Bevontule - 30% funded

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Bevontule Kickstarter is 30% funded - OnlySP made a video preview:

Content Tourism: Bevontule's Cocktail of Influence

Bevontule is the debut game from the tiny indie team at Multithreaded Games. The project has lived in various forms for more than 20 years, and it's currently seeking funding on Kickstarter. OnlySP's Matthew Falconer took an extended look at the demo of the game.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Thanks for the share! We're still chugging away--I'd be happy to answer any questions or address any feedback you fine folks might have!

Hmm, did they ever show cities, trading, treasure chest looting, alchemy, crafting, etc? Every time I see a vid it shows the same boring combat stuff that was in the game 18 months ago. Combat is very simple. What else is there? Ooh lookie, circles and fighting.

Non-combat, non-combat, non-combat. Show a whole interesting video without a fight or skills/abilities. Show a world....

Hmm, did they ever show cities, trading, treasure chest looting, alchemy, crafting, etc? Every time I see a vid it shows the same boring combat stuff that was in the game 18 months ago. Combat is very simple. What else is there? Ooh lookie, circles and fighting.

Non-combat, non-combat, non-combat. Show a whole interesting video without a fight or skills/abilities. Show a world….

You do realize there was a large town in our very first demo, right? The one that you played in summer of 2016?

Yeah, I just saw a bunch of combat circles (again) and buildings with a ton of empty areas. I meant people: traders, skill trainers, alchemists, shoppers, quest givers etc. Every video has the circles and the combat, the most boring part of any game, imo.

40% with 10 days to go means that they didn't sell it well enough. I feared that way back when I saw the demo in 2016. I tried to convince them that a living economy and world were necessary for their game. Wanna make good money? Build a living, breathing world first and tack combat on at the end.

The combat is fine, there just needs to be more than that to lure people's hard-earned money.

Back
Top Bottom