Elex 2 Elex 2 Discussion

^ WTF? The Clerics only have TWO skills or skill categories? That sounds like a pretty boring progression :) . Or maybe we are just seeing the basic level at first and you only get to see the full tree after joining the faction? But that would still seem very unbalanced with regard to the other factions who have a lot more variety.

I'm guessing there's probably more than meets the eye there. PB has always been pretty good with having a balance of skills among different factions.

I'm interested in finding out more about the Morkons. They look like a splinter group of Outlaws to me. Also, wasn't that Nasty with them in the factions trailer?

I have to say though, PB is terrible at naming things/characters. Morkons? Skyands? Who comes up with this shit? :)

I didn't like how Elex (1) disincentivized joining any other faction than the Berserkers by making it take so much longer to be eligible to join anyone else.

They really didn't though. They just needed to place one faction closer to where the player starts out for obvious reasons. The factions are different enough that most people are going to have a pretty clear idea of who they want to be fairly early on.

It was tough in Risen before you joined a faction, but after that you could do the harder content.
But in Elex it wasn't just about distance, but also a lot of level and stat gates and hinderances. It was easier for me with the zone gating from Risen - each faction had their island in Risen 3 and in Risen 1 it felt like all quests were adjusted according to your chosen path - if you wanted to be a mage, you went to a city and did the few quests for the local priest - all of those quests there were easier than when you went there as a soldier of the order. I think it was because of those chapters.
But I was unable to join clerics in Elex (I missed the kidnapping)
And the level/stat gating in everything - did they get rid of it in Elex 2?

And the level/stat gating in everything - did they get rid of it in Elex 2?

Are you talking about stat requirements for weapons? I assume there will still be requirements, but it's been mentioned that your stats will also affect damage output. i.e higher strength means more damage in melee, etc. That's how it worked in Gothic/Risen but not in Elex 1 for some reason.

But I was unable to join clerics in Elex (I missed the kidnapping)

You could join them by just going there as well.

Really ? Clerics told me to go away at the gate - I will have to re-read some guide about it.
Nothing against stats requirements, what I meant is how a bit random it was and how high - it was so hard to create a build for me - I will have to search for some guides again if I want to try again.
And the levels - like players do want hard non scalable mobs in tough areas, but during a quest for smugglers before gates of clerics - the level of those ordinary mobs I was suppose to kill was too high - it was level of whole zone maybe?
But I'm glad stats will mean something again.

EDIT:
I just loved the freedom of Risen island with chapters levels - I know it wasn't realistic, but I could really join anyone, even city mages if I wanted to. And the city was still harder for me when I arrived on higher level.
I don't know how to solve that in a different way than scalling based on where you are at the story - if those are entry quests. Then you can be noob, live in a city and still being able to do something there?

Sounds like you didn't play Elex 1. In Elex, Clerics are all about technology and they consider themselves as the true successors of the pre-apocalypse government.

If I recall correctly, I tried a demo out for a bit, but you are correct sir, basically I didn't really play the game at any sort of length.

The real question then is why didn't a known PB supporting site like the Watch get one as well? :) Catering to the peasants is NOT the way to go when the cognoscenti are available!! :D

Meh not surprised as the Codex has a larger user-base and insider connections.:)

I feel like it might of been better if there was an NPC for the outlaws/clerics that led you in the right direction if you wanted to join one of those. Or maybe they could at least describe how to get there. It could be gated behind an appropriately themed quest for the faction as well - there was already a few of these in Goliat.

ELEX 2 (English version!) is currently being streamed live on Twitch by a guy named CohhCarnage.
He's a big rpg player. Finished all of pathfinder recently and many other games.

He has his over the top moments, but overall quite a fun streamer.

As for the game: it looks boring, sorry.

*taking cover from the rotten tomatoes thrown by people who seem to love the first entry*

I wonder how many of these guys actually make a living doing this. By that I mean a decent six figure salary for 40-50 hours of labor or less. If so, yeah I think I could play games for a living. Of course, you'd need to cover your own life, medical, dental, vision, 401k, pension and such.

I would not be an entertaining gamer though. I barely speak 200 words a day on average. If somebody just wanted to watch, I'd be okay. But listen to the drivel like that guy spilled? Uck, nope. I just don't like my voice that much. :D

I wonder how many of these guys actually make a living doing this. By that I mean a decent six figure salary for 40-50 hours of labor or less. If so, yeah I think I could play games for a living. Of course, you'd need to cover your own life, medical, dental, vision, 401k, pension and such.

I would not be an entertaining gamer though. I barely speak 200 words a day on average. If somebody just wanted to watch, I'd be okay. But listen to the drivel like that guy spilled? Uck, nope. I just don't like my voice that much. :D
Few people make a good living but many people are able to survive off of it.

I think that getting to a critical mass of fans is very important for success. That then gives you a monthly subscriber income.

Easy numbers, 1 subscriber gives 2.5 dollars. So if you can get 1000 subscribers you get an OK salary of 2500 per month. Then many streamers get random donations ranging from 1 to 100 dollars and also get the games and or computer hardware for free.

A six figure salary is not very common although I would think this guy would probably be there or thereabouts.

See, that would be a fine option for me in retirement. I won't need to make 6 figures, but just something to do and to bring in a small amount of income to pad my pension :)

See, that would be a fine option for me in retirement. I won't need to make 6 figures, but just something to do and to bring in a small amount of income to pad my pension :)
Yeah, most do say more than 200 words per day :)

Back
Top Bottom