HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Bosshunting checked out Red Dead Redemption 2:

Review: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Of Red Dead Redemption 2

Game. Of. The. Year.
It's been a little over a week since Red Dead Redemption 2 hit the shelves and the hype is still showing no signs of slowing down. Having made a reported $1 billion AUD in its opening three days, RDR2 is the second biggest entertainment release of all time and also the best game you'll play this year. It's a monumental achievement in video game history and is well deserving of the praise its been receiving from critics, but the game is not without its faults.

Having spent too many hours over the past week glued to my television screen navigating protagonist Arthur Morgan through all manner of Wild West hijinks in my attempt to escape the law and build a better life for myself and my gang, I've experienced the highs and lows of RDR2. For those still deciding whether to purchase the game, here's a quick lowdown about everything that's good, bad and ugly with Red Dead Redemption 2.

[...]
More information.

Red Dead Redemption 2
Game. Of. The. Year.
Joxer
Queen.Mother.Of.England
Red Dead Redemption 2 is still one hell of a game and the most fun you can have on the couch without taking your clothes off.
I don't have a couch. Oh, fun on our couch?! Without taking clothes off? Should I try to visualize both options?

It's a shame that I'll apparently never play games like this, Last of Us, etc, as I do not intend to purchase a $300 game system just to experience them. I can't justify the cost in addition to a PC-- which does everything else I need along with games.

But man, it looks good and comes at the right time...

No relevance to me and don't care as its console only once again.:cool:
It's a shame that I'll apparently never play games like this, Last of Us, etc, as I do not intend to purchase a $300 game system just to experience them. I can't justify the cost in addition to a PC-- which does everything else I need along with games.

But man, it looks good and comes at the right time…
If I recall a working PS3 emulator is almost finished, and someone has started a PS4 emulator but its broken. You just have to buy or download the games on the internet.

Like others, I really enjoyed the first game but I'll be damned if I buy another console. I have a Ferrari computer, I don't need some Yugo several steps down weak wannabe computer-thingie.

But man, it looks good and comes at the right time…

It'll be on PC in 2019 or 2020. I'm 100% sure of that.

Last edited:
Can I quote you on that as the last game was never was despite many petitions.o_O

You can. The last game was launched way before PC gaming was so important as it is now to mainstream companies. Steam was not nearly as powerful in 2010, for instance. Now, they will get their chance to enhance the game, let the community create mods and sell it twice for console gamers.

You can. The last game was launched way before PC gaming was so important as it is now to mainstream companies. Steam was not nearly as powerful in 2010, for instance. Now, they will get their chance to enhance the game, let the community create mods and sell it twice for console gamers.
I hope so as RockStar once cared about the PC but switched to console first for more sales. Nowadays the PC plebs have to wait 2-4 years for a PC port. Sad it's this way.

I'd be very surprised if we don't see a PC version, now that long-term monetisation of the online side is a key part of their strategy. It would seem crazy not to open that up to the PC market. It's a different ballgame now.

It's a shame that I'll apparently never play games like this, Last of Us, etc, as I do not intend to purchase a $300 game system just to experience them.

Why? You can experience them for little to almost no cost by purchasing a used console and game(s), sell it for the same price (or more depending on if you got a good deal or not) in a few months. I do that all the time with stuff i want to check out.

I too would purchase this if it were on PC. Back when I had a console I enjoyed RDR1 a whole lot.

Why? You can experience them for little to almost no cost by purchasing a used console and game(s), sell it for the same price (or more depending on if you got a good deal or not) in a few months. I do that all the time with stuff i want to check out.

I actually did that when Mass Effect was released, as it was initially only an Xbox game. It was a lot of effort just to play a game, even if I recouped 70% of my money.

I actually did that when Mass Effect was released, as it was initially only an Xbox game. It was a lot of effort just to play a game, even if I recouped 70% of my money.

I wouldnt do it for 1 game perhaps, but like you said there's also other must-play games on the PS4 (last of us and the expansion are great for example).

Is there anything that really sets this game apart, or is it more or less just like the first game but with better graphics?

There is. If I understood right from a few vids.
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring side activities. Why? Too many "steps" to do stuff. Witness stopping is great once, annoying 78256786357463 times. Chore.

Unless bore-em-to-death designs get modded out when PC version appears, won't be buying it.

Just read some of the non-fanboy less than "10" ratings at Metacritic. Plenty of them ranging from Zeros to 5 points or so. You will see a lot of the same issues and complaints.

Super Clunky, feels like the main character has a refrigerator on his back at all times, horrible controls, not fun in general, empty boring world, boring repetitive missions, more like a really slow movie than an actual game, rockstar put in a bunch of stupid literal chores into the game that are boring as hell just like they are in real life - shave, eat, shower, clean your horse, clean your gun, whoooopeeee! what fun…. (sarcasm)

Back
Top Bottom