Divinity: Original Sin II - Red Prince Origin

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Divinity Original Sin II character creator comes with origin story segments to introduce the set characters. This video explains the origin of the Red Prince.

Play as the infamous Red Prince or have him join your party as a companion in DOS2! Discover his origin here!
More information.

Is it just me or does the voice acting not seem to fit that character at all? :)

It's you, of course.;)

British always works for pompous noble attitude, but needs more gruff to it ( evil lizard men, D. Icke). Vin Diesel?

Yeah, that's beyond horrible. Perhaps this is placeholder until Larian can find some credited actors? Vin Diesel...maybe. I was thinking Rutger Hauer if he's still kicking.

Is it just me or does the voice acting not seem to fit that character at all? :)

I think its an odd choice, not what I would have picked or imagined for the character. That said, it's not that big of an issue, I can deal with it. It would have been nice to have a choice of voices though, but I understand that would be a huge hassle and expensive to do.

All that said, it would be nice if the players have the option of muting the origin character voices, on an individual basis, that kind of detailed control, if they would rather just have silence or don't care for the voice of a particular character or the voice acting.

I always use subtitles if available. As mentioned by many, we read much faster than someone can speak and my gaming time is precious. No need to waste it limping along at talk speeds.

The person voicing The Red Prince voiced the lizard general Edmund in Dragon Commander which is like the first lizard ever heard in the Divinity series. They are a pompus "I stand above all" elitist empire race.

To me it's definitely one of the most annoying game characters I have encountered (in the KS beta) in a long time. In the final game I am planning to spend exactly zero minutes and zero seconds with this pompous assclown :) .

He does have the advantage of always having a shovel :)

The voice makes sense for me. Especially in context to Dragon Commander actors.
Lizards don't need super gruff voices or anything. Works for me.

Unlike JDR I can't think of more fitting VO for such character.

Thanks to watch, I have a copy of the game on steam. I was waiting for release to properly play the game but the hype has got to me. If i download the game now and play it, do I have to download it again after release and start over or can I just continue?

You'll have to download the final build again when the game is released.
Not sure about savegames compatibility.

Thanks to watch, I have a copy of the game on steam. I was waiting for release to properly play the game but the hype has got to me. If i download the game now and play it, do I have to download it again after release and start over or can I just continue?

The saves of the early access won't be compatible with the release version and there should be a big update on release day (but it would be the same version).

Does the Red Prince really have multiple origins or is it a typo in the headline?

He has only one origin story.

I *think* in the beta that was release there was multiple origins stories if you created the lizard - but it's been a while since i played it and can't remember the details.

Does the Red Prince really have multiple origins or is it a typo in the headline?

I kind of like his voice. Seems very fitting him to be a pompous ass.:) His voice and mannerisms even reminded me of Viserys Targaryen. Hopefully he isn't as foolish :lol:

Back
Top Bottom