Gothic Remake - Steam Page Up

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Steam page for Gothic Remake is now available which has some screenshots.

ss_3e3df90a5b9d310c0bde373d8b9a528f21c8aa94.1920x1080.jpg

The Kingdom of Myrtana has been invaded by an implacable horde of orcs.

King Rhobar II, in need of a large quantity of magical ore in order to forge powerful weapons, operates the Khorinis mines with all available prisoners. To prevent them from escaping, the monarch asks his best magicians to create a magical barrier. But something goes wrong. The magic gets out of control and a mutiny turns the mines into a wild territory now controlled by the most violent prisoners.
The King is forced to negotiate with the new owners, while the tension between the different factions of the mines increases. What no one expects is that the arrival of an unknown prisoner will change absolutely everything.

FEATURES

• Faithful full remake of the original Gothic 1
  • Modernized combat system that takes the basic premises of the original combat system to the modern age
  • Return to The Colony, in a full blow remake of the popular and revolutionary game Gothic from 2001. Rediscover the world of the mining colony, its secrets and challenges
  • Play as the Nameless Hero - Manage the fate of a lifetime convicted prisoner who must survive in a world of wild animals, creatures and convicts of dangerous reputation.
More information.

Day one purchase and play for me. I'm also not a Gothic purist so don't care if it's not the same. It will probably release late 2021 or 2022. Hope it doesn't go Early Access.

Anyway I predict a lot of negative review bombing due to old time fans.:p

looks good in those ss, they kept the greyish sad feeling

Although I'm just one stubborn Gothic fanatic, I think this projects seems quite interesting. Of course it is inevitable that I'm going to nitpick it a lot, but if their heart is in the right place and they manage to replicate the feeling of being inside my beloved colony once again, I'm ready to keep an open mind as well.

In my opinion there is plenty of room for interpretation. Dialog, events, characters and quests shouldn't just be copied over. There should be a lot of familiar things, but there has to be also a clear vision and good understanding of what Gothic is about.

I wouldn't mind if they even expanded the original vision somewhat. The arena for instance in the old camp should be a place where the player would want to return every now and then. And I hope our four friends for instance have more to say during later chapters and not just repeat one sentence…

If this is a remake, they likely want to recreate the important plot elements, characters and story events, but with modern technology, there is plenty of room for improvement.

In any case I wish them a lot of luck and I keep my fingers crossed that they'll do justice for the Gothic setting. :)

looks good in those ss, they kept the greyish sad feeling

Yeah, I didn't have a problem with the visuals in the demo, although it could have used a little less bloom. The world looked pretty good for the most part, and atmosphere was there. I didn't think the music was nearly as good as what's in the original though.

I hope the dialogue and combat systems are significantly different from what was in that demo. Those were easily the weakest aspects imo.

Fingers crossed it sells and part two and three get the same treatment.:fingerscrossed:

I'll likely pick this up once it's fully out and properly vetted by many others, first. I hope they nail it, the bar will be set fairly high for this remake.

Is there any news if they are going to use the original Kai Rosenkranz music or come up with their own? I think Kai's music, at least for me, was part of the whole Gothic experience.

Is there any news if they are going to use the original Kai Rosenkranz music or come up with their own? I think Kai's music, at least for me, was part of the whole Gothic experience.

The teaser demo featured some of the music they're using, and it's not bad imo.

It's not as good as Rosenkranz's stuff, but that's a tough act to follow.

Cool, I'm stoked about this.

I was contemplating a new Gothic run in the next year or so, I might just have to wait for this

Tho i have to say that they immediately contradict the first bullet point :biggrin:

- Faithful full remake of the original Gothic 1
- Modernized combat system that takes the basic premises of the original combat system to the modern age

Man, stop giving me nightmares!

Yeah, lots of room to screw that up although tbh, combat wasn't my favorite part of Gothic anyway.

Combat in the original isn't great, but it's a hell of a lot better than what was in that teaser demo. I'm interested in seeing what kind of system they come up with because they're surely not keeping that one.

Day one purchase and play for me. I'm also not a Gothic purist so don't care if it's not the same. It will probably release late 2021 or 2022. Hope it doesn't go Early Access.

Anyway I predict a lot of negative review bombing due to old time fans.:p

Fingers crossed it sells and part two and three get the same treatment.:fingerscrossed:

An interesting set of posts from you here @Couchpotato; .

On the one hand you're implying that people automatically assuming it's going to be rubbish are some specific group that you are pre-emptively characterising as morons.

While on the other hand you are yourself implying an automatic assumption of favourability and that the 'intelligent' thing to happen here is for everyone to react with extreme positivity and instant opening of wallets, sight unseen.

If I flicked a coin would I find the same head on both sides? One with a smiley face and one with a frowny face?

How's about people just wait till it comes out before making any kind of magnanimous decision? A bizarre suggestion, I know, but these are bizarre times I guess.

I'm rather curious about this as well.

If I don't hear this tune while walking through the Old Camp, it's not going to work for me:

Back
Top Bottom