Dragon Age - Toolset Videos

A quick view of the creatures video doesn't show much. "Darkspawn" come in two varieties - one that looks like and orc or goblin (he's really impressed by the deatil of his own orc but I don't know why), the other like some sort of ghoul. But those are the only two - I assume there's a lot more variety of monsters there are are going to be there.

The only thing he's showed us is adding inventory in the form of a weapon and a shield and it only gave two options, although he said he'll talk more about that later. I'll assume it will be like NWN where you can add feat, etc. attributes to gain proficiencies. I'd be surprised if sword and mace were all that it could potentially carry. The sword and shield are carried on the back which looks cool.

Faction has been split up into two categories: faction and team. Faction, like NWN, has to do with reactions to other creatures and looks to be split up into Friendly, Hostile, and PC and maybe one more I didn't catch.

Team is like a group tag. Bio wrote some code for groups in NWN but it was seldom useful. With a team tag you can easily do subcategories of factions without getting in the way of reactions or possibly affecting global attitudes. This seems a lot more useful and can keep you from being tripped up. I can also see it being useful for some sort of Multiplayer in the future.

One key is he doesn't show any actual manipulating of the Darkspawn creatures, just changing inventory. There's no indication of any dynamic armor, skin or size adjustment. If this is all we get it will look repetitive.

Back
Top Bottom