Bound By Flame - Combat Trailer

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Focus released a combat trailer today for Bound By Flame.

Find out everything there is to know about the combat system in Bound by Flame! The most ambitious RPG to date from developers Spiders studios is set for release on PlayStation®4, PlayStation®3, Xbox 360® and PC on May 9, 2014, and we can now unveil a video dedicated to the Bound by Flame combat system!

The spectacular and highly tactical battles in Bound by Flame present a real challenge to players... so rashly plunging headlong into the melee is the shortest way to the load saved game menu!

The video comprises numerous gameplay sequences and a detailed commentary describes the combat system and game mechanics that work in synergy: from the various options available to the player in the skill trees (Warrior, Ranger and Pyromancer) to choosing your companions, the variety in the impressive bestiary, the crafting system that enables you to customize your equipment and the player's human/demon duality, which will have a strong influence on your combat strategy.

Bound by Flame will be available on PlayStation®4, PlayStation®3, Xbox 360® and PC on May 9, 2014.

More information.

i was just thinking.. who in his right mind would schedule his game next to Dark Souls

The one who knows there are plenty of us who are not interested in grinding and console ports.

Too bad Steam says:
Coming soon
This item is not yet available.
I wanted to preorder it.

Oh love that trailer.

I look forward to do some crafting, and working with companions - Mars War Logs nostalgia..

For those not following the development, you will be able to choose between a male or a female character at the beginning, and there will be a bit of mob-respwns (Joxer ;)) since you will be able to traverse previously completed zones.

If it's anything like Mars war logs it will be much easier and not really in the same league as DS2.

That's not really a bad thing as it will attract a different crowd and not have to directly compete. Also it's available on ps4, unlike DS2.

I'll be getting despite some disappointment with there being no roll.

Another combat trailer for this game? :)

Well, Spiders have talent, but they also have publisher who wants to sell so… :)

I am looking forward to this. I played Mars War Logs a couple months ago and this looks like a return to a fantasy setting.

I don't know how much of an overlap it will be with DS2, this comes out 2 weeks after, even longer if you consider the console version which has been out a while already. I know I will probably be getting both.

I have not followed this game at all. Is it really for PC? The video shows console. Im over console ports for 2014 already.

The one who knows there are plenty of us who are not interested in grinding and console ports..

I don't get what you mean because this is certainly a console port, no?? It's for the 360/PS3/PS4 and PC but it's not a port with console-focused gameplay?

The trailer looked bad to me. I saw poor kinetics, animations with poor/no transitions, hack & slash combat and progression looked linear. Also the voice-over seemed to state the obvious in any RPG while saying in a dramatic salesman tone came across as cliche'.

If you enjoyed playing Spiders previous RPG games you will enjoy Bound By Flame. If you hated them move on, and don't buy it as nothing will be different.
Faery: Legends of Avalon
Of Orcs and Men
Mars: War Logs
I enjoyed all of their earlier RPGs so I'm biased, and I really don't care. Some of us don't mind budget RPGs, and have no problem playing them. ^^

clunky, boring combat. looks like another generic action pseudo-rpg. pass

clunky, boring combat. looks like another generic action pseudo-rpg. pass

Hmm, seem to me on the same level as the combat in the Witcher 2 and Dark Souls, and of course an improvement of the excellent combat in Mars War Logs.

They have not shown much of the rpg elements yet, but I would suspect it would be at the least at the same level as their previous excellent rpgs.

Looks interesting.... I liked the scene that showed in slow motion a two handed sword swing scrolling the various types of weapon available.

The one who knows there are plenty of us who are not interested in grinding and console ports.

Too bad Steam says:
Coming soon
This item is not yet available.
I wanted to preorder it.

PREORDERED!
They've finally unlocked it.

-15% on Steam, means 34€
http://store.steampowered.com/app/243930/

——

And Steam quoted this:
“Bound by Flame is like Mass Effect set in a Medieval fantasy world”
GAMESRADAR
Ooh, we get medieval Mako, medieval shadow broker and medieval green, blue, red choice!
Weeeeeeeeee, I'm so excited.

Wait… Maybe they ment we get medieval DLC mania. >:O

-

Oddly, although Steam says quotes it's like ME, below it, you see this:

ab191x.jpg

Ehm.. Excuse me. Those three entries are not MassEffect.
First game is not RPG at all. Right? And if it'll be as boring as Oblivion is…
Where do I cancel my preorder?!
Okay, okay, I'll calm down, Kotor can still save the day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom