Links and Stuff

Gorath, I caught that the other day in a news article our ACM group pointed out.

These aren't real Zombies they examined, because anyone knows you can turn a zomibee with a little salt.

Ironically, in the movie Carnival of Souls, the Zombies are first depicted as pasty white because they came up out of the Great Salt Lake.

These seem to be the poor Zombie like victims of viral outbreak caused from well meaning medicals experiments gone horribly wrong (as fictionally depicted in the classic Sci-Fi book I am Legend, and the Star Trek episode, Mira).

Venn diagram of Mythical Creatures. Was interesting enough to make me look up some of the names I've never heard of before.

(I wonder if there are Zombie versions of those ...)

Stellarium

This is an amazing program that's actually a 3D planetarium. It simulates the sky - just set your location, and see what planets and stars will be visible tonight. Or tommorow. Or jump several years forward. You can even change your point of view to other planets and moons. It also allows you to easily find constellations, nebulae, or specific stars with a search function. There's more but you can discover that yourself. ;)

The default database is pretty impressive, but I read that you can expand it to include even more stars, if you like.

It's easy to use, absolutely awesome, and I feel very lucky to have stumbled upon it. ^^

I had seen it before, and I can say that this program is indeed fascinating. :)

Walkthrough for Zork. Sung!

Here's a quote:
"SOUTH"
"EAST"
"OPEN WINDOW"
"ENTER HOUSE"
"WEST"
"GET THE LAMP"
"MOVE THE RUG"
"OPEN THE TRAP DOOR"

"LIGHT LAMP","D","S","E", "GET THE PAINTING", "N", "U", "U", "GET KNIFE AND ROPE", "D", "W", "OPEN CASE", "PUT PAINTING IN CASE", "DROP KNIFE", "GET SWORD", "OPEN TRAP DOOR", "D", "N", "KILL TROLL WITH SWORD", "DROP SWORD", "E", "E", "SE", "E", "TIE ROPE TO RAILING", "CLIMB DOWN ROPE", "S", "E", "GET COFFIN", "W", "S", "PRAY", "DOUSE LAMP", "S", "N", "E", "D" TO THE CANYON BOTTOM, "N", "DROP COFFIN", "OPEN COFFIN", "GET SCEPTRE",
"WAVE SCEPTRE", "LOOK", "GET GOLD AND COFFIN", "SW", "U" TO CANYON VIEW, "NW", "W", "ENTER HOUSE AND OPEN BAG"
"GET GARLIC", "W", "PUT COFFIN, SCEPTRE, AND GOLD IN CASE" "OPEN THE TRAP DOOR", "AND LIGHT THE LAMP",

(this maze is twisty)

Ok, this probably sounds a little weird for the uninitiated (like me), but there's a guy who gets a kick out of shooting anvils 200 feet in the air. Must be a sport I didn't know about. Looks fun though. He even looks a bit like a dwarf with the beard and all. :)

Last edited:
Didn't know where to post this, really, so filed it under "stuff".

blurb_freeshirt_20091019.jpg

They should just have called it "collector's edition". ;)

A game based on a movie based on a game based on TWO movies ... joy.

Heh ... somewhere in between those lines you lost me.

Back
Top Bottom