Shadowrun Returns - 33% Off on Steam

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Steam is offering Shadowrun Returns for 33% off for the next two days.

Daily Deal - Shadowrun Returns, 33% Off

MAN MEETS MAGIC & MACHINE. The year is 2054. Magic has returned to theworld, awakening powerful creatures of myth and legend. Technology merges with flesh and consciousness. Elves, trolls, orks and dwarves walk among us, while ruthless corporations bleed the world dry. You are a shadowrunner - a mercenary living on the fringes of society, in the shadows of massive corporate arcologies, surviving day-by-day on skill and instinct alone. When the powerful or the desperate need a job done, you get it done… by any means necessary.

In the urban sprawl of the Seattle metroplex, the search for a mysterious killer sets you on a trail that leads from the darkest slums to the city’s most powerful megacorps. You will need to tread carefully, enlist the aid of other runners, and master powerful forces of technology and magic in order to emerge from the shadows of Seattle unscathed.

The unique cyberpunk-meets-fantasy world of Shadowrun has gained a huge cult following since its creation nearly 25 years ago. Now, creator Jordan Weisman returns to the world of Shadowrun, modernizing this classic game setting as a single player, turn-based tactical RPG.
More information.

Last edited:
Depends on who you ask... Personally, I think it's pretty weak - and I don't think it was worth buying, but it's no big deal.

However, a lot of people seemed to enjoy it quite a bit.

I enjoyed it, but before I replay it or fire it up again for fun, they need to have a real save feature. Periodic saves just don't work for me, I find it a lazy design flaw better left to consoles.

Guess maybe I'm used to many console games but I enjoyed the game and didn't mind the periodic saves. Anyway, it looks like the new save system should come out with the Berlin expansion.

Save anywhere / load anywhere is also a horrible system.

However the worst is if you cannot quit and save at anytime you want. This is a must for any game IMHO.

Save anywhere / load anywhere is also a horrible system.

However the worst is if you cannot quit and save at anytime you want. This is a must for any game IMHO.

How can you reconcile those 3 sentences GG?

Wow, that didn't appear so confusing when I wrote it.

Save / Load anywhere takes away any challenge / excitement from a game.

Diablo has an okay system for this, Dark Souls has a very good system. Both these games you can quit at any time but keep all your progress, however there is some punishment if you die.

If I hadn't had 3 cups of coffee I think I might have failed to understand that as well! =p. And ya, I'm ok with some punishment if you die in the course of a game, but having to redo areas simply because I had to answer the phone or help someone is just ridiculous. So, I prefer a proper save system.

well, for answering the phone to help someone there should be a pause function obviously.

Agree with you there GG, that is how I would prefer save systems to be in general. The save/load anywhere takes a lot away from the thrill.

But you should be able to at least quit and continue where you left if you have to...Like just about any game with an Ironman mode.

Wow, that didn't appear so confusing when I wrote it.

Save / Load anywhere takes away any challenge / excitement from a game.

Diablo has an okay system for this, Dark Souls has a very good system. Both these games you can quit at any time but keep all your progress, however there is some punishment if you die.

Does such a save system really remove the challenge or excitement? Or does the lack of self control to only save at the beginning of an area make it so? I really don't see save/load anywhere system taking any challenge out of a game unless you do it yourself.

If few saves is something people want to put on their trophy shelf make it an achievement, add auto save at key points, and also allow saving where ever. A "hard mode" option could also disable saving wherever. Also, as you mention save on exit works pretty well.

uh, this game is pretty awesome, especially at that discounted price point. anyone who says otherwise is just Dart with 200k posts of spambot drivel.

I thought Shadowrun was just average. Not terrible but not very good either.

It had the potential to be much better than it was. The extreme linearity is what brought it down for me. The game is literally on rails.

DArtagnan is still just a Padawan.

He's nearly ready though, and soon I will unleash him to spread semantics across the galaxy. :mwahaha:

Rare are the times I've felt something as powerful as the pride I feel right now ;)

Back
Top Bottom