BG3 Baldur's Gate III

Baldur's gate 3

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hello everyone,

okay, it's there. The Teaser of Larian has finally revealed it.

Alrik

I hope it will reach retail as well.

I… don't know how to feel.

I am over-the-top excited to see a new BG on one hand… plus Larian making it (not sure if they're the best fit but I do have faith in my countrymen)… and on the other hand I fear that the story will feel forced since the Bhaalspawn saga is done.
Hopefully they will start a new story in the titular city that is unrelated to the Bhaalspawn, but somehow I kinda doubt it.

Nooooooo:( It will never be like BG1&2! Do they really needed to mess with our beloved game series? Why not make something different, something own in Forgotten Realms setting, like Waterdeep or whatever, but their own instead on exploiting nostalgia of RPG fans!

I'm surprised no one posted the teaser trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcP0WdH7rTs

I'm curios what engine they'll use. And I imagine it's got to be an implementation of AD&D right? I'm not sure it would be BG without it.

Also, regarding the teaser trailer, the Cthulhu inspired monsters are kind of overdone, no? I would have loved a more mature approach to storytelling in this case. Though, I'm not sure if Larian can pull something like that off. They might be good for gameplay and design, but I've never seen storytelling to be their strong suite.

To me, it looks rather like a mind flayer.

To me, it looks rather like a mind flayer.

Yeah. I didn't remember this about Mindflayers, but after looking it up - they reproduce by inserting tadpoles into a host's brain, which eventually takes over and makes a new Mindflayer.

Apprently it'll play in 5e rules. I'm not sure about that, but I feel adventurous. Bring it on, and let's have some fun.

PS: I hate Illithids.

So will my whole party be mindflayers, or just the main guy?

:biggrin:

PS: I hate Illithids.

You mean from a role-playing perspective, or you hate the concept?

I think they're one of the more memorable D&D monsters. They're right up there with beholders, mimics, and gelatinous cubes as my favorites.

Thumbs up from me so far. Cthulhu Gate 3 here we come!

He probably hates them after they mindblast his party. I remember the mindflayer lair being particularly difficult for me when I first played Baldur's Gate 2. It made me come up with a different tactic then I used for most of my other encounters. When replaying it I didn't find it too bad, but I knew what I was going up against.

I'm surprised no one posted the teaser trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcP0WdH7rTs

I'm curios what engine they'll use. And I imagine it's got to be an implementation of AD&D right? I'm not sure it would be BG without it.

Also, regarding the teaser trailer, the Cthulhu inspired monsters are kind of overdone, no? I would have loved a more mature approach to storytelling in this case. Though, I'm not sure if Larian can pull something like that off. They might be good for gameplay and design, but I've never seen storytelling to be their strong suite.

Turn in your D&D card for not knowing what a Mind Flayer is. Hang your head in shame. ;)

Nooooooo:( It will never be like BG1&2! Do they really needed to mess with our beloved game series? Why not make something different, something own in Forgotten Realms setting, like Waterdeep or whatever, but their own instead on exploiting nostalgia of RPG fans!

For once, I agree with Zogar Sag

You mean from a role-playing perspective, or you hate the concept?

I think they're one of the more memorable D&D monsters. They're right up there with beholders, mimics, and gelatinous cubes as my favorites.

I mean in the original games, they have flawless spellcasting/psionics, kinda unavoidable instant death abilities, they could CC you for days, and when you somehow manage to get your barbarian in melee in full control of his mind to swing his weapon, they were actually pretty tough to kill!

It's a "hate" in the sense that.. they're overpowered creatures, but they make the perfect villain, and I'm excited to see what they are up to in BG3.

After being blasted to a quivering pulp I learned to always carry around potions of clarity ;-) The undead ones were particularly nasty... But they are challenging and interesting foes, and a good choice I think. I hope that they don't have to mess too much with the DnD 5e mechanics...I want a mechanically rich D&D game set in FR. Is there any news about combat RTwP or TB? (I didn't pick up anything, but maybe I missed it)

Back
Top Bottom