Elex 2 Elex 2 Discussion

To each his own I guess. I don't think PB will ever be a BioWare in terms of narration, but they don't need to be. They're stronger in other aspects that I care more about. ME being a decade old is irrelevant because that series still had a larger budget than what PB is working with.

Personally, I'd be pretty disappointed if PB suddenly started focusing on things like that rather than what they've always been good at. I play their games for the exploration and atmosphere not the writing.

I saw someone mention this on another forum earlier today. Idk if I trust it though until it's officially announced. This would be the third different release date "leaked". Hopefully it'll be confirmed on Gamestar.

It will be interesting to see how much attention (outside of the PB fan bubble) ELEX 2 is going to receive. March 1st means it will be releasing shortly after Horizons Forbidden West (PS5 only) and Elden Ring as well as right after some other blockbusters slated for February like Dying Light 2 and Total War: Warhammer 3.

Yeah, I'm a little annoyed by the proximity to DL2 and Elden Ring since those are both games I'm looking forward to playing. It looks like I'll have some decisions to make as far as which game(s) I'll have to hold off on playing right away.

I'm actually glad now that Horizon Forbidden West will be a PS5 exlusive for awhile.

Finally! A date! I can work with that. I have to plan this, as it's a day 1 game for me. Without a shadow of a doubt. Excellent news.

@Moriendor seems you were right about a 2022 release.

Just another game on a very long list that got pushed back till next year.

Not even a good date with the various competition.:)

As a German speaking guy, I feel that the English trailer actually has the better voice acting and a more interesting narration.

You mean the German version is even worse? :)

Cheesy acting aside, it looks good to me. I'm surprised though that all three of the factions from the first game are back. Iirc, it was originally reported that it would be two of the three?

Tsk..tsk..more German coverage instead of English as usual PB. You never change.:roll:

Thanks for the link though.:thumbsup:

- You will be able to switch factions at least once during the game.

That's new for a PB game, but I like that it'll be an option. I wonder if it's at a certain point in the story or something we can do whenever we make the decision.

- Flying was originally not planned as a feature but it felt decent during development so they decided to keep it in

I wasn't sold on the flying at first, but I've warmed to it after seeing more footage. If the aerial combat is decent, it could be interesting.

@Moriendor; Thanks for relating all that. Everything sounds good. (Except for the work that was put into romances :roll:)

Financially, sure. But timewise? Nah. I rarely play anything else concurrently with a FromSoft game.

I rarely play anything concurrently with any RPG and definitely not another RPG. For me, it's going to be a "wait and see" situation. Depending on how much gaming time I end up having in Feb, I might not even be finished with Dying Light 2 before Elden Ring is released.

Bjoern said that companion content has about doubled compared to ELEX and it is now more interwoven with the main plot.
That's great news for me.

Also the factionless path seems intriguing. I normally played magic users and thus was more or less forced in Elex I to join the Clerics whom I didn't like at all.
So it would be great if the Clerics aren't dicks again or you can learn magic in every faction or in the factionless path.

Also the factionless path seems intriguing. I normally played magic users and thus was more or less forced in Elex I to join the Clerics whom I didn't like at all.
So it would be great if the Clerics aren't dicks again or you can learn magic in every faction or in the factionless path.

If you like magic, why didn't you join the Berserkers?

Well, clerics are kind of a boring class, traditionally. I mean, they heal stuff. Not the most exciting thing in the world in a fantasy setting. lol

That said, I always make a cleric who is all about healing in party based rpgs. None of this branching out stuff, healing exclusively is the focus, I like the class played in that way, in a party of characters.

How Elex 2 will handle Clerics, I have no idea. Since its single character based, they should spice it up, you would think so anyway.

I didn't like how Elex (1) disincentivized joining any other faction than the Berserkers by making it take so much longer to be eligible to join anyone else.

Well, clerics are kind of a boring class, traditionally. I mean, they heal stuff. Not the most exciting thing in the world in a fantasy setting. lol

That said, I always make a cleric who is all about healing in party based rpgs. None of this branching out stuff, healing exclusively is the focus, I like the class played in that way, in a party of characters.

Sounds like you didn't play Elex 1. In Elex, Clerics are all about technology and they consider themselves as the true successors of the pre-apocalypse government.

I didn't like how Elex (1) disincentivized joining any other faction than the Berserkers by making it take so much longer to be eligible to join anyone else.

It made the game easier to start, which is something PB games are often blamed for. I guess that's why they decided to make it this way.

Back
Top Bottom