Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Patch 1.0.3c

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Another big patch was released today for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.

PF: WotR: patch 1.0.3c

Known issues

• In chapter 5 don't skip the scene of getting a Mythic level, it may break the game;
  • Re-training your character will break late-game Mythic Paths, such as Legend, Gold Dragon, Swarm-that-Walks, a secret path;
  • Sometimes opening a UI that pauses the game, such as level up screen, may pause the game even after. Workaround: open and close the inventory if it happens;
  • Characters on a secret mythic path, who have already taken mythic ranks in it, won't be able to get mythic feats or abilities from previous mythic ranks of that mythic path.
Quests

• Deep-Rooted Derangement could break if you skipped the cut-scene which started it - fixed;
  • Fixed the infinite XP gain in the dialogue with Thaberdine;
  • The second dialogue with Nulkineth could start more than once - fixed;
  • The logic in the dialogue with Toil in Ember's quest in chapter 5 has been fixed;
  • The logic in the dialogue with Melies in chapter 5 has been fixed;
  • A romantic event with Galfrey from the 3rd chapter could start in chapter 5 - fixed;
  • Fixed inability to complete the Grudges to Settle quest if you kill Chivarro before talking to Herrax;
  • Sometimes Arueshalae refused to talk even after leaving the prison - fixed;
  • Anevia in chapter 5 now properly recognizes whether the player remained the Commander in chapter 3 or not;
  • A cutscene at the end of Death's Embrace sometimes didn't start - fixed;
  • Fixed an error that could give a wrong objective related to the Prisoner of the Abyss quest after talking to Sosiel;
  • A cut-scene with Azata's Free Crusaders could freeze in Midnight Fane - fixed;
  • Sometimes Days of Strife wouldn't fail after finishing chapter 1;
  • From a Dead Woman's Hands: in some cases, it was impossible to call Sosiel to talk with Paralictor Aminos Renth in Drezen - fixed;
  • A Conversation with Halaseliax sometimes didn't start after Dragon's Awakening - fixed;
  • Above the Clouds: it was possible to get an objective to speak to Desnans about music too early. Fixed. If you already got the objective, just wait until the time is right for this dialogue to trigger;
  • In some cases after Azata's battle at Flesh Markets, a conversation with Rhamisa wouldn't start - fixed;
  • A cut-scene with Rhamisa could trigger twice if you went into her hideout again - fixed;
  • A romantic scene with Galfrey didn't start before Midnight Fane - fixed;
  • Dragon's Awakening: Halaseliax could stay in Drezen while he was supposed to leave for Kenabres - fixed;
  • Fighting against your previous companions on some difficulties resulted in their resurrection after a fight - fixed;
  • In chapter 1, if, after scouting the Tower of Estrod, you failed to report to Irabeth before the attack on the tavern started, this objective wouldn't be completed - fixed. You will receive another objective;
  • Fixed replies in the dialogue with Nocticula during Demon's quest in chapter 5.
[...]
More information.

Damn, now that I already finished the game they fix the Dazzling Display feat disappear problem! If I had got a penny for everytime I had to respec Camellia to retake the feat and all the others that particular feat unlocked. :D

At least it won't be a problem when I hypothetically replay it in the future, with DLCs and stuff.

Retrain bug bit me hard. Sad to say I’m going to shelf the game for a few months and start it over after a bit more polish. Was really loving it otherwise.

Think I’ll try to finally get the secret ending in KM…

Camellia?
Someone played a demon or a lich obviously… :p

As everyone can see most of fixes are chapter 5 related.
I've posted in hints thread already that ch5 is bugridden and those mentioned fixes are not even the half of it.

Camellia?
Someone played a demon or a lich obviously… :p

As everyone can see most of fixes are chapter 5 related.
I've posted in hints thread already that ch5 is bugridden and those mentioned fixes are not even the half of it.

Actually none of those! Not likely that I would have for my first playthrough, but the horror stories about Demon/Lich game-breaking bugs in the later acts kept me off them, if there was any doubt. She was just useful to my party composition until very late!

I did know she was up to something as soon as I got her because I was a little cheeky and used a scroll of atonement on her. While the scroll usually restores the character to their original alignment, ehat it also does is printing that information in the chat, whether you wear an alignment-concealing amulet or not - "Camellia has performed a ******* **** action." That would be telling, if the hints she gives in various dialogues werent't obvious enough. :)

Last edited:
Announcement on discord - DO NOT RESPEC!

Crusaders! An important announcement:
We are now working on an issue that turned out to be really serious and the fix deeply affected the internal structure of the game. Please note that if you saved after using respec in Act II or further, your saved game may remain corrupted, potentially blocking your playthrough. Mythic Demon and Lich are the most affected by this problem. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused, and strongly recommend to revert back to a save made before respeccing.
Please stay away of the respec function up until the next patch. The problem will be gone then.

Thanks for the warning! Luckily I always disable that in the difficulty settings as respecing has always felt very meta-gaming to me so I have avoided it.

Ah yes see patching can break a game as well.:roll:

Anyway the bigger your game the easier it is to break something.

As for Camellia that girls a stone cold psychopath and will never change. As soon as my angel Paladin found all this out, and she tells you she drinks blood after murdering innocents, death was the only answer unless your Chaotic Evil.

Respeccing in Chapter 1 is also affected ?

I'm not sure but I will be weary of it.

I got my first game breaking bug :( Major characters to progress story aren't spawning in late chapter 4. Sigh.

I didn't respec ever in my game so its def not respec problem.

Announcement on discord - DO NOT RESPEC!

Hmm…this is just a little worriesome. I've only respecced a single character, Seelah.

Lol, that was because when I levelled up her horse I assumed that the horses most powerful natural weapon would be it's hooves but "hoof" was not available so I picked "other natural weapon", only to notice later that the horse only had "bite" attacks.:lol:

This, I feel is a negative part of the level up process in the game, there's just so many feats, abilities, spells and so on, to keep track of, for so many characters, that when you level up you really need the entire character-sheet & spellbook open, or at least the part of it that relates to any specific "level up choice" should automatically be shown in front of you.

Patch 1.0.3c was actually supposed to address the respec issue, but not all is good yet:

OwlcatStarrok said:
A fresh update [note: this was posted on reddit 14h ago] after the patch [1.0.3c]: while some of the respec issues have been addressed, late-game mythic paths (Legend, Swarm, Gold Dragon, secret one) seem to still be affected. Try to avoid the feature for now, the problem is being worked on with maximum priority now.

In regard to where in chapter 2 it's still safe to respec:
OwlcatStarrok said:
Seems to be the Siege of Drezen. If you do it prior, you should be fine. Also, a fresh update from the tech team - seems that Legend isn't affected after all.

This only affected the main character, so companions are fine.

Personally, I respec my characters frequently in the early levels when I feel the need to fix some aspects of the vision I have for my party. I'm using a mod for free respec, but I only do it for RP purposes, not to game the system. Will probably stop soon. I have actually pre-planned my party members down to the feats they are going to take at level 19 or 20.

I'm still in chapter 1, so I'm not too worried about bugs in later chapters yet.

Started over with new character. And who knows how many times I will start over till Im happy with character enough to progress deeper into game and eventually finish it. So no rush.

When playing Kingmaker I started over after reaching 4th chapter, just because I was not 100% content with my character. So yeah, it might take me some time to get deeper in the game.

Before I reach final chapters the game will probably be fully patched and all DLCs will be released :lol:

Took me four years to finish Kingmaker but that was due to bugs, and lack of interest. I also decided to put Wrath of the Righteous on hold and replay Atom RPG & expansion.

Seriously though when should we expect the enhanced edition that will still need bug fixing? Alright..alright.. I'll keep my mouth shut even though what I wrote is true.:p

Took me four years to finish Kingmaker but that was due to bugs, and lack of interest. I also decided to put Wrath of the Righteous on hold and replay Atom RPG & expansion.

I am also starting first ATOM this weekend as I lost save game from my first run but I also wanted to play this 1.1 version so it is win/win until they polish Trudograd, Encased and Pathfinder.

Sounds like I will be staying away from this for a while... not that I usually respec a lot in games. I find it part of the RPG experience to live with your good or bad choices, at least in the first playthrough

Playing a little bit with the new patch, I noticed that they fixed a bug with one of the metamagic feats somehow causing magic missile to hit for quintuple damage. On the downside, charging is still unreliable, I still had an incident where it was interrupted and I lost my standard action.

Back
Top Bottom