RPGWatch - Three Years and Counting

Happy Birthday!
This is my #1 visited site in my browser and the 2nd most visited on my cellphone. I don't post much but I do love this site!

I remember the mad scrambe that I did when trying to find where you guys had gone off to after RPGdot. I think there was some post at RPGdot about several of the staff leaving and starting a new website but there was no link to the watch... After some searching and nervous coffeedrinking I found the watch and my rpg-surfing has been happy ever since.

Keep up the good work.

A belated Happy Birthday from me too :)
This is the only gaming related site I found myself visit these last three years...

Late congratulations from me also. Happy birthday RPGWatch!

I'm glad you all enjoy what we are doing. Thanks for all the nice words :)

I can certainly understand the decision to focus solely on RPGs, and not MMO's anymore, but does this not mean that this site won't be following say Bioware's upcoming MMO-RPG, SW:TOR?
Our editors have their own preferences. If there is an editor who feels it makes sense to post news about an MMO then he/she can. But as Corwin said, the number of people in the staff who like MMO's is very small.

@Mythros Is the 'submit news' button the 'contact us' button? That's the only button that has any kind of reference to submit news. At the very bottom of the webpage it says www.rpgwatch/show/submitnews when I highlight it.
Yes that is the one.

Best game site for me, ever !
Hope RPGwatch excist for many more years !

:spotlight-left:Happy Birthday and congratulations!:spotlight-right:

Whilst being familar with other review sites, this is the only one that I recommend time and again; says it all really.:)

I am disappointed that you are no longer covering MMO's. I am surprised at that as MMO's are RP games as well (clearly in a different manner) and they are important to RP players (like me). I visit this site multiple times a day, but it really is mostly to view MMO information. Your community has a lot of insights and connections in this area and I have always valued that, I am bummed that is going to now disappear.

Thanks for your feedback, though I'm sorry we are disappointing you. It's simply a matter of time and staffing. It's a time-consuming labour of love and our core staff aren't passionate MMO players. Many of us have posted MMO news as a service but I personally have reached the stage where I can't justify the time for something I'm not really interested in. While others have carried on, it really takes a passion to continue, day in, day out and after discussion, we felt it was better to focus our energies. Hope that makes sense.

'grats you guys, it's been a great 3 years. Go Watch!

I'd write for you guys if I weren't otherwise engaged. Oh well :p

Certainly big ups to the admins and news collectors of the site. Those folks put in a ton of hours to keep the rest of us "in the know" and the result of that passion and effort is a site that people want to visit. As one of the site's incessant talkers, the thing I find most gratifying about this thread is the number of people with a small handful of posts that have spoken up. Sometimes, it's easy to forget the "silent masses" that stop by for regular visits and value what this site offers.

Back
Top Bottom