Two Worlds II - Screens @ Worthplaying

Yet they look better then risen.

Yet they look better then risen.

Mayhap thou dost thinketh me knowest thou be beglittered and begone? ;)

Personally, unlike Risen, those look more like 'bullshots' to me!

This time, I concur. I clearly remember seeing the first Two Worlds screenshots and then seeing the real game. I was disappointed. You have to take these screenshots with a bit of cinematographic salt, because they might be in-game but they're also always shot from the "best side." In other words, I thought the screenshots looked a hell of a lot better than the actual game.

Forsooth! Thou hast indeed unmasked craven bullshots.

LOL

But TW was a fun romp of a game and I'm ready for numero dos!

I agree, there was lot of fun to be had with TW, as long as you didn't take it too seriously. Of course I don't know how good the latter part of the game is because I still haven't played that deep into it.

These are old.
These are from Two Worlds Temptation.
How cheap of them to recycle them and claim them as Two Worlds II

They look pretty good, but I'm more interested in how they've improved dialogue/story than anything else.

They look pretty good, but I'm more interested in how they've improved dialogue/story than anything else.

That was what I was alluding to - I didn't mind the TW graphics, even when playing again recently ... but the story / dialogue / acting were not so great ...

That was what I was alluding to - I didn't mind the TW graphics, even when playing again recently ... but the story / dialogue / acting were not so great ...

No it was an odd experience.

The gameplay had some interesting aspects, even if it struck me as extremely unbalanced and exploitable. But sometimes I like that in a singleplayer game :)

But it was close enough to being good, that I'll keep a close eye on TW2. We just don't get enough open world CRPGs for me to ignore something like this.

Remind me if TW2 will have a "true" co-op mode. As in, the singleplayer game playable in cooperative mode?

I've been dreaming of a LAN-based free roamer for many years :)

Same here. The first hours of playing Two Worlds were laborious ( as it has been said : odd animations, strange feeling about the main character movements, bad acting & dialogues, etc... ) but I eventually enjoyed the rest of this game until the end.
So a "better" Two Worlds is something I'm waiting for, even though I'm not as eagerly waiting it as I am about Risen.

And yes, these screenshots, even if they do not picture the actual TW2, were very probably modified by hand.

Remind me if TW2 will have a "true" co-op mode. As in, the singleplayer game playable in cooperative mode?

I've been dreaming of a LAN-based free roamer for many years :)

Yes. Two Worlds 2 has a co-op mode for up to 8 players. You can do a lot more things together than just roaming and fighting ;-)

There is also a PVP mode.

As a whole, I enjoyed TW. What I found irritating and mildly disappointing was the cornball dialog and writing. I also think the game had some balancing problems -- main character too weak and overwhelmed at times and virtually God-like at others.

I recall using Poison Cloud to lay waste to just about anything I wanted.

At first, I liked the idea of upgrading the power items by combining two similar weapons, for example, to get one improved result. Mix that with a bit of gaming OCD, however, and my game just turned into a series of trips back and forth to my "storage depot". Not much fun.

Back
Top Bottom