RIP Gamebanshee?

Nephologist

Keeper of the Watch
I haven't been able to connect to Gamebanshee is close to two days. Is this the end???

I just tried it, and it seems down. I don't go there any more, but I used to back in the day. It was a pretty good site back in its heyday, too bad if its gone.

It's great for walkthroughs I've found. Also, has detailed information for metagaming, like skills, spells etc., for most RPG out there. I've only used it for those two things.

I've used Gamebanshee quite recently. Within the last month in fact when I was finishing up my playthrough of Arcanum. I used it many times in the past as well to look up things about Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, ToEE, etc.

I hope it's not down for good. That would be a real shame.

The sites not gone as they updated the website this week. That of course brings a few problems, as RPGWatch had last year. So the site will be back at some point.:)

I actually forgot all about that site... Thanks for reminding me now that it's down :(

The last time I visited that site was when Brother None made some review on a game or something.
It was more than 2 years ago and the site organization looked horrible.

If it's gone for good, I won't be missing it.

I would. Gamebanshee has walkthroughs for a bunch of rpgs and their English is much better than other walkthrough sites. I don't use them for anything else really, but would miss their databases.

Yeah I'd miss them. They have some great info and walkthroughs on older games like Pool of Radiance.

I frequent them often for their guides and walkthroughs, so I hope they are not gone for good.

Yup. When I played Wiz8 for the first time and got utterly lost in Trynton for DAYS...
when you need to buy a certain plant from a merchant, and eat it in a certain room, never would have guessed the game is that hard to figure out
That's the first time I used a walkthrough in my life... and it was GameBanshee

This is what their last Facebook post stated on April 8:

Hi everyone, we debuted a new design and some architectural upgrades to GameBanshee earlier this week, and those changes introduced problems with our database that made the site very slow and entirely unresponsive at times.
We made the decision to take the site offline to address these issues, and unfortunately working with a database that contains 17 years' worth of content is a little unwieldy, so things are taking longer than we'd like them to. We will be back online as soon as we can - thanks for your patience!

yep, with a spiffy new look too.

Back
Top Bottom