Kickstarter Games - The Best

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Gamepressure lists the best recent Kickstarter projects:

The best of crowdfunding – what's interesting on Kickstarter these days

The glory days of crowdfunding are a thing of the past – which doesn’t mean that nobody’s willing to help fund ambitious undertakings anymore. Here’s a selection of the most interesting crowdfunding projects of the last several months.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Yet they included PoE2 and Phoenix Point, which were not on Kickstarter. Still, there's some decent-looking games in that list.

Well it depends if you are talking about kickstarter the brand or kickstarter as in crowdfunding. Clearly they are using the later term.

They said both "crowdfunding" and "Kickstarter" in the title, so clearly they meant the brand. But no matter. :)

This is crazy...MMO on Kickstarter? This is exactly what will ruin it.

Some MMO fans have high hopes for a few of the MMO kickstarter projects. We need to wait for the bigger ones to get released. I think this summer or fall will see the first big kickstarter MMO's released.

I didn't understand the obsession with MMOs in the first place, couldn't understand numerous tries to make WoW killer, still can't understand how it's even possible Maple Story, cheaters' paradise, earns a billion per year, etc.
Every single one is the same as another, whatever people find in a MMO so interesting to play it for a decade and more escapes me. Not to mention you depend on a server, once it's shutdown, your game's gone for good.

Perhaps I just don't have time for another job, a job that doesn't pay but surely empties your wallet.

If people want to crowdfund MMO's let them. I'll care about as much as I do for FPS or platformers. Nothing.

Yeah I know people that play multiple online games, and I've no idea how they manage to do it. I've stuck with one since '04, that being Everquest Two....when Pantheon comes out I'll likely switch to that one, and that will be the sole one for me.

...Every single one is the same as another, whatever people find in a MMO so interesting to play it for a decade and more escapes me.
Maybe because they don't find every single one of them being the same as another. When I play MMO's it's mostly LOTRO and the Secret World, both have quite unique settings (Haven't checked the new TSW).

Not to mention you depend on a server, once it's shutdown, your game's gone for good...
Well, then I've had my decade of fun. So I'm not especially troubled by that.

pibbur who mostly plays single player games.

Ruin KickStarter or the MMO?

pibbur who may be dense, but is just asking.

Well, aren't these things crazy expensive ( and risky), even for big publishers? To make and maintain?
If these big projects start crashing, it may end up with negative consequences even for smaller indie projects, with greater viability.

Well, aren't these things crazy expensive ( and risky), even for big publishers? To make and maintain?
If these big projects start crashing, it may end up with negative consequences even for smaller indie projects, with greater viability.

I was a bit unsure what you meant. Now I understand. And I agree.

pibbur who still may be dense

This is crazy…MMO on Kickstarter? This is exactly what will ruin it.

Crossing fingers MMO will be ruined, where pledge to achieve it?

If there's a genre that dragged down single player video games it's this genre. Firstly it eat life of a huge amount of players so they have not much time to play anything else. Secondly MMO promoted value of amount of content, grinding, routine activities, at depends of quality, gameplay fun, activities offering an interesting gameplay.

So MOO ruin would be a bless for the whole gaming, from industry to players and indies.

Yeah I know people that play multiple online games, and I've no idea how they manage to do it. I've stuck with one since '04, that being Everquest Two….when Pantheon comes out I'll likely switch to that one, and that will be the sole one for me.

I played DAOC a fair bit back in the day, and WoW when in beta. Tried Warhammer online when it arrived but thankfully I met my wife around the same time so my priorities shifted...

Best recent KS games for me would include: Sacred Fire, Vigilantes, Battletech, and Copper Dreams. And Forged of Blood; which sadly didn't make its goal.

I didn't understand the obsession with MMOs in the first place

I played Eve Online for 7 years straight. There is something to be said for coordinating 60 people in a battle of hundreds to protect your part of the solar system from the Russians and Chinese at 2AM. Lots of good times were had.

The only one I'm interested is POE 2 from that list...and it seems to have become fashionable to knock crowdfunding and kickstarter, but I have been very pleased with all my backed games so far. No regrets, and I'm ready to back future old school rpgs, as long as they look to be the creme of the crop. Graphics are important, you better believe it. Aesthetics of a game is one of the key selling points for me, that is more than graphics of course, but artistic design, setting design, interface design, overall presentation - does the game look beautiful? Then I'm interested. Maybe I'm so pleased about crowdfunding because I'm picky and only back the top tier looking games. (Wasteland 2, Divinity: OS 1 and 2, for example)

Back
Top Bottom