it's been abandoned though... it will probably just take forever as he's probably working on it in his spare time.

Well, speak of the devil :).

Another RPG which has been in development for years that I just thought of is Tortured Hearts. Not much recent news, though at least the developer occasionally posts new screenshots.

Came as a surprise to me today also that Age of Grit is still in active development.

The update is for backers and mentions the beta version.

* Thank you @TomRon for sending me the link.

That one literally fell right into Purgatory!!
No kidding it's to ambitious for a small studio.

At least it has a fully playable demo.

That's more then some of the failed projects ever had.

I never considered Dungeons of Aledorn to be discontinued or dead, or vaporware. Small indie studios have a problem with deadlines :biggrin::biggrin:

I'm quite happy they gave us some news. :)
Good attitude but when you set a date for release and never update, well lets just say it looks like vaporware, or a discontinued project. This is common with kickstarter lately.

Just look at Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord eight years with no release in sight.

Oh damn, I really hope M&B II does not become vaporware. Really looking forward to it. At least they already have a steam page that is not early access, so... that's a plus I guess? :D

Yup, updates from Aledorn and Project Phoenix today. Maybe they each really do have a pulse!!

Aledorn I wasn't sure about (and still isn't), but PP has never felt like a project that wouldn't be finished to me. That was hardly one of the pledges I regarded as risky. I sure hope I'm not wrong because it is my most anticipated Crowdfunded game currently in development, apart from WL3.

Project Phoenix was never canceled but one of their updates explained it was delayed for a few years. I believe it was 2017-19 or close enough it has been a few years.

Project Phoenix was never canceled but one of their updates explained it was delayed for a few years. I believe it was 2017-19 or close enough it has been a few years.

I obviously got confused yesterday, I was thinking of Phoenix Point, I just assumed that was the game Carnifex meant. Now after looking it up I realize they're two different games, my bad.

Back
Top Bottom