Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Not really

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • Somewhat excited

Votes: 39 41.1%
  • Oh yes!

Votes: 31 32.6%

• Total voters
Yes, I'm fairly hyped for Kingdom Come, and also looking forward to Kingmaker, Phoenix Point and Mount & Blade 2 (if it comes out this year).

I'm about ready to hide behind the couch wrt Kingdom Come. I *so* want it to be great! But this brand new company is biting off so much. Can they really pull all of those features off at the same time!? The graphics sure look great but…

Battletech should be very fun for me - though maybe calling it an RPG will be pushing it. Even if I don't like it as an RPG, I fully expect to love it as a strategy game.

Bard's Tale 4 looks great, too. Isn't it nice how turn based games have come back with such a vengeance?

Underworld Ascendant will be interesting. The graphics look a good bit better to me now than before. Some bits of one video I saw made the stealth options look a lot like Thief in a dungeon, which would be incredibly fun. Despite having backed it there's still plenty I don't know so I can't get massively excited but there are a couple of words that make my heart beat faster: LOOKING GLASS

Vampyr gave me a kinda bad impression with its first video but it's sounding better now. Call of Cthulhu: Official might be fun. Final Fantasy 15 possibly. Mount & Blade - sure, if it shows up.

Outside of RPGs there's X4: Foundations. Even if it does show up this year, though, I probably won't buy it until next year. Then I'll love it. Various 4X games should be getting mature enough to buy, too.

Queue the Pointer Sisters.

All the PS4 releases look awesome, especially God of War and Spider-man. Biomutant looks like a sleeper. Maybe we'll see Last of Us Part 2. As far as PC releases, I'm playing a ton of X-Com type strategy games, and waiting on Underworld Ascendant, Mutant Year Zero, Phoenix Point, and Dungeons of Aledorn. Bard's Tale IV, Vampyr, and Call of Cthulhu also deserve honorable mention.

Kingmaker, maybe? And PoE II. Having finished (essentially) games like Satellite Reign, Dex, Sword Coast Legends lately, I'd like to finally play a polished, complete, complex, and substantial RPG...

It's a big maybe as I have a huge backlog of games to play due to having no stable internet connection for almost a whole year. As for now only a few interest me.

Maybe I should start playing more RPG phone games since apparently I'm missing out. That last line is sarcasm by the way, so I'm not serious about what I said.

Last edited:
Three games stand out to me this year -- Copper Dreams, Phoenix Point, and Kingmaker

I think Kingmaker and POE2 are the only ones on my radar for 2018.

I'm already thoroughly enjoying one of the games I was longing to play this year, Cold Steel the second. Therefore, this year is already a marvelous success in my book!!!

For PC: Battletech, The Bard's Tale IV, Phoenix Point, Underworld Ascendant.
For PS4: the new God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2, The Last of Us II, and maybe Detroit Become Human.

Definitely looking forward to Battletech, Celestian Tales: Realms Beyond, Copper Dreams, Disco Elysium, Odd Gods, & Vigilantes.

I also backed The Meridian Shard which is supposed to be released soon; at this point I feel like I know very little about the game but at least the latest visuals look really nice.

Few more I've backed on KS years ago that could possibly come out this year, but been delayed so much I'm not holding my breath. Anyway, should be a pretty good year for me assuming these all don't get pushed to next year.

Not usually superhyped around indies, but Winterfall seems very promising. That and Insomnia.

I have no clue what i voted at the start of the year but right now it seems like a banner year with way more good games than I can possibly play.

Yeah, I'm really excited about the coop potential of Fallout 76.

Also looking forward to Kingmaker, even though I'm a little burned out on that style of game.

Beyond 2018, I have to say I can't recall being this excited about games after E3 in my adult life.

No less than three "bigger than big" games coming out at some point after 2020 (CP2077, Starfield and Star Citizen). Far away, true, but I expect them all to evolve genres in significant ways - and that hasn't really happened in ages.

Then there's a ton of what would normally be top tier in terms of my interest, including Division 2, Phoenix Point and Last of Us 2. But because of the three I mentioned above, these are merely very, very interesting. Anthem could also be right up my alley - but it's too early to tell. So far, it looks suit-driven in more ways than one :)

Very exciting time to be a gamer.

Nothing close to competing with Cold Steel the second for me as of yet, although I suppose the year is still young. The next six months would have to be quite awesome to even compete.

It's not the best of years; it's not the worst of years. I'm always a little optimistic about new titles.

As per usual most the games I've been looking forward to appear to be getting pushed back to next year (if not vaporware). However, Vigilantes sounds likes it close to release and last I heard ZA/UM are still saying end of the year for Disco Elysium.

More than halfway through 2018. It has been a slow year. Subnautica and Into the Breach has been the only new games I've played. Probably I missed some titles I would've been interested with but still.

I'm interested in the new Tomb Raider game, "Shadow of the Tomb Raider", and the Pathfinder: Kingmaker rpg game, both due to be released this year.

I have not bought any 2018 games up to this point though. It does seem like a slow year.

Oh I forgot, I'm extremely excited and hyped about red dead redemption 2. The Old West is one of my favorite settings, and I think the game looks absolutely phenomenal. Almost a dream come true, really.

But that said, I am a "PC master race" person, and so have to wait for the PC version, which will probably be out next year in 2019 or early 2020.

Back
Top Bottom