C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
Yeah, it feels more "natural" than Fallout, closer to a FPS but stats still play an important part, as they should in a RPG.

The world itself feels very Fallout-esque. Lot of freedom. The main city is really well built, believable. Trafic. Interesting neighbourhood with distinct spirits. Lot of moral choices, of options. I like the way you level up, how you upgrade your characters.

What I don't like is the equipment system. You basically have two dozens different weapons with 5 rarity levels : common, uncommon, rare, epic, legendary. I finished the main story using the same assault rifle I was using at level 5, except now it was legendary and had four different upgrade slots. But what I hate most is how silly the armors are. Some t-shirt protect more than heavy military armor. But yeah, I guess it's important to have "style". *sigh*

But what I hate most is how silly the armors are. Some t-shirt protect more than heavy military armor. But yeah, I guess it's important to have "style". *sigh*

Heh... I often found myself ignoring clothing with better stats because of that.

Supposedly, CDPR is working on a large update that's going to bring the game to v1.5. One of the things mentioned is an overhaul of the loot system.

https://www.ginx.tv/en/cyberpunk-20...soft-re-launch-of-troubled-game-claims-leaker

I'm hoping it brings a little more sense to the armor system, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yes, I think they for sure sacrificed style for believable armor. I got really good stats on a bitch T-shirt ending above the belly of my tough guy, so he looks super silly, but hey I have a good Armour value :D Maybe you could imagine there is some kind of power shield inside the clothes or such.

Yes, I think they for sure sacrificed style for believable armor.

I thought it was the opposite :)

Problem is that most player will go for the stuff with the best stats. These things seldom fit together... A skirt with a rocker sleeveless shirt and a japanese-style helmet?

The equipment ends up more often than not looking ridiculous, both statwise and stylewise.

Think of it like a "John Wick" suit which can take a hail of bullets and still light-weight and with style!

I mean, it's the Cyberpunk genre... stuff like nanoweave is very much a thing. Not that it makes sense for every ganger in the city to have it in their cut-off t-shirts or whatever, but the idea of a linear bigger/bulkier = more protective isn't really a thing in this sort of world.

I thought it was the opposite :)

Problem is that most player will go for the stuff with the best stats. These things seldom fit together… A skirt with a rocker sleeveless shirt and a japanese-style helmet?

The equipment ends up more often than not looking ridiculous, both statwise and stylewise.

Ooo, what was I writing :D I meant the opposite.... long working day.....

I mean, it's the Cyberpunk genre… stuff like nanoweave is very much a thing. Not that it makes sense for every ganger in the city to have it in their cut-off t-shirts or whatever, but the idea of a linear bigger/bulkier = more protective isn't really a thing in this sort of world.

And yet you have the "Arasaka Elite" and the Militech trooper wearing what appear to be heavier armors. But yeah, I'm better fighting them using my trusted black metal rocker t-shirt :lol:

And yet you have the "Arasaka Elite" and the Militech trooper wearing what appear to be heavier armors. But yeah, I'm better fighting them using my trusted black metal rocker t-shirt :lol:

I guess you didn't understand my reference to a linear progression? It's also not linear in the opposite direction.

For me C2077 style was about street cred and making a statement. Reputation can be just as important, sometimes more important, than ones armor class. Being seen as cool and high in street cred is important. Appearing high-end fashionable also important.

Not everyone in Nightcity is meant to be walking around in the equivalent of full plate mail.

I almost always put style above AC/stats for two reasons - one I like my character looking good and two, at least for this game, it made sense to portray a certain style.

People say they enjoy playing games on hard difficulty then complain when they can't max out all their stats to make the hard playing easier :p

Kind of random question…but how would you compare the the combat to other games you've played? More like a Mass Effect or maybe latest Fallouts or closer to a true FPS?

I too bought this one on Steam sale and thinking about giving it a go.

Combat is reasonably close to Fallout 4 - but a bit more accomplished in terms of the moment-to-moment gameplay. I wouldn't say it's a big leap - but it's noticable.

Of course, without mods, it's excessively weak in terms of balance and mechanics. We're talking trivially easy within a few hours even on the hardest difficulty.

However, with the right mods - it can somewhat work for an extended period of time.

Last edited:
For me C2077 style was about street cred and making a statement. Reputation can be just as important, sometimes more important, than ones armor class. Being seen as cool and high in street cred is important. Appearing high-end fashionable also important.

Not everyone in Nightcity is meant to be walking around in the equivalent of full plate mail.

Indeed. But if I go in a firefight, and my char goes the "direct" way, I would like to wear the best armor available. Just like soldiers, cops and about anyone who tend to get in firefight in real life. It's just silly when that best armor happens to be some jeans shorts.

BP_PDP_R2_Day1_0359_590x.progressive.jpg

I like when my char looks good too, you know. I just feel the equipment stats, for the clothes, make no sense at all in this game. Sure, you can have "nanocloth" all you want. But even then, heavier triple layer of such nanocloth should protect you better. That's even what the game says since even in that game, those who got the money tend to wear heavier armors.

A game such as Mount & Blades get it right : You get "civilian" clothes to walk around in the cities/villages, interact with townfolks, and you have battle clothes when you know you are going to get in a fight. Makes much sense than having you walk in full plate all the time, or the opposite, having you walk in firefights with just a jeans and a t-shirt.

Not the first game where the armour looks make no sense ;)

Amiri_Kingmaker.jpg

Pretty much every fantasy game has this silliness. When do they hide the boobs and the belly of female characters?

Anyway, I very much agree with you. Games like M&B and Kingdom Come are nice exceptions and one would wish such exceptions became the mainstream. Yet, perhaps we just have to admit that it is fantasy and has little to do with reality.

Certainly.

As soon as "magic" is part of the equation, some of such silliness can at least be explained/rationalized. But it's not the case with such sci-fi games.

Certainly.

As soon as "magic" is part of the equation, some of such silliness can at least be explained/rationalized. But it's not the case with such sci-fi games.

The force is magic, right? ;) Another one that bugs me with sci-fi games is the wrong modelling of gravity. Not an issue in CP2077, though.

Anyway, sex sells and nerdy-boys would perhaps like to copulate with all those sexy barbarians. Why otherwise would they stoop to such sexism :p

I want those shorts for my C2077 guy! Maybe it projects an invisible force field around the whole body :p

Aye get what you all are saying. I do think there is something to street cred as well in this game which is tied a bit to fashion.

Either way I play on easier modes anyhow as I tend to go with fashion over function. Sometimes it ends up adding extra challenge even on easier modes because of that.

The one thing I do upgrades as much as possible, however, are my weapons. I like the best weapons.

still no word on 1.5 :(, praying daily and hoping patiently it will drop soon lol, im itching for a replay; fucked around a bit in the city today on the gfn's 3060, runs smoothly with everything on ultra-RT included, looks absolutely beautiful and the AI still hilarious as expected :biggrin:

According to the last known credible leak which CDPR denies there won't be any update or DLC until the new console version is launched under the name Samurai Edition.
The Rumor

The upcoming next-gen patch/Patch 1.5 will be treated as a soft relaunch for the game. It will rename the game Cyberpunk 2077 Samurai Edition. It’s already confirmed that the next-gen update will be released in Q1 of 2022.
CDPR will do a big reveal in February about this patch. Besides that, the same stream will also reveal the game’s first expansion pack and the upcoming Cyberpunk anime.

First Expansion

The first expansion pack will take place in Pacifica. You can explore and find quests in an area called the “Combat zone." There will be two new gangs here - the Bozos and the Slaughterhouse. The new area seemed inspired by S.T.A.L.K.E.R. The second expansion pack is currently in early development but will only launch if the first expansion does well in sales.

Free DLCs and Features

Not all the new content is paid, however. The same rumor revealed that the update will bring new features and improvements to the base game. The loot system will be rebalanced, and a new UI will be added. AI will be reworked, and new features like Barbershops and the Transmog system will be introduced.

Back
Top Bottom