Pricewatch!

New Humble Bundle, and this time it is double fine!

In the less then average tier we have:
Costume quest
Psychonauts + soundtrack
Stracking

and pay more than average to get
Brütal Legend

Also, pay $35 or more to get their upcoming adventure game Broken Age, when it is released (this is the kickstarter game)

At least in one shop of the Saturn chain, FIFA 10 and Fußball Manager 10 by EA are currently sold by 99 Cents each. Cologne, Germany.
They sell Grotesque Tactics II for 2,99.

You know you buy too many games when…. ;)

I look at it this way - even with a full-priced initial purchase, and on-sale purchases at Steam and GoG.com ... I STILL haven't paid $30 per game. And these are better than many games I paid $50 for, so ...

So what would you compare the Eschalon games to? I'm thinking of giving them a try. I heard they're pretty good but somewhat short.

GG are out of Steam activations but I went ahead and bought Dishonored and Skyrim anyway!

Dishonored at $15 is a great deal. Very good game imo.

Great deal for Skyrim too, but I'm holding out for the complete edition. It's also one of the few games where I'd like to have a boxed version.

Picked up Fallen Enchantress for like 10 bucks on Steam today. A friend of mine really likes it so I figured ten bucks was the right price to try it out.

-Carn

So what would you compare the Eschalon games to? I'm thinking of giving them a try. I heard they're pretty good but somewhat short.
The Eschalon games are isometric and turn based, but you do not activate a turn by a special key but simply by doing something like walking or fighting. So if you walk five units, your enemies also walk five units (if they are as fast as you - there may be faster or slower ones). If you play fast it is de facto like real time, so it is a little bit like real time with pause, but the pause is not triggered by a key but by doing nothing. (Sorry for the complicated description, but I am not aware of well-known games with the same mechanics.)

This mechanics works only for a single character game obviously, would not be possible for a group.

From the ratio between action and story and and exploration and from the general fun factor I would compare them with Divine Divinity, despite the different mechanics. Of course they are not as long as Divinity, but I had similar fun as long as they lasted.

There should be a demo for at least one of them, so you can try it.

The Eschalon games are isometric and turn based, but you do not activate a turn by a special key but simply by doing something like walking or fighting. So if you walk five units, your enemies also walk five units (if they are as fast as you - there may be faster or slower ones). If you play fast it is de facto like real time, so it is a little bit like real time with pause, but the pause is not triggered by a key but by doing nothing. (Sorry for the complicated description, but I am not aware of well-known games with the same mechanics.)

Thanks for the description. It sounds sort of like the TB mechanics of the old M&M games. (M&M III-V).

Too bad about only controlling a single character. I would have preferred pure TB or RTWP with a party. I might still give the demo a try if there is one.

All of these are freaking windows. Where is the Mac support?

There are more and more Mac games coming all the time. Bethesda doesn't make them, and apparently doesn't allow Feral or Aspyr to do the ports.

I'm sure Gamer's Gate will be extremely sympathetic to your question. ;)

That has nothing to do with GamersGate, but of course you wouldn't want common sense to stand in the way of trolling GamersGate.

Back
Top Bottom