Encased - Patch 3 Delayed & Dev Update

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Dark Crystal tweeted that the much expected "content patch" was postponed to next month. They also released a new dev update video.

Employees, the release of the new patch is postponed to mid-January for technical reasons.

However, we still have a little surprise for you this year. The new development update is live! Find out how the world of Encased will change.

More information.

Yeah, I've been waiting for what seems quite a bit, it won't hurt much to wait for the cooking to complete. It might give me a chance to get into that back-log!

There was a small update today but it didn't contain much information, so I'm just going to add this here.

CRONUS Weekly 2022
[. . .]

New locations and completely redesigned cars

One of the main changes of the patch will be the new locations; the Fallen Fortress and the Mysterious Caves. Here you will find new enemies, equipment, treasures and mysteries of the wastelands.

And you will be able to drive away with those riches on completely redesigned transport: you can repair or blow up any vehicle under the Dome and these repaired cars can be used as a personal vehicle. There will be a place to park them in each location.

Additional settings

Players with large monitors will appreciate the new contrast mode and the long-awaited ability to change the font size. You no longer have to strain your eyes to read any text again. Another change - which will please owners of gamepads - is that we fully adapted the interface and added support for hotkeys.

And we’re always in the market to hear your suggestions to improve the game; we’ll try to add what we can.

Pretty cool that they're adding new locations and enemies, equipment, etc, along with the usual bugfixes. Most developers would have turned that into paid DLC.

I'm slightly concerned when I see those news, because I'm really hoping they put more content in the quests to balance the last part of the game. And from what I see, it's as if they only added more superficial stuff here and there.

But we'll see when it's updated.

Nod, these adjustments/changes only reinforce my current habits of waiting until a game is fully cooked before venturing in. All in all it's likely a good thing, as the consumers get a better product at the end, assuming they don't mind waiting a bit for it.

Back
Top Bottom