BioWare - Next Mass Effect Game is Playable

aries100

SasqWatch
Aaryn Flynn, General Manager, on Bioware, said on Twitter that he had had a

Great time playing the next Mass Effect game in Montreal. Ambitious. Beautiful. Fresh but recognizable. And fun.
Thanks to Darth Revan91 for this news. You can view the thread about this at the Bioware forums here.

More information.

Guys I've worked on my job today. The job was ambitious. Beautiful. Fresh, recognizable and fun!

Sadly, I'm not general manager of anything, but you do believe every word I've said, right? It's not 1st of april or something, no reason to pull your noses.

Yea, who am I kidding, my job is rotten and definetly not fun.
I'm not preordering next ME. He can try to PR the hype to someone else.

I am preordering the next ME (unless some wildly horrible fact comes out about it) but not because of any PR excitement, but because I have enjoyed every Bioware single-player game to date, especially ME2 and ME3.

There are many news bits on this site and even on regular news sites like cnn which make me wonder who on earth cares about such "news" but I would rather a site err on the side of more information rather than skip too many news bits. That said, I would not become enthusiastic just because a game is in a playable state at the moment. I'm much more interested in release dates.

So, do you get to play as Captain Sheepherder again? What kind of an RPG forces you to play as a character with a stupid name, that you cannot change?

So, do you get to play as Captain Sheepherder again? What kind of an RPG forces you to play as a character with a stupid name, that you cannot change?

The Witcher?

Fresh but recognizable.

Recognizable?Oh, you can see the content and associate it to ME series without being hinted by a label?

What about making a RPG the same way? You know, a game that is RPG not because it has the label RPG on it but because it includes roleplaying.

The next Mass Effect game is playable? I guess that's an improvement over the last one…

Heh… I was going to say something similar. :)

Cutscene - 20 minutes of combat - cutscene - 20 minutes of combat - cutscene…

That was pretty much ME 2&3 in a nutshell. Come to think of it, that's pretty much all modern Bioware games.

I really liked playing ME (all three of them), but somehow, the ending killed the franchise for me. Perhaps Christmas will kill enough brain cells for me to forget the ending and I can enjoy ME4.

Looking forward to it. I enjoyed the series very much despite its flaws.

I'm interested in seeing this.

If they are making a prequel, it would be hard for me to buy this game - for the same reason it is hard (for me) to replay nowaday series and enjoy its story. IMHO it would be also an evidence that they screwed the lore so much, that they don't know what to do next with their wretched conlusion of the original saga.
But if reviews were superb I would give it a try with curiosity… Ofc after ME3 I will wait long enough to read/watch reviews other than ign's or gamespot's hype. I don't want to rewrite some conspiracy theories about developers paying them for reviews, in fact I want to say sth worse: I think that their love to all sorts of cliches, acceptance for intellectual marasmus, ingorance for the narrative bullshit and plotholes which are so devastating for RPGs …ufff… is one of the reasons developers are not pushing the level of storytelling, plot, ideas of their games higher and higher - instead: lowering it. It is a small exaggeration but i think there is a truth in it.

I wouldn't object if the sex-scenes were a bit more erotic like an intense romantic Hollywood movie. Emphasis not on naked body-parts, but on funny situations, not entirely serious encounters, lots of playful creative dialogue, sometimes with erotic overtones. Arcs leading to lascivious scenes without showing much skin, but a lot more emotions instead and professionally designed sexy clothes hiding more than they are showing.

Witty characters, really good looking girls ==> who can appear in new costumes and uplifting romance with wild turns, sort of a very enjoyable soap-opera in space that makes us fall in love with the characters.

Doesn't need to take itself too seriously. The best Asari girl I saw in a Citadel shop for example, awesome sexy model with an angelic voice and compared to her Liara was ridiculously unattractive (voice and looks).

Back
Top Bottom