Gothic 2 - Now Available on Good Old Games!

txa1265

SasqWatch
As noted here:
Due to some last-minute trouble we had to postpone the release of SpellForce, however we're releasing another great RPG in its stead - Gothic 2 Gold.

Gothic 2 Gold is a third-person role-playing game by Piranha Bytes. The game's storyline picks up where the first part left off, three months after the protagonist the Nameless Hero, is rescued by Xardas. He soon learns he has much yet to do, as Khorins faces another threat. Its only means of salvation lies in an ancient artifact - the Eye of Innos - which lies in the hands of Lord Hagen, leader of the paladins. If he fails to retrieve it, war and ruin will befall the land. If you want to get hyped some more, check out the intro movies on our YouTube channel.
Download it here for $9.99!
More information.

Now there is a rpg with big R :). If you still haven't (for some weird reason) played this masterpiece..now is your change.

Or if you, like me, don't want to be bothered with 4 CD's for install and having to keep one in to play ...

Wonder if it would work on a 64 bit OS. My box copy of G2 will install, but won't run. Is there anyway to check or ask before buying?

Wonder if it would work on a 64 bit OS. My box copy of G2 will install, but won't run. Is there anyway to check or ask before buying?

It should work. They promised that there games are compatible with XP and Vista and that should include both 32 and 64 bit editions. They postponed the Vaxworks release for weeks due to a 64-bit issue. I bought it yesterday and do have a 64-bit system. I may be able to try it later to day and will post my findings.

Gothic Universe .... all 3 Gothic games for $30....on DVD.

Do you need the DVD to play? My whole thought is netbook ease more than anything. Already have G1 on there, will now have G2 Gold, and there won't be a netbook to run G3 until 2015 ... heck, high end computers can barely do it now ...

Mmmm, good question, I don't have G2 installed right now. I do know you don't need the DVD to play Gothic 1, but the CD was never needed for the original release either.

The DVD check for G3 was disabled in one of the CPs.

I beg to differ on the graphics point. For me, part of the charm and attraction of G1, G2, and NoTR is the game graphics. I'm more interested in story and game-play than eye-candy. Gothic graphics is not a distraction for me at all. YMMV.

My comment for before I had tuned the graphics a bit (forced AA+AF + some other). It's actually pretty decent now (screenshots).

It wasn't a complaint, but just to note that this type of polygonal graphics fade pretty quickly in comparison to more artistic 2d-graphics.

Love It!

What widescreenfix?! I haven't played the game since got the Ws LCD Screen, because I thought the image is strencthed, but those screenshots are not.

Where can I get the patch? The link doesn't say it, or is the game stretched in widescreen at all?

Well, so far no luck on Vista 64. Game doesn't launch but I still get a Gothic2.exe process which has to be killed manually.

That's what worried me; I get the same thing with my original boxed version of G2 on XP64. Better tell GoG before people riot!! :)

I think there's a fix/patch for this @WoG but I hoped they'd fix it.

I looked there, but couldn't find it if there is one. Does anyone have a link to a patch?

Well that is a shame. I am downloading now, hopefully performance on netbook will be good.

What widescreenfix?! I haven't played the game since got the Ws LCD Screen, because I thought the image is strencthed, but those screenshots are not.

Where can I get the patch? The link doesn't say it, or is the game stretched in widescreen at all?
You just follow the instructions given and update your Gothic.ini with zVidResFullscreenX, zVidResFullscreenY with your monitors native resolution (mine is 1680x1050) and set extendedMenu=1.

That's what worried me; I get the same thing with my original boxed version of G2 on XP64. Better tell GoG before people riot!! :)

I have posted on the gog forums. It seems some people can run it on a 64-bit system.

Back
Top Bottom